Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:30 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
R.I.P. Asmodeus
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

11-20-2016, 10:04 AM

Monday, December 28, 2015 | 1:02 PM Local Time | St. Peter’s Basilica | Vatican City

It has been an excruciating few days for the Illuminatus. Their guiding light, their high priest, the founder of the modern day Illuminatus passed away peacefully in his sleep. Sebastian Duke, the heir to the throne has been predictably stone faced and stoic, showing no outward emotion one way or the other. Thaddeus, on the other hand, is more human in many ways than his father. He’s strong and tough in times of war. Unlike his father, he also shows compassion and mercy if the situation dictates. In many ways, he’s far more emotionally stable than his father is. Thaddeus is not afraid to show his emotion whereas Sebastian Duke like his father before him, rarely showed true emotion other than anger.

Asmodeus’ death though, has given birth to a new hope. A new hope for peace throughout the Illuminatus and Catholic worlds. The now dead King said outwardly that he’d work for peace. However privately, he was rightfully furious with the Church for trying to shoot his plane down. King Asmodeus was hellbent on taking out the Church leadership.

With Sebastian Duke once again at the helm, things would be easier to quell. Where Asmodeus was unforgiving and stubborn, the new King is a bit more reserved. Add to that, his penchant for wanting to do right by his son, it likely won’t be difficult to convince him to choose diplomacy over acts of aggression.

Many mourners begin to fill St. Peter’s Basilica. Italian citizens. A few world leaders. Even the Catholic Pope has come back to pay his respects to his mortal enemy. Or at least, to view Asmodeus’ remains to be sure he’s dead. Sebastian Duke, the new King, sits in the throne. Thaddeus beside him. Illuminatus Guard just inches behind both men.

”Pussy Grabber has landed,” James says, leaning toward the ear of Thaddeus Duke.

”Trump came?”

James shakes his head. ”No. That’s your uncles plane. He’s en route to the Vatican as we speak.

“He should be arriving in just a few minutes.”

”Good.

“I have not seen my uncle in quite some time. He always tried to stay out of our conflict as much as he could. I can’t say I blame him.

“Make sure he has a seat up here with us. He’s blood. He’s family whether he likes it or not.”

James snaps his fingers and almost immediately, a chair is brought to the other side of the King’s throne.

The two living Holy Fathers, Benedict the XVI and Francis, both kneel at the casket of the fallen Illuminatus King, offering their prayers. Sebastian Duke’s chest begins to heave, staring at the two Pope’s with fire and hatred. Thaddeus, noticing his fathers agitation places his hand on his father's wrist. The elder Duke eyes his son without turning his head. Thaddeus shakes his head and mouths the words “not now.” A deep sigh is released from the King.

At that moment, the two Pope’s approach the Prince. Both men look toward the new King and bow their heads in respect. The King nods back. ”Prince Thaddeus,” begins Francis. ”You have my sincerest condolences.”

”Thank you, Father. I appreciate that. Deeply I do,” he responds.

”Your grandfather stated publicly that he desired peace between us. To be frank, we never believed it,” Francis concludes, awaiting a response but receiving none. He continues on, ”I realize this is a painful time for you. You are a young man with dreams and aspirations. You have, at least in our eyes, proven yourself to be an absolutely tremendous leader.

“I’d be remiss if I failed to recognize who is really in charge around here. Your father may be King, but when the chips were down and your backs were against the wall, your Illuminatus did not turn to Father Asmodeus or King Sebastian. No my son, they turned to you.

“Your father may make the final decisions, son, but you are the real leader. They love you. They respect you. They have put you on a pedestal. And rightfully so.

“Him,”
Francis points to the King. ”They only fear him.

“These are your formative years. I hope that you’ll recover from your loss and talk your father into true peace. It is necessary for all of us. We recognize our defeat, son. We are ready to end the war and coexist with friendly relations. We fear your father will want more bloodshed and death. I think you and I are on the same page in the thought that there has indeed been enough of that.

“I look forward to future conversations with you son. For now, mourn your loss as any grandson should. When you are ready, we’ll be ready too.”

”Thank you, Father.” Again, the two Holy Father’s nod their head toward the King, and quietly retreat as Theo Pryce enters the Basilica. He walks toward the altar and shakes hands with some of his Illuminatus friends before playfully smacking his nephew in the face and taking a seat next to his half brother.

With the choir falling silent and mourners and those that showed up out of respect in their seats, Thaddeus Duke, the heir to the Illuminatus throne stands and approaches the podium that rests beside his grandfather’s open casket. Thaddeus looks at his grandfather and tears escape his eyes. His hands trembling ever so slightly, he turns his head to look over the immense audience he has. Hundreds upon hundreds of eyeballs staring back at him. He notices Giuseppe, the young Italian man from Christmas Day that was so grateful to him for allowing Catholics into the Basilica to pray. The young Prince shoots he and his family a light smile.

”My grandfather was a powerful man. In some ways, perhaps the most powerful man in the world. He was laughed at and mocked over the years, but he always truly believed that the truth was on his side. As the modern day founder of the Illuminatus, he was truly our guiding light. In times of doubt, he was there with his powerful booming voice to renew our energies. In times of triumph he was there to remind us that our work was not complete. In times of defeat he was there to strengthen our resolve and pick us all right back up.

“He kept as grounded and focused. It was his life’s work that got us to where we are today. Starting with a small house and a few men including my father outside of Boston, it grew and grew and grew to the Compound in Connecticut. To the base beneath Death Valley. To the Chancellery in Berlin. To here at the heart of Catholicism in Vatican City.

“My grandfather...”
he stops as he begins to lose control of himself. Theo Pryce stands up and places a hand on his shoulder and whispers something into his ear. The young Prince nods and his uncle returns to his seat.

After recomposing himself, the young man continues on. ”It is safe to say without Asmodeus, we’d not be here. It is easy to cast judgment upon a man no longer here to defend himself. In a lot of ways we are viewed as cold conquerors with nothing more in mind than to kill, to hurt, to scare our enemies. From the outside looking in it’s probably a fair judgment.”

Thaddeus looks back at his father. The King gives a slight smile, before Thaddeus returns his attention to his audience. ”The now deceased former United States Senator Edward Kennedy said it best, and we adopt his words as our new mantra as we venture forward.

“Senator Kennedy once said: the hope still lives, the cause endures, and the dream shall never die.

“What is our hope? What is our cause? What is our dream?

“Our hope, as we move forward, is to end this centuries old war. For much of this year Europe has seen a bitter war rage on they have not seen since the second world war. Many feared it would be the same type of thing all over again. Our hope is for an end to the war between the Catholic Church and the Illuminatus. Both sides are compassionate and accepting and there is no reason why we can not live among each other in peace.

“Our cause, is simple. Our cause has always been truth and justice. The truth, we believed, then confirmed once we got here, was on our side. What eventually became known as Vatican City was the birthplace of Enlightenment. It is where we were founded. Through centuries of persecution, the Church stole our homeland. We now took it back. And that is justice.

“Make no mistake, I’m not saying any of this to point fingers at the Church for any wrongdoings. I’m merely speaking the truth.

“Our dream. Our dream is our desire to live in peace. Both the Illuminatus and the Catholic Church have been hardened by a very long and agonizing war. So much blood has been spilled. So much death. It is much easier to keep fighting than it is to stop it.

“It is our dream that we can begin to heal old wounds. Begin to work together to ensure peace and harmony among our people. It is possible to think differently, it is possible to believe differently, and still have warmth and acceptance in our hearts.

“None of this is possible without communication. The day will come very soon, where our two sides must come together to begin healing. That is our mission moving forward and I know that my grandfather would want it that way.

“It is in his name that we pray and it is in his name that our hope does indeed still live. It is in his name that our cause will indeed endure long after all of us here today are gone. It is in his name that our dream will live on for this time, and all time,”
Thaddeus nods his head and steps back as his audience applauds him.

He turns to face his fathers scowl. Thaddeus’ uncle stands up and shakes his hand. ”Great speech, kid. You had us all in the palm of your hand.”

His father was not so enthused, ”you really cut me off at the knees, boy,” he states, slightly red faced.

”One day, you won’t be here. One day, that chair you sit in will be mine.”

”Not today.”

”Exactly. Not today. I’ll be damned, father, if I let you destroy everything we’ve worked so hard for, before I ever get the chance to enjoy it.” Thaddeus retreats with James Edwards in toe, leaving his father angrier than ever before.

Thaddeus Duke sits in a large office chair, rocking back and forth with his arms on either arm rest. He taps a remote control against his chin. The voice of Thomas Nixon is coming from his laptop speakers. The word “entitlement” is heard and Thaddeus leans forward with a shit eating grin. ”Entitlement?” he says, looking over his shoulder at his Illuminatus Guard Captain, James Edwards standing behind him. ”Is he for real, Jim?”

”He’s like you. He calls it as he sees it. Even if it isn’t accurate.”

Thaddeus Duke watches further. ”The hell does Hillary Clinton have to do with anything?”

”Isn’t she one of his people?”

”I don’t know. Probably just a rumor.”

The interview with Thomas Nixon concludes and Thaddeus closes his laptop.

”To me, Thomas, you’re confusing entitlement with expectation. No, I do not think I am entitled. I do however, expect myself to win matches and be as successful or even more so than anyone. Let me be perfectly clear that even though I am critical of my father, I do respect where I came from. Had it not been for him, no one would know who the hell Thaddeus Duke is. His success here, opened the door for me to come here and do better than he did.

“See, Thomas, you’re taking my words at face value without really looking into what the hell I mean. When I told Jim Ross that after I beat you on Warfare, and let’s be real, we both know Graves will take the fall, but a loss is a loss, and when I beat you on Warfare I expect to be placed into the Television title match, not because I’m entitled to it, but because by defeating you Thomas Nixon, I’ve earned that right.

“Whether you take the fall or not is a moot point, Mr. Nixon. A loss is a loss and a victory is a victory.

“We really aren’t all that different, Thomas. You fight against the oppression of your people. I fought against the oppression and murder of mine. You’re new here. I’m new here. You’ve earned yourself a couple of wins. So have I. The difference here, is that you have yourself locked into a Television title match at Wild Card Weekend, and I have not.

“Wednesday night, when I’m victorious, it’s easy to see that I also belong in that match on pay per view. Why? Because I’ve earned it by being victorious over you in a match.

“You see how that works? It’s simple math and even simpler logic. I never, not even once, claimed I was entitled to anything. Did you hear me say that I was entitled to be in a title match because Sebastian Duke is my father? Did you hear me say that I was entitled to be in that title match because Theo Pryce is my uncle?

“You did not.

“Mr. Nixon, you’re putting words in my mouth and twisting them to suit your own foolish whims.

“Make no mistake, Mr. Nixon, I’m not here to belittle you. I’m not here to be your enemy but for this one match. Maybe a second match if Vincent Lane gets off his ass and does what’s right. In fact I hold respect for you. It isn’t easy to stand up for what you believe is the right thing. I know, I’ve been there. The media outlets and governments and other entities the world over will brand you as something you’re not simply because… you’re different.

“Believe me, Thomas. I have been there. In fact, this wrestling thing aside, if I can ever aid you in your fight, please meet with me. I have a tremendous air force. I have a well trained military that has already been successful in one war. I’m not opposed to helping someone that needs a little military support. If the need arises, of course.

“You think I’m not focused because I’ve spent a lot of time complaining about Scully.

“Scully is just the tip of the iceberg, Thomas. There’s a plethora of talent in the Xtreme Wrestling Federation. Most of that talent gets cast aside. Look around you. I’m just calling it the way I see it. Scully loses the Universal title last night on Savage. I’m willing to put money on him receiving some other title match at Wild Card Weekend. Dolly Waters and Michael McBride have played hot potato with the titles beneath the Universal and I guarantee you, if one of them loses their gold before Wild Card Weekend, they too, would also be in some other title match.

“Do you follow me here?

“Scully should be moved to the back of the line. McBride and Waters, when they lost their titles, they should have been moved to the back of the line. That’s just how it works. Or at least, how it should work. These people have a monopoly on the title picture in the XWF because it has been allowed to happen. No one else gets a shot because they’re too busy squaring off against one another and swapping titles.

“It’s idiotic.

“As a result, the rest of us fight over the scraps.

“So yes, Thomas Nixon, I’m fighting to end the drought. I’m fighting to break up the title monopoly.

“To correct something else you said, Mr. Nixon, I never demanded a match with Scully. All I did was challenge him to a non-title bout. Which any competitor, much less a reigning champion, should be willing to do. The fact is, Nixon, Scully was afraid to be outclassed and out performed by a damn rookie. And that would have happened. You can take that one to the bank.

“Thomas Nixon says I’m an adult.”

Thaddeus Duke spins the chair around to look at James.

”Jim, am I an adult?”

”No sir.”

”Tell the man my age.”

”17. Until December 25th.”

He spins back around in the chair.

”Am I childish? Maybe. I suppose that’s for you to judge. Not me.

“But I absolutely intend to surpass my father. I intend to surpass everyone. Is that childish? Or is that being goal oriented to be the absolute best in the world? Just because I am young and new, doesn’t mean I have to sit back and wait to be called. If you're not here to be the best, then why be here at all? There isn’t anything I wouldn’t do to rise to the top. You’re right on one thing though, it does take time.

“My friend, I have nothing but time.”

Fade.

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
(11-20-2016), Tommy Gunn (11-20-2016)