Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-03-2024, 04:06 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
The Start of a Movement (Part 2/2) RP 2/3
Thomas Nixon Offline
Saving the Lizards

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

11-06-2016, 12:23 PM

Act III
The afternoon of November 6th, 2016

The scene opens up to reveal a packed arena full of cheering XWF fans, as XWF ring announcer, Tig O’Bitties, stands in the middle of the ring with a microphone in hand. As the cheers fade out, she raises the microphone to introduce a guest for the crowd.

“Please welcome one of the newest XWF superstars to the ring, Thomas Nixon!”

The crowd gives a small, positive reaction because none of these fans know the man being introduced. A moment later, “My Sacrifice” by Creed fills the arena over the PA system.

As Scott Stapp's voice echoes through the arena, Thomas Nixon appears on the stage wearing black trunks and a cape. What stands out to the crowd most is the green lizard insignia on the back of his cape. The vibrant scales glimmer while forming the face of a typical reptilian creature.

Nixon walks down the ramp with a big smile on his face, and he enthusiastically high fives the fans. The crowd reacts mildly, mostly to his energy, but they still aren’t sure what to make of him.

Nixon hops on the apron and climbs up the far turnbuckle. Taking off his cape, he then holds it like a flag and gestures at the insignia to the confusion of the crowd. Thomas hops off the top turnbuckle and sets his cape over the ring post. He gives a smile to Tig O’Bitties, and she hands him the microphone before exiting the ring.

“Everyone in attendance just watched the first time that I, Thomas Nixon, entered an XWF ring, and years from now this moment will be looked back on in the history books!”

The crowd boos Nixon’s arrogance, which surprises Thomas. He immediately begins waving his hand and starts toward the side of the ring, so he can address the crowd more directly.

“Just hear me out for a second. I’m sure you’ve seen a lot of guys waltz out here and try to tell you why they’re the best. They haven’t even wrestled a single match in an XWF ring, but they still insist that they’ll be the next XWF Universal Champion. That’s just fucking ridiculous.”

Nixon shakes his head in disapproval of the typical cocky attitudes held by the wrestlers of XWF. He paces over to another side of the ring to display himself to another section of the crowd.

“Well I’m not going to go on that rant right now. Yeah, I might have some goals, and I’m confident that I can pin any wrestler’s shoulders to the mat for a three count, but that’s not why I’m out here. I want you all understand that I’m different from every other athlete in the back.

When I wrestle, I’m not fighting for myself. No, no, no. I’m fighting for more than me.

I’m fighting for my people!

I’m fighting for the ones that raised me!

The persecuted people that don’t get to live their lives the way they should!”

The crowd cheers, purely because of the passion and the anger in Nixon’s words. The tension in his sentiments is clear, and the crowd can feel what Nixon is feeling.

“I can walk to this ring without being worried that someone in the audience wants me dead just because of how I look, but not everybody in this world gets to feel that way!

And I know you’re thinking, “what kind of person could have raised you that worries about being lynched? You’re a typical white guy.” But I wasn’t raised by my own kind. I know this is going to be hard to understand, but bear with me.”

Nixon takes a deep breath, before he slowly utters the words that define his purpose in life.

“I…

Was raised by…

Lizard People.”

Some laugh, but many of the people in the crowd are simply stunned. “There is no way this guy can be serious.” “Fucking lizard people?” “This dude needs help.” These thoughts, and many similar, rush through the minds of the crowd.

“So when you watch me compete in this very ring, don’t think I’m just another wrestler!

I’m fighting for freedom! I’m fighting to end oppression!

I want to change the world for thousands of my kin!

And only by creating a name for myself can I spread awareness!”

Nixon yells these words, and soon the crowd are cheering after each sentiment. Not because they believe in his cause, but this man is screaming about fucking lizard people. Whether he is sane or not, the passion is unquestionable, and that resonates in the core of the audience.

“And together, I will unite the XWF Fans to help earn and protect the rights of the Lizard People!”

There’s flicker of fire in Nixon’s eyes, as he speaks in a tone that can only be compared to a passionate, energized preacher calling his people to follow God’s word.

“When I wrestle, I don’t only wrestle my opponent. I wrestle the intolerant world we live in, where many refuse to believe that lizards and humans can coexist."

Nixon climbs onto the second rope, leaning his head back and raising the microphone to his mouth.

“And when you cheer for me, your cheers are fueling movement bigger than all of us!

A societal movement that screams to the world that we are ready! Ready for the lizard people and the humans to unite!”

The crowd roars for the man they seem to have deemed an absolute lunatic. Nixon hops off the corner and makes his way back to the middle the ring, calming himself down.

“But before we get ahead of ourselves, I need to talk about my first match less than a week from today. I’m going to stand across this ring from Alexis Riot.”

Nixon pauses, as the crowd pops at the mention of her name.

“Now, I could call her every name and slur in the book or yell about how she is better off in a kitchen then in the ring, but I won’t be doing any of that shit right now. Alexis, you might be a great athlete, and you might be more experienced than I am, but I have something you don’t!

I’m in XFW because I’m fighting for a cause. I have passion for what I’m doing; I’m not just here for myself.

Alexis, you have no reason to get in the ring and fight. You’re a stellar athlete and you talk a lot of shit, but that isn’t going to matter when you’re in the ring with me. I have all the motivation in the world to keep going if you stack the odds against me because I’m thinking about the people I stand for.

What’s driving you to kick out when the referee is about to slap the mat a third time and the wind is knocked out of you?

As an 18 year old, I lost a woman very close to me. She had raised me and educated. But because of her position in our world, she was brutally murdered. My caretaker was not only slain, but her body was defiled.

I live everyday knowing that a women that largely influenced my life was killed because her blood isn’t like yours and mine.”

The crowd quiets, and Nixon briefly hangs his head in reflection. He shakes his head from side to side, and then looks back at the crowd energized with rage.

“So when you knock me on my ass, there’s no fucking doubt that I’m going to get back up! I’m going out to the ring on Saturday Night with a fire under my ass, so I can show every one of you that I’m fighting for something real!

Alexis, you don’t have anything like that to drive you. When you lose, you’re going to dust yourself off and move on with your life.

Whether you believe in me or not, I’m never going to forget what happened to Hodiah.

I can’t lose because I need this win to bring the ignored oppression of the Lizard People to the spotlight.

I’m not going to let lizards, like Hodiah, die anymore. So, Alexis, be fucking ready to get in the ring with a man that will not hold anything back.”

As Thomas Nixon concludes his thoughts, “My Sacrifice” once again fills the arena. The crowd cheers for Nixon significantly more enthused than his initial entrance. Nixon is quick to find his cape with the insignia of the lizard embroidered onto the back. With pride, he gestures at the logo leading to raucous cheers and hollers from the crowd.

He may not have convinced anybody that lizard people exist or are being oppressed, but he made himself stand out as a passionate lunatic. The crowd continues to cheer for Nixon, as the scene fades to black.

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thomas Nixon's post:
Vincent Lane (11-11-2016)