Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-27-2024, 09:32 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Peace Talks: Part 1 - RP 1
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

04-26-2013, 09:18 PM

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 3:35 PM EST

Two days ago I was forced to ponder things I've never had to before. Jonathan called just as I was getting set to start a pep talk with my Brotherhood. I'm not really one to bow down to outside influence, but this was different. He brought up too many valid points for me to not, at the very least, think about them. Just how many of my men did he turn?

It's not really outside the realm of possibility that he was able to convince five, ten, twenty, maybe even fifty of my men that my way - our way - was wrong. I think most of us did start out our lives as Catholics. To be convinced that their way was wrong to begin with was a monumental feat. To later be convinced that their way was, indeed, the 'right' way, I doubt would have been that hard.

We still preach from the same bible. I think the major difference is that Catholicism teaches that Jesus Christ was a divine being. We know better. We teach reality. We teach that Jesus Christ did in fact exist. The rift between the two sides comes when we teach our followers that Christ was not divine, just a wonderful man. Certainly a man to look up to, to hold with high esteem or high regard. He was not the product of an immaculate conception. No, his mother had hot sex with somebody. Just like the rest of us.

Christ is a God in their eyes. In our eyes, God is science. God is the creator of all things. That fact we agree on. It's just that our Gods are different. I think our scenario is much more likely then theirs.

Peace or no peace. That is the question, isn't it? Our plans to capture and eliminate Jonathan have been put on hold for the time being. We're obviously unsure who we can and can not trust at the moment. On thing is for certain. There can not be and peace until two things happen. One, that it is proven unequivocally, that Asmodeus is alive. The other, is his safe return to the Compound.

Once he is returned though, supposing he is in fact alive and well, I still plan to bring that son of a b***h to his knees. I don't know for sure, but I'd expect the same from him. It is a Holy War after all. Jonathan is aware that we hold the secrets. Secrets that if made public, would destroy the very fabric of the Catholic faith throughout the world. These aren't secrets kept in a vault or in a file cabinet in my office. They are hidden somewhere on this planet. Maybe. Who knows? Maybe Neil Armstrong was one of us and buried them on the surface of the moon. Wouldn't that just piss Jonathan off?

Here I am though, sitting in the sanctuary that is my private office. Just thinking and weighing my options just a few hours before my scheduled public meeting with Jonathan. I've intended to sit with Jacob and grieve the loss of Lucas with him but he's given me the cold shoulder. At least as far as Lucas is concerned.

I probably should have expected that. I think maybe when Jonathan brought up the point about me not giving additional security outside these walls, he may have already been considering that in his mind.

Right on cue. I think about Jacob and he pops into my office. This seems to happen often. Like some sort of sixth sense. I could be thinking about Jonathan and he'll call me. I think about Jake and he shows up. Odd. But not odd all at the same time.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "What's up?"

JACOB: "Has he told you the meeting place yet?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Nah. Not yet. I suspect he'll call soon, though."

JACOB: "Have you thought of a prerequisite?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "The only thing that will ensure we can even continue negotiations is Asmodeus. He needs to be freed and back here at the Compound."

JACOB: "If he refuses?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Then the discussion is over. We return here, and we seek out and detain any and all traitors we can possibly find."

JACOB: "Shouldn't we do that anyhow?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "That is the plan, but for now, we wait. I don't want to make any rash decisions."

I'm startled as my phone vibrates alerting me of a text message. When I view the message I receive the information I'd been waiting for.

JACOB: "What is it?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Jonathan. He sent me a text with the meeting place. Tanger Outlets off of Interstate 95 in Westbrook. The food court."

JACOB: "Did he give you a time?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "6:30."

JACOB: "Do you think we should take him out right there?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "I'd love to. We have to proceed with extreme caution though. If Asmodeus is alive and we take out Jonathan on the spot, we risk never finding him. That's not a risk I'm willing to take."

Jacob gets up to leave. He didn't even say bye or anything. That's not like him. I fear that I'm losing him.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Jake. Wait."

JACOB: "I don't have time to talk. I need to coordinate this effort."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "SIT!"

That was much more harsh then even I anticipated. It got him to do it though.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "We need to discuss what Jon said the other day. About me hoarding the security for myself."

JACOB: "It's not really something I want to talk about."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Jake, we're like brothers. We..."

He cut me off. Nobody cuts me off. Ever.

JACOB: "We might be like brothers, Sebastian. Lucas and I were brothers. I hate listening and thinking about anything that man says, but I guarantee you. He had one hell of a point!

"If you hadn't kept all of the outside security to yourself, Lucas would still be here!"

That was what I was afraid of. Jonathan got to him. DAMN!

JACOB: "The way I see it, you are as much responsible for his demise as Jon is!"

Just like that. Conversation over. He stormed out. How in the world can I ever make things right? I can't deny his feelings on this matter. It's the truth. I am just as responsible for his death as Jonathan.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:23 PM EST

It's go time. My convoy has just pulled into the parking lot at the Tanger Outlets and I'm nervous. I'm never nervous. I'm not sure what is making me nervous. I don't think it's Jonathan, because quite literally, I could squash him like a bug. I think my trepidation stems from the apparent rift between myself and Jacob. He has every right to feel the way he does and I have no right to be angry about it. I just hope that time will make the difference. He's hurt and angry right now and he reserves that right.

We march through the corridors of the outlets like an army. A well oiled machine. Except I feel like Caesar. A powerful man surrounded by friends. Friends intending to eliminate me. I brought twenty men with me. I still have no idea who to trust.

As we enter the food court, I spot Jonathan. Sitting by himself looking directly at me. It doesn't look as if his carrying any weapons. That satisfies me, because none of my men are carrying anything either.

Jonathan stands as I near the table and he extends his hand to me. I didn't really expect that so I went ahead and shook it. Then we sat.

JONATHAN: "Shall we begin?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Where's my father?"

JONATHAN: "You don't waste any time, do you?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Not typically."

JONATHAN: "Your father is in a very safe location."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "I need to warn you, you are here alone. Twenty of my men staring right at you. Don't try anything or you will be taken out. Right here."

Jonathan leans back and snaps his fingers. Just like that I feel outnumbered. A quick headcount and now I know why. Twelve of my men now stand behind Jonathan. They stare at me.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Well played."

JONATHAN: "Don't get too comfortable. There are more. These are just the ones that came with you."

Bastard.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "First thing, is before we can reach any form of peace and before we can come to any sort of agreements..."

Things are not right in my universe. He cut me off.

JONATHAN: "You want Asmodeus returned. Yeah, I figured that.

"You have no reason to trust me, but rest assured, at the conclusion of this meeting you'll get your father."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "I can't proceed until then."

Admittedly, I jump a little at Jonathans quick movement. He whipped out his cellphone too fast for my liking. He did however, show me a video on his phone. Somebody was loading a walking, living, breathing Asmodeus into a van. Or at least it looked like Asmodeus.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "I fell for something like this before. Remember? I sure do. I buried a man that looked just like that."

JONATHAN: "The limp doesn't give you enough proof?"

Undoubtedly a good point. People can fake a limp though.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "I saw it. Still though, without seeing his face and talking to him, I have a hard time believing it."

Jonny boy clicks a button on his phone.

JONATHAN: "Move the camera closer. Have him say hello to Duke. Nothing more."

What kind of phone is that? I want a walkie talkie on mine!

He shows me his phone again and it's definitely Asmodeus's face.

ASMODEUS: "Sebastian! They're going to..."

The guys at the van start smacking Asmodeus around and I'm furious. I jump out of my seat and I grab Jonathan by his collar. His men, my men, all move in closer.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "If you hurt him, I'll kill you."

His men push me back into my seat. I stand back up and I point at each and every one of those traitors.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "I'll get each and every one of you, too!"

JONATHAN: "Relax, Duke! He's just a scared old man. They're taking him back to the Compound as we speak."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "This meeting is over! We'll schedule for another time. AFTER, Asmodeus is home!"

I get up to leave and Jonathan hangs his head low and shakes it in disgust. What does he expect, though? We're not exactly on friendly terms. What's left of my men and I start walking away.

JONATHAN: "I'll give you one more chance, Sebastian. After that, the war continues!"

We all ignore him. He acts as if he holds all the cards. He might have turned some of my men against me, but I still have more. I still have Jacob. I still have the trust and loyalty of the vast majority of them. Who the hell does he think he is?

Not more then twenty minutes later, my motorcade was about to reach the gates of my Compound. What was there waiting for us when we did get back, was a complete shock.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sebastian Duke's post:
(04-27-2013)