Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-17-2024, 09:01 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's easier?
IntemporaliterScelestus Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
Monster Heel

(always booed; cheats; hurts people)

04-26-2013, 06:15 PM

Smashing a lock or crafting one?

That's what the 'hero' vs. 'villain' perspective, boils down to.

It's why I think a majority of 'creative' people, lean towards the 'villain.'

Not to say a 'Hero' isn't needed, or needed BY certain people, but as someone who loves 'villains', it's an idea which has popped in my head.

The antagonist devotes his life, blood, sweat and tears into the trappings of the protagonist, which is usually seen as invincible. To tear down that which is unstoppable, is an urge all people feel. To stop the 'good guy winning at the end', simply to have a 'change in tune', is what people yearn for. People yearn for that middle ground, that pgramatic and more accepting fashion in which we all conduct our lives, SOMETIMES, that resounds and hits closest to home.

Why are we the bad guys?

'Cuz the bad guys are underdogs, every time.

And everyone loves an underdog.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Banned

XWF FanBase:
Monster Heel

04-26-2013, 08:11 PM

And on an unrelated sidenote: God damn all the English people for saying the word 'Idear', as in I-dear, instead of oh, the god-forsaken word IDEA. No one it seems, on this continent, or any other, can say this word CORRECTLY!!

I-D-E-A.

4 letters.

Enunciate each in brief fashion.

God damn you all.

I-D-E-A.

The words ends in an, 'Uhh' sounds, god-damnit. Like after you finish with your dick in your hand, you should say, I've got an 'I-D-E-uhhh...." with an ever-so-slight 'a' twist, at the end, like a whisper..

I hope anyone who says it differently, dies a horrible death.
Hate Post Like Post
Banned

XWF FanBase:
Monster Heel

04-26-2013, 08:26 PM

And whilst I'm still on a rambling note, having conversations with those abroad, I finally understand a few things.

"Contrary to popular belief, the government do not fund the BBC. The license fee is collected from us, the public, on behalf of the Beeb by the post office, who retain a small proportion for doing so. The BBC also sells its programmes abroad & to other channels to supplement its funding.
1 year ago"

Answer to the question in a British forum, 'Does the government fund the BBC?"

Americans know that two channels are either supported in full or in part, by the government. PBS/CSPAN.

BBC is a different animal, as I reckon, as an outsider.

It's not government-sanctioned, yet somehow has the power to impose an 'immediate' or near-so tax, on most citizens. It is essentially publically-funded, BY EVERYONE, without their agreed-upon to consent.

I GLEEFULLY ask anyone to correct me in this assumption, 'cuz it's prolly wrong, as an American.

I just love Doctor Who and always research shit... who the f*ck is funding Doctor Who? I know BBC 'sells' it's shwos to thins like the US''s showtime, Canada's 'Showcase' and etc. channels, but beyond that, as I understand... every 'British' person is paying for that TV Conglomerate out of their own pocket... which creates for a beautiful TV network... but is wrong on a moral basis, to my belief - it'd be like being asked (even if I do so through corporate welfare unknowingly), to publically fund NBC - no, thank you, but I respect what it's done.

ON EDIT: In recognition of our younger posters and those new ro the writing world, in as non-condescendingly a way as I can, let me say... I've been there.

Raise a tear, a bear or a 'Sorry 'bout that', when you got corrected on the proper context and spelling of 'two' in contrast to 'too.' Writing is our youngers and we're only better through what we inspire and pass on.

Said as a hopeful youngster.

Brought this up with my father today, playing pool.

He said, 'You're British and Irish, son. You're at constant odds with yourself, deal with it.'
Hate Post Like Post
Banned

XWF FanBase:
Monster Heel

04-26-2013, 09:19 PM

And obviously, I've had a few to drink, but who wouldn't have sex with David Tennant? The man is f*cking gorgeous.
Hate Post Like Post