Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-04-2024, 05:31 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Chambers takes in Rio..
OneInTheChamber Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

08-16-2016, 09:40 PM

August 17, 2016
Rio De Janerio, Brazil
Shortly after midnight

The camera pans across the Rio skyline and slowly begins to zoom in on the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue. The camera pans around to catch a glimpse of the statue with a full moon in the background. At the base of that statue kneeling is Chris Chambers. He looks up at the camera with a smile and begins to speak.

Chris: John, I’m truly glad you decided to speak up before our match. I was slightly concerned at first, but I knew the legend of the XWF wouldn’t let me down. Now here we are, on the eve of what will probably be one of the most exciting matches in XWF history. Who knew when I walked into the XWF that I would be facing you with two wins, one over Jakob Davis, and the other being a submission victory over Robbie Bourbon, which by the way, had never happened until he stepped into the ring with me. You come out still talking about adding stipulations and all this nonsense, we already have our match outlined fella, and you are going to honor every bit of it when I walk out of here still undefeated. Truly, as we go into this event, what an amazing way to start off the night, here in the pinnacle of the world at the moment, the cusp of the end of the Olympics. How amazing is our God, that He would allow the XWF to be here, smack dab in the middle of everything, and all the worlds eyes will be on you and me Madison. And when it’s all said and done, and you finish your grotesque display, you will be helping push me towards my dream of becoming the XWF’s next XTreme Champion.

Chris turns from the statue and begins to walk away. Several fans who are out for late night walks ask Chris for autographs and he obliges. As he stops in his tracks and looks back at the statue, as if it was calling to him. Chris slowly walks back towards the statue and stops at the base and looks up at the sight of Christ holding the entire full moon in his hand. Chris closes his eyes and address the camera again.

[Image: 4900.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f...d03f3fe8c3]

Chris: How amazing is this sight? The fact that Christ truly has it all in His hands, and just as my life is in His hands. Even when I was doubting and afraid, He provides a way for me. So John, you do your worst, because honestly, you aren’t on the same level as me, you may have been in your hay day, but here and now, you are watching the brink of history. You are going to experience first-hand, the beating of a lifetime. And whether it is in a fire truck, a police car, or an ambulance, there is no way that I’m leaving Rio without a victory. Speaking of ambulances, I’ve already taken the luxury of making sure there are plenty on stand by for you pal. I mean if you really need to even ask anyone, call your boy Robbie when you are done playing with Peter and ask him what it is like to face Chris Chambers in the ring. Now I have the utmost respect for you John, and you can go manage or train Peter, you can go chasing after Shane in all your stupor, but tonight when you walk into this arena, when you make the journey down the ramp and into the ring, you will be doing so in vain, because not you, not anyone else in the XWF is going to stop me from achieving what God has called me to do, and that is to pretty much walk through you, and keep walking until I stand toe to toe with Unknown Soldier, or whoever the X-Treme Champion is at that point, and let them taste One in the Chamber or even a little bit of the High Life, and then be crowned the NEW and STILL UNDEFEATED, Chris Chambers.

Chris looks up at the Christ statue and falls to his knees. Chris clasps his hands and earnestly begins to pray out loud as a few people begin to look on in wonderment.

Chris: Oh might Redeemer, thank you for being faithful to your servant. Thank you for fulfilling your promises to me as I keep pushing forward on this journey you have called me to. Father, give everyone here a hedge of protection and lay a sense of peace among every soul that is here uneasy not knowing what they face tomorrow. Father, please be with John Madison, prepare his mind and body for the brutal assault he faces when he steps into the ring with me tomorrow. Father, continue to pour out your blessings on me and the world, and continue to allow me to be the light for all the XWF. Lord, I know I slip up, and my actions don’t match my heart sometimes, but Father, you know where I am, and you know my hearts desires. Father continue to work within me and build and mold me so that I can not only be a champion for you, but a champion for all the world and the XWF. Thank you father. Amen!

Chris stands up and dusts off his knees. As he turns, he sees that he had started a small revival at the statue, several other people were in tears, some were on their faces crying out to God, some were just holding their hands up to the sky praising God. Chris smiles as he walks off to the side and starts his trek down the mountain towards his hotel.

About an hour later

Chris has made his way to the small hovel of a hotel. He throws his phone on the bar, and pulls the shirt over his head and stops to look in the mirror at the bruises he received from his match with Robbie Bourbon. Chris stops again and takes a deep breath before he speaks.

Chris: I really can’t get over the fact that I survived that match with Robbie. Don’t get me wrong, I trusted that God would provide a way for me to be victorious, but looking back at that replay, Robbie took me to hell and back and for me to be standing here, getting ready to face the second most dangerous man in all the XWF history, truly that can’t be anything but God. No earthly right minded human would be willing to put their selves on the line like this, but I know what God has called and ordained me to do, and who am I to tell God no? So James, you better be preparing because I don’t want you to just show up so I can beat you, I want you to bring it all, so when it is said and done, there are no excuses. Now, if you will excuse me, I’m going to hit the showers…….

[Image: Kkh7Bus.jpg]

Chris smirks as he walks away from the camera and closes the bathroom door. The camera fades to black.

some text
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes OneInTheChamber's post:
Vincent Lane (08-17-2016)