Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-05-2024, 08:48 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Beat The Shield
Shocker Offline
Your Favorite A**hole

XWF FanBase:
Classic Heel

(usually booed; often plays dirty)

04-23-2013, 07:19 AM

I know not everyone actively watches WWE Raw or even wrestling in general. Regardless, I do watch Raw on and off again...at least since the "Summer of Punk" but I feel a change coming soon to where I'll stop watching again. Anyways, I have been intrigued by The Shield and the surprisingly positive booking for them. Yet, as we all know, every roll has to come to an end. I mean, even thought its not at Wrestlemania, Undertaker ended his technical winning streak on Raw when he lost. (I know that bryan was pinned) Here is my question to you all. When it happens, because it will sooner or later, who or whom will finally beat the Shield? My money is on one of two things. One is they start going for all the titles, like Evolution, then has individual loses. Then get their first team loss at WrestleMania XXX against Punk and Lesner. Or we see one of the Shield turn and the forever remain undefeated as a three man team.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Mr. Rockwell Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Classic Heel

(usually booed; often plays dirty)

04-24-2013, 05:34 AM

I think they will be defeated or split up long before wrestlemania but I like your idea of them going after all the titles. Personally I have no idea what is going on with the booking. They have a lot of great talent and characters (Rhodes, Ziggler, Sandow, Cesaro, Bryan just to name a few) but it seems that Punk and The Shield are the only two entities keeping them above water. Triple H/Lesnar has grown stale and the Cena/Ryback fued would only stay interesting if they keep Ryback a tweener instead of full heel. Kevin Nash put it best when he said something to the extent of the writing should be focused on character development. My belief is if they stray away from creating full heel or full face characters and actually develop the persona than it would be much easier to write interesting fueds. Much like they did in the attitude era and in the original ECW. Of course, that would probably mean little kids wouldn't know who's the good guy or bad guy. God forbid.
Ok, I'll get off my soap box now haha.

[Image: picture1ms.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Mr. Rockwell's post:
CM Punk (05-03-2013), Shocker (04-24-2013)
KnightMask Offline
One half of Crimson Knights

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

04-28-2013, 05:17 PM

I don't know, but I don't really want anyone to beat them...other than maybe Undertaker and Team Hell No.

I'd rather see a legitimate team defeat them than just an allegiance of superstars.

One interesting thing is...that, in an age of burying the tag division and making it look weak...

...The Shield, a three-person group, is totally over.

And I must say, they are one of the best things about WWE.

[Image: index.php?ftpserver=localhost&ftpserverp...oMaker.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-28-2013, 06:05 PM

I hope they don't split any time soon. It feels like they just got started. At least have ride ride on through the next WM. I would actually add some members to make it a stronger group.
Hate Post Like Post
KnightMask Offline
One half of Crimson Knights

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

04-28-2013, 08:49 PM

The only thing is that they are building up the "three man team" aspect so heavily, with the Outsiders and Freebirds allusions.

For that reason, I wouldn't like to see them add members. Or if they did add members, make the overall group name different than "The Shield", which would just refer to that core three.

[Image: index.php?ftpserver=localhost&ftpserverp...oMaker.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
horza13

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-01-2013, 03:14 AM

3MB :|

Kidding. I doubt their getting their streak as a team broken any time soon. WWE has been good at putting the 3 guys over especially against teams that were made up of all-stars. I think the only way their gonna lose is against another team that was built to be a team. Cause it's been made clear that you can team up 3 excellent wrestlers as individuals but fail when trying to compete in an environment as a team against the shield.
IntemporaliterScelestus Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
Monster Heel

(always booed; cheats; hurts people)

05-02-2013, 04:10 PM

The Gun.
Hate Post Like Post
Donnie Damage Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-03-2013, 11:27 AM

Before they consider putting anyone over the Shield they need to build up some new stars to provide legit competition. I mean, the Shield have received a stronger push than any new WWE act in years; it would be a total waste to have them squashed by a predictable combo of Cena, Orton et al. Those guys are sufficiently over that they don't need to beat the Shield; their star auras would remain intact whether they won or lost. Unless Cena were to turn heel... but we all know that will never happen.

But if a rival group of new young wrestlers were to rise from the ranks of NXT and topple the Shield... well, they'd be stars overnight. Kassius Ohno, Adrian Neville and maybe a more experienced full time roster member as the mouthpiece?

photo blue.png
Hate Post Like Post
Golden Hawk

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-26-2013, 04:23 AM

John Will Eventually Beat The Shield Like He Did The Nexus
Hunter Payne Offline
RIP Ray Peterson

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-06-2013, 12:54 AM

Remember when CM Punk was on fire, yet Triple H beat him? Yeah that same thing will happen with the shield, Triple H and I'm guessing the new age outlaws will do something wrestlers half their age couldn't do and beat the shield.
Hate Post Like Post
Adam Rollins

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-11-2013, 05:00 PM

I can see Daniel Bryan being a member of the team that does it because of the storyline that's going on of him trying to prove he is not the weak link.
Hate Post Like Post
Lightning Offline

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

06-13-2013, 10:34 PM

I don't see them losing as a three member team, but losing as a tag team and in singles competition.

[Image: 11038946450a12998492046l.jpg]
When there is a storm...Lightning strikes!
Hate Post Like Post
Swift Ion Offline
Plagiarism

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

06-13-2013, 10:51 PM

Orton, Daniel Bryan, and Kane will defeat The Shield, this Friday.

[Image: Bleacher-Report_logo.jpg]
[Image: ap19.PNG]]

Finisher: Copy and paste!
Hate Post Like Post
Slickster Offline
Back for More

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

06-15-2013, 06:08 PM

You know, if SmackDown was recorded on Friday, you'd be very lucky and smart. You are somewhat smart I suppose because there is this thing called "SmackDown Spoilers"

[Image: showthread.php?tid=2329&pid=8874#pid8874]
Hate Post Like Post
Swift Ion Offline
Plagiarism

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

06-15-2013, 08:27 PM

Ik, about the spoilers, that's why I said it.

[Image: Bleacher-Report_logo.jpg]
[Image: ap19.PNG]]

Finisher: Copy and paste!
Hate Post Like Post
Adam Rollins

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-03-2013, 01:55 PM

Christian and the Usos also have beated the shield clean in a match.
Hate Post Like Post
ChrisLegend Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-03-2013, 03:46 PM

The Wyatt family

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdIIfBnJTvQ47xKSm3YAD...mGq_vTgTGe]
[/php]
"Legends Never Die" Pin
Hate Post Like Post
MattWard Offline

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

07-04-2013, 08:52 PM

I think the uso's are going to have a good run with Reigns and Rollins for the tag team titles with the Uso's going over, which will lead up to them fueding with the Wyatt family, then we could see a TLC tag team match between Wyatt Family, Rollins and Reigns, and Usos and maybe International Airstrike once Tyson comes back.

[Image: MWXWF.png]
Hate Post Like Post