Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-20-2024, 05:20 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Ghost Of The Burning Fire
Great Buzzard Eli James IV Offline
Speaker of Truth

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-31-2016, 10:12 AM

IT WAS BY THE TREE; an old wooden cross barely stood in the ground leaning to the right. Nails were still in the wood with dried up blood like someone had been sacrificed there before. You could tell it's been years before anyone had messed with it. The tree and the cross were all alone for miles, except surrounded by tall grass.

Several miles in every direction began a wall of trees as far as the eye could see. Through out the first hundred yards appeared to be barbwire stopping anyone trying to make their way to the empty space. If an eye would look closely, several traps stood on the ground every two feet in case someone wanted to snip the barbwire. It was a deadly place to go that didn't look deadly at all.

Two years ago, an explorer found the area and couldn't help but become obsessed knowing what's beyond the traps. After countless attempts at trying to see, he kept running into traps and never made it beyond twenty feet.

The man was calling it quits and felt like he had wasted two years of his life trying to study the area, and beat this mystery. He took himself to a bar and tried to drink his obsession away. Of course, the thing about a drunk man is they often reveal their life to whoever is listening.

He threw back one last shot and decided it was time to go home. Before he could leave, a person walked up and said, "Why not fly a helicopter and lower yourself."

The next morning, the man did just that and followed the advice. He had hired a service to fly a helicopter over and lowered him to the barren area. It flew off and would return in a few hours to pick him back up; this gave him time to explore.

After a little exploring, he found the lonesome tree with the leaning cross. He thought to himself, "Why would someone go to great lengths to keep anyone away from this?"

The man did everything he could to unlock the mystery. The helicopter returned, only for the man to wave them off and inform them he would stay the night. He was too close to give up and knew something had to be special about the tree and cross.

Late in the evening, as the man was sound a sleep, he woke up startled. He heard a noise of a man striking a match. He saw the shadow -- thanks to the match -- of a figure sitting in a chair. He wasn't sure what to do or how to react. The first thought that came across his mind was, "Maybe this guy owns this property and I'm trespassing."

He slowly turned to the person smoking, and couldn't make out a face. It was just a man in a rocking chair, smoking a pipe.

"I'm sorry if this is your property and I'm trespassing. I didn't see any signs or any indication that it was private."

"Beautiful night, isn't it?"

"Is this your property?"

"I heard someone was trying to get here. Not many even think about flying over. What were you planning on seeing or discovering out here?"

"I'm not really sure. I'm sorry if I'm on your property. I'll be more than happy to leave."

"Thank you kindly."

"But I have to ask, why protect one tree and a cross? I've looked at them all day and I just can't figure it out."

The man in the chair leaned forward.

"Now if I told you, I'd have to kill you."

A short pause between both men.

"Hehehe. Easy man, I'm just pullin' your leg."

"Whew, thank goodness. So what is the big deal about the tree and cross?"

"Do you believe in ghosts?"

"Not really."

"What a shame. Sometimes you have to believe in order to understand. If I told ya this place was for alien spacecraft landing, and you didn't believe in that sort of thing you'd leave upset. You'd call me crazy. But then I'd call you crazy because, after all, you're the one who spent years trying to figure out how to get here. So which story would you gravitate towards? Aliens or spending your own time trying to simply see."

"Is that what this is? A place where aliens land? Are you an alien? Hahaha."

"Heh. Alien, no. But a ghost... you didn't ask. The truth is that you've spent time searching in hopes of discovering something of value. Maybe you have, and maybe you haven't. If I didn't show up, you'd leave thinking it's a tree and a cross. It's more than that. Consider me the ghost of your Christmas experience here in the month of May. I can reveal what they are and why it's so protective. I just need to ask you one question and your response will determine if you're ready to know. If you don't answer right, then you'll be free to go on with your life thinking you just saw a damn tree and cross talking to a crazy man. Do ya wanna know the question?"

"Yea. What is it?"

"Do you believe in ghosts?"

"....... Yes."

"Heh. Just like that you change your entire view from no to yes?"

"Like you said, either I'm crazy or you are. You and I know how I got here. You and I know how long I've tried to get here. It seems you're the mystery and maybe you are a ghost."

"Thank you. Thank you for freeing me."

"What do you me---"

He stood up quick and knocked the man over the head with a hammer. After about thirty minutes of being unconscious, the man wakes with his hands and legs tied to the cross with rope.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!? LET ME GO YOU SON-OF-A-BITCH!"

The man covered his mouth with duct tape to keep him quiet.

"I'm doing us a favor, man. You've set me free. You came all this way and have come to faith in believing in me. The world is ready once again to hear the truth. All I needed was one person to accept the truth and believe. You...... You are that man. This world owes you a debt of gratitude."

The person throws a match at the bottom of the cross...

"I'm doing us a favor, man. You've set me free. You came all this way and have come to faith in believing in me. The world is ready once again to hear the truth. All I needed was one person to accept the truth and believe. You...... You are that man. This world owes you a debt of gratitude.

XWF .... I've Returned... see ya soon."

[Image: N1KpZEA.jpg]

1x Universal Champion
1x Undefeated Trio Champion (1/3)
1x Undefeated Tag Team Champion
1x Undefeated European Champion
2x Undefeated UFO/FTW (Ark of the Covenant) Champion
1x United States Champion
2013 July Star of the Month
The One Who Ended & The Administrator
Former Owner of the XWF
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Great Buzzard Eli James IV's post:
Jebidiah James (06-02-2016), LJ Havok (06-01-2016), Ophelia (06-06-2016), Vincent Lane (06-01-2016)