Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-13-2024, 02:12 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! Frodo: 24/7 Rule.
Ophelia Offline
The Truth

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

03-07-2016, 07:25 PM

(03-06-2016, 06:33 PM)4 x Better Luca Arzegotti Said: Austin Fernando is asleep on the sidewalk because just go with it, when all of a sudden a very small kitten climbs atop of him and falls asleep on his chest, technically pinning him.

Luca, who always seems to turn up whenever there's a cat pinning someone, decides that as a certified referee, he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't count the pin for this tiny cat.

(03-05-2016, 07:10 PM)Kaos Mckee Said: Kaos had always respected Fernando's ability. However, times change and Mckee felt that he needed the title.
After hunting down Fernando he hits him with a cane to the skull and hooks the leg for the pin.

(02-29-2016, 03:31 PM)"Mr FN Dominance Said: While Austin is too busy chuckling at Trax verbally owning LeStrange as usual, Trax turns to Austin and gives him a quick Trap Silencer and goes for a crafty pin attempt! Trax looks at the camera.

What? Come on... you really think I was standing around here just to waste my time clowning that clown? Nope.

The ref counts the pin!

1!

2!

And finally, my other attempt;

(03-03-2016, 12:56 AM)Ophelia McVeigh Said:

Ophelia McVeigh appears.

[Image: eminem-1920x1200.jpeg]

....and.....

...here....

....we

go....

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mf6e82807f7c8603d2f8c971cb6b6c...=300&h=300]

"Look... if you had... one shot... or one opportunity... to kick a spic in the ass and take his strap... would you capture that ten pounds of gold... or just let it slip?"

Ophelia begins rapping on the corner of Jabronie Drive and HollyRock Boulevard before Drunk Ass Austin Stevens comes by and tosses a nickel into the goth's cap and walks off. Alfredo Escobar Alejandro Ricardo Montebaun Del Rio Guerrero Mysterio Juventud Fernando La Parka Payne the 3rd or whatever comes by and starts beating the crap out of Ophelia before dropping a bag of quarters right on top of Ophelia's bloody and bruised head.

Suddenly, Austin Stevens returns, sharing a beer with Fernando, who says he only drinks tequila, to which Austin responds with a--

JR: STUNNER STUNNER BAH GAWD ON A BISQUIK ITS THE FANTASMAH-GLORIOUS STUNNER!!

Fernando falls to the ground like the sack of quarters he'd just beat the holy living shit out of Ophelia with. Austin then reveals a ref's shirt, rolls Ophelia on top of Fernando, and begins to count the pin---

OH MY GOD IT'S THAT CRAZY GOTH CHICK OPHELIA'S BEEN TOTIN' AROUND THESE HERE PARTS!!! The unnamed goth chick pulls Austin Stevens off and then jacks him off and then Jack Hoff comes by and flips him off and then Austin Stevens walks off and then the goth chick knocks all that crazy mumbo jumbo off and return to sector z alpha originative state now./

Ophelia pins Fernando all goth-like and the chick counts the fall;

A little over 2...

A little under 3...

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME BUT NOT LITERALLY to be continued by Fernando most likely in seven minutes

|you can be anything ya set ya mind to, man|

So, precisely what seperates those attempts from my latest? Why can I suddenly not use the champ in posts that are meant to focus on the challenger attacking the champion and then pinning them? I really don't get it. Maybe you can clue me in?

[Image: ophelia2_zpstx1ql308.png]

The Truth will set you free.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-07-2016, 07:36 PM

He kicked out of it, it wasn't invalidated.

You really ought to just stop putting autoplays into these things, though. It just gets you into trouble all the time, but for whatever reason you keep doing it. I don't think you are intentionally trying to piss anyone off, but you obviously are.

1. Don't use autoplay.
2. Don't describe action or words OF CHARACTERS OTHER THAN YOUR OWN in your attempts.
3. Make sure there isn't already a pre-existing attempt in progress.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vincent Lane's post:
Bhane Farver (03-08-2016)
Ophelia Offline
The Truth

XWF FanBase:

03-07-2016, 07:42 PM

I don't use others characters except in 24/7 posts, where everyone does that. Hell, Mini-Morbid sexually assaulted Ginger in one of his, so I really don't see the problem. I seriously apreciate what you have to say Vince, but I don't know why the Xtreme title issue IS an issue, when I'm just another person that attacked and pinned. Now, I did use Austin further than others would, but I sincerely didn't know that wasn't allowed and I still don't know why Frodo took umbrage to it when the other threads are just fine,..

...though. I don't want to lose what I could do. So I'll shut up about it. Thank you for the post...I'll drop it. Peace.

EDIT: Though, Austin didn't kick out, Frodo invalidated it before Fern could respond... so there's that.

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-07-2016, 07:44 PM

Read what I wrote again.

Don't describe the words and actions of the other character.

As in, you can write "Ophelia attacks Fernando"

But you CAN'T write "Austin hits Ophelia back with a glass bottle"

Do you understand how that's different? Mini Morbid described HIS actions, he didn't describe Ginger's.

Hate Post Like Post
Tommy Gunn (03-08-2016)
Frodo mother fucking Smackins Offline
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:

03-07-2016, 07:45 PM

Basically, what Lane said.

[Image: ZXX7HJw.png?1]

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-07-2016, 07:48 PM

(03-07-2016, 07:42 PM)Ophelia McVeigh Said: EDIT: Though, Austin didn't kick out, Frodo invalidated it before Fern could respond... so there's that.

No he didn't. I checked. He invalidated the one that you wrote dialogue for Austin in, and another that had autoplay and was taking place while Luca's was still active.

Go back and look at it. Austin kicked out like ten minutes after you posted.

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-07-2016, 07:50 PM

Actually, after going back and looking again, I don't think Luca's was still active, so I guess it really was just the autoplay. You'd have to ask him, though.

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-07-2016, 08:06 PM

(03-07-2016, 08:04 PM)Austin Fernando Said: Using my character the way he has isn't really allowed. If it was, anyone could make the champ look line an absolute and do things they wouldn't regularly do.

So that's my view on why it's invalid.

Yeah I don't disagree with the reasoning of not allowing the original that had all the dialogue. The second one I didn't see anything that was egregious, but I didn't do a scholarly review of it or anything.

Tiny things like "Austin says he only likes tequila" are a bit of a grey area, I think. Sometimes it seems dumb to write a pin as if the target is just standing there not reacting at all, but I can see not wanting there to be anything significant.

Hate Post Like Post
Ophelia (03-08-2016)
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-07-2016, 08:51 PM

Isn't that what Fernando always does? I assumed he was gay, I dunno, I've never read your stuff.

Tongue

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-07-2016, 09:06 PM

You mean Lome. Lome's the .

And Duke.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
Bhane Farver (03-08-2016), Unknown Soldier (03-08-2016)
Ophelia Offline
The Truth

XWF FanBase:

03-08-2016, 12:31 AM

Well, he didn't know he was a guy, or trans or what have you, which was the point. It shocked him, leading to the attack and pin. Honestly, I thought Austin would like it, as, other than the ending I suppose, it was stuff that got him over in a way. I'm wondering if you're still willing to face me, cuz I really hope I didn't upset you too much. Sad

And I'd think it'd be BETTER if Ginger did fight back, or if anyone involved with the pin fought back, as it shows that they're not gonna just take it. If memory serves, there have been a few pins like that, where the champ at least put up a bit of a struggle, such as slipping out for a bit only to be attacked and pinned. But my memory sucks. >.<

Hate Post Like Post
Tommy Gunn Offline
Director of XWF Security

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-08-2016, 04:32 AM

(03-08-2016, 12:31 AM)Ophelia McVeigh Said: Well, he didn't know he was a guy, or trans or what have you, which was the point. It shocked him, leading to the attack and pin. Honestly, I thought Austin would like it, as, other than the ending I suppose, it was stuff that got him over in a way. I'm wondering if you're still willing to face me, cuz I really hope I didn't upset you too much. Sad

And I'd think it'd be BETTER if Ginger did fight back, or if anyone involved with the pin fought back, as it shows that they're not gonna just take it. If memory serves, there have been a few pins like that, where the champ at least put up a bit of a struggle, such as slipping out for a bit only to be attacked and pinned. But my memory sucks. >.<

It shouldn't matter if it was a dude, a chick or a god damn horse because it never should have happened.

What don't you understand about that?

You can write about what your character says and does until you're blue in the face but you can not write actions or dialogue for a character you do not handle. It's really that simple and it's a concept everyone else seems to understand.

If you want to write something like "Rayne hits Fernando on the side of the head with bedazzled oversided dildo and Fernando falls to the ground allowing Rayne to go for a pin." That sort of thing is fine but beyond that it's not allowed. And that's not a new rule or a new interpretation of an old rule, it's just a rule you seem to struggle with for some reason and I don't get why.

No one is trying to pick on you, it might seem like that from your perspective but from other people's perspective, you keep breaking the rules. Like Lane said, I don't think it's intentional, though the autoplay thing seems to be but as far as your handling of 24/7 stuff, I think that comes from a lack of understanding of how the X title and Federweight titles are to be handled.

As for your second point, if the champ or the person being pinned wants to fight back and get in a shot or two they can do so in the kickout. That is their opportunity to do so. Let me repeat that, it's their opportunity to do so. Not yours.

Do you understand the difference now?

[Image: PFcRGRj.png]

Record: 8 - 2
1 x RTX Champion
1 x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
1 x Federweight Champion

Hate Post Like Post
Ophelia Offline
The Truth

XWF FanBase:

03-08-2016, 05:41 AM

I understand I don't intentionaly try to bother people with autoplay. But whatever. Peace.

Hate Post Like Post
Tommy Gunn Offline
Director of XWF Security

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-08-2016, 05:45 AM

I'm not saying you are intentionally trying to bother people with autoplay, and I get why you do it, it helps set the tone for what you are writing, I get it. But you are intentionally ignoring the rule that I know has been made clear to you.

Autoplays on Roleplays? Cool.

Autoplays on the 24/7 Interaction boards? Cool.

Autoplays anywhere else? Not cool. Feel free to put the video in there, just make it clickable and everything's kosher.

[Image: PFcRGRj.png]

Record: 8 - 2
1 x RTX Champion
1 x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
1 x Federweight Champion

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tommy Gunn's post:
Ophelia (03-08-2016)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-08-2016, 06:49 AM

This is Gladiator's department now so I won't really say much on the subject after today, other than that we all need to be a little more cautious about HOW we write the opponent in attacks JUST LIKE in segments.

Let's say you want to write up a segment for a show that involves you going and tracking down Tommy Gunn in his locker room. Now, obviously it would make perfect sense for you to write out the minor details about knocking on the door and him coming to answer it. You could even fill in some brief narrative that explains to us how Gunn seems to not be amused, or has a stern look on his face. You could then go on to say whatever you wanted to say and fill in SOME reaction within reason, but don't choose to have him speak if the segment is something you wrote on your own without getting his input on first. You CAN make it like he was ABOUT to say something but then he gets kicked in the dick first, though. After kicking him in the dick, you could then use common sense and mention how he gets pissed off/freaks out/goes nuts/whatever... because the point is, you're saying he retaliated... which makes PERFECT sense for him to do.

A lot of the pros over the years have made sure to include some retaliation from their victim in segments (and 24/7 pins), and going back in time I remember we used to encourage that sort of thing a lot more than seems to happen now. Sending in an attack that looks more like a back and forth brawl and sets up a lot of potential for the future IS BETTER than a random attack where you destroy somebody and make them look like shit. As long as you didn't take "creative control" of their character. That's the key here.

Long story short. The rule is the same everywhere. Segments, attacks, 24/7 pins... use discretion when filling in what the other person is doing.

I have a feeling your pin went to hell because there were multiple issues seen with it. The autoplay, the LACK OF A PIN in the first place, and then the way you wrote Gunn. The autoplay thing can be annoying and you probably should avoid them in pins, but it alone does not invalidate the pin. The LACK of a pin, does. That part IS written right in the rules for the 24/7 pin boards.

As far as having Gunn stand by while being talked shit to before the attack furthered, that's fine. As far as doing things like kissing people or other playful (non brutal) things you expect them to stand by for, that starts getting a little weird. Maybe Gunn can copy and paste the exact phrasing he took issue with though, I'm hoping. In this thread and the other thread on this, I must have missed where the exact point of concern is. I don't like having to speculate which action offended a person.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Ophelia Offline
The Truth

XWF FanBase:

03-08-2016, 09:09 AM

Well, I took out the lines I had Fernando speak and re-posted it, but it was voided again due to it having Austin doing too many actions before he was finallu pinned. He wined and dined a girl, nothing out of the ordinary, till they got back to Austin's hotel room, where he found out she was trans, and was raYne's former tag partner haYle, but he got pissed off about it, just like Tommy did when Ophelia kissed him on the nose. As for the lack of a pin, I just wasn't thinkng, so that I apologize totally for. And finally;

Quote:Ophelia kisses Tommy right on the nose, and the guy goes ballistic. He swings, but Ophelia ducks under... Tommy turns around right into a steel pan shot from Ophelia's friend, Alice. Tommy drops, Ophelia goes for the cover, and a ref comes by to count the fall as Alice cheers her 'big brother' on... 1... 2.......

He just didn't like the fact that I used his character at all. But we're cool now, so it's ok. Sorry for causing the commotion. >_<

Hate Post Like Post