Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-28-2024, 08:41 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » News, Rumors, Hype, etc...
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a Single Meme was Given
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

03-02-2016, 01:10 PM

Corrugated steel walls. A cheap build-it-yourself shed in the back yard of a modest house in a modest neighborhood in St Louis Missouri. This is Travis' childhood home. This, and the basement of the house is where he literally learned the ropes. The basement has that locker room smell that laughs in the face of even the deepest cleaning. The floor is covered wall to wall in thin wrestling mats, the same mats that were put in 15 years ago. They tell stories of early morning anguish and late night torture. Under the sterile cold fluorescent lights the room can occasionally look like the floor of a operating room, or a crime scene.

That's why, when the weather is nice (as it is today) Travis would rather spend his time here. In the small shed with an old boxing ring. The ring is stiff, but it's softer than a quarter inch of padding over concrete. The smell is much the same but you can open a fucking door. It's also not a subterranean hell hole.

So there's that.

Travis leans in a corner catching his breath. He's in workout gear for practical reasons, not fashion. His forearms rest on the top rope his head between them, his forehead on the top turnbuckle.

“You wanna know something funny? I didn't even know this place had a fallen angel and a circus freak when I said that. But I've been doing this for a long time and I know the stereotypes. 1000 year old angels, hollywood pretty boys, big funny guys, little dangerous men, magic clowns...

actually, that one is new to me.

I know just the same, that I'm not all that special at first glance. No nonsense technician, third generation wrestler, abusive father. Although I do think being from a long line of losers is a unique touch. My point is that even as a stereotype.

I'm a much less stupid stereotype.

You won't need a twitter to English dictionary to understand me because I'm a grown ass man. You won't need to learn what a 'nilla' is or have the cringe at me saying fuck boy, you won't have to watch me go through wacky antics! because none of that shit is wrestling. None of that bullshit is why we fell in love with this. We didn't watch for Doink, we watched for The Hitman.

You won't need a thesaurus or a map of middle earth to understand my intentions because they are simple.

Win.

At any cost.

Over any opponent, regardless of how asinine their weekly drivel is.”

FADE
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Travis McCoy's post:
Maverick (03-02-2016)