Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-28-2024, 04:48 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » News, Rumors, Hype, etc...
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Sleep, Perchance To Dream
Roxy Cotton Offline
Head of XWF Shooting Star Division
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-02-2015, 08:02 PM Heart  To Sleep, Perchance To Dream -->

I’ve been counting the beeps of his heart monitor for more hours than I’ve kept track of. I’m not even sure how long it’s been since I left his side.

The puff and hiss of the breathing machine which raises his chest and makes it look like he’s just sleeping instead of in some faraway place not many have ever come back from serve as a sort of chorus to the beeping monitor. The timing is off, though. Just enough that it messes with the count.

Hiss.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Hiss.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Hiss.

My man. The megastar the world sees every day as “Loverboy” Vinnie Lane but that I just see as Vinnie. His entire life is the highest highs and the lowest lows with no in between… and the past few weeks have been low.

His dreams were dashed at Bad Medicine. He tried to hide it, but I knew it broke his heart. Every day leading up to that match with Doc D’Ville he was walking on air; he believed he was about to fulfill some grand, lifelong destiny that night.

He thought he couldn’t lose.

I watched him transform in that cage. He was the cocky, world-beating champion at the opening bell. He was incredible. He was inspirational. He was LOVERBOY.

But at the end… after he gave absolutely everything he had, more than he’d ever given in any other match in his career… he fell short. He wasn’t good enough. And I saw the spirit drain from him like the blood flowing from his open wounds.

In the end, when the final bell rang, he was just Vinnie.

He wouldn’t talk about it, but he was devastated. He pretended nothing was wrong. He went into the next match against Ginger Snaps like an empty shell. His body moved, but his soul was gone. That title that had meant so much to him for so long, he watched it slip away and he didn’t even care.

The love was gone from Loverboy.

He wasn’t ready to be in the ring again. He won’t ever admit it, but he was hurt. When Thunderbolt X, the fucking moron, hit him and knocked him headfirst into the corner turnbuckles, it was just the final straw. A fly landing on a house of cards. And now he sleeps.

I tried everything. I even waited until the coast was clear and stuck my head under his sheets, putting his limp cock in my mouth and sucking him for all I was worth, hoping it would open his eyes. Nothing happened.

Today it hit me – Relentless.

Relentless in 2014 was what cemented Vinnie Lane as a megastar. It’s what got him noticed, what got him championships and opportunities. Relentless 2015 is going to do it all over again, he just doesn’t know it yet.

There’s only one way to get my Vinnie back, and that’s to bring Loverboy back to life.

“Vinnie…”

I lean over him, holding my breath so as to hear even the slightest sound he might make. Nothing comes.

“Vinnie… you’re going to be alright. You’re going to be a megastar again.”

Nothing but the mechanical heartbeat. The robotic breathing.

“Loverboy is coming back. At Relentless.”

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Hiss.

[Image: pdAMRjn.png]
Hey there daddy...

Roxy's Backstage Pass?
Edit Hate Post Like Post