Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-04-2024, 01:27 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Anarchy Special" RP Board
New Worlds - RP1
EthanBird Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

06-17-2015, 10:32 AM

6 YEARS AGO

Central Park, I love this place. It’s my escape from this concrete jungle, always has been. I sit on the same bench, stare at the same pond every time I’m troubled. Somehow, miraculously, it soothes my soul. That’s where I’m headed today.

I pull my black 2007 BMW M3 up to the valet at the Pierre. The Pierre is a hotel right across the street from central park, I know the valet guy here, we grew up together. Colin was my best friend growing up, today he’s my only connection to the old neighbourhood. I wasn’t always blessed to live in a penthouse in Upper West Manhattan. I was raised in the Bronx, a working class neighbourhood. I lived there with my Mother and Father. My Father was just starting out on his own, entering the world of finance, my Mother had an in home daycare. She would watch some of the neighbourhood kids, the pay was terrible, but to her it was all about the kids and helping the community. New York is an expensive place to live and a reasonably priced daycare was a big help to the neighbourhood.

“What’s up Ethan?” Colin asks quickly

“Not much Colin.” I reply avoiding eye contact

“Talkative Today I see. Heading to the park again?” he asks

“Yeah”

I stepped out of the car as Colin stepped in, he moved the car off to the side, an area I would be able to retrieve it from without having to wait. Colin knew me well, even though we weren’t as close as we used to be, he knew when to give me space. Today was one of those days.

“Back in 10” I yell as I head towards the park.

It’s not a far walk, just into the park and about 300 meters. Its spring, a beautiful day. As I sit down on the bench, it feels like the weight of the world has been lifted. I listen to the sounds of birds chirping in the trees, the warm breeze rustling the leaves the sound of children playing. I swear to God, this is the only place in New York that’s actually quiet and peaceful…..

-RING-

-RING-

I pulled my Motorla RAZR out of my pocket, glance quickly at the LCD screen….

-DAD CALLING-

“Shit” I exclaimed, what a perfectly great way to ruin the peace and quiet.

“Big Day Tomorrow.”

“Yeah Dad, it is.”

“What time is it starting again?”

“I told you, 2pm Dad.”

“Ohh Fuck, I can’t make that”

“What do you mean?”

“Tell them to start it at 4pm, that’s better for me, I can make that”

“Dad they won’t do that.”

“How do you know, did you fucking ask them already, are you psychic? Some kind of fucking genius?”

“No Dad, I have common sense, they won’t delay a graduation for one parent.”

“I’m alumni, I’ve given that shit hole school more money than I can count.”

“Dad, you cancelled half the money you committed when you realized you couldn’t write it all off…. One of my classrooms didn’t have a roof for 3 months. They covered it with a tarp. I don’t think they’re going to hold anything for you.”

“Fuck them, I won’t be there then.”

“Yeah Dad, cause this graduation is all about them…..”

“What are you talking about? Columbia sucks anyway….. Don’t forget you start Monday. You start at nine, don’t be late, don’t embarrass me on your first day”

The phone suddenly disconnected. I knew he had hung up, he wasn’t going to get anything further from this conversation. My relationship with my Father had taken a nose dive as of late, not that we were ever close. He fucked around on my Mother, that bothered me more and more as I grew older. He wasn’t around when I was growing up, always working. That I understood more and more as I grew up. When I was younger, I looked up to my Father, now I respect the businessman. He was brilliant, his whole life, he was 2-3 moves ahead of everyone. He always had every angle figured out, planned for. I was like him in those ways. Spending hours thinking to myself, being sure I had a calculated solution to every possible situation.

Well I’m not going to relax now, so I guess I should head back to Colin and my car. I start making my way out of the park, as I leave a homeless man walking by catches my eye. I stopped for a second to watch him, he wasn’t old. Maybe in his 40’s clothed torn slightly, unshaven yet I could see a well-defined jaw line. We made eye contact for a brief second, he half smiled at me, without thinking I immediately looked away. I’d never seen that, most homeless in New York seem aggressive or sick. He seemed, content, happy maybe even free. Free to spend his time listening to the birds, watching the ducks.

I quickly shook my head and realized I had been standing dead still for about 30 seconds in the middle of the park entrance. I could see Colin across the street, he looked confused looking back at me. I quickly jogged over to Colin who flipped my keys.

“What was that? That homeless guy bothering you? Want me to call security?”

“No man, its fine.”

I jump into the car and start and the engine, the radio starts up..

“ELLA ELLA, EH.”

Rhianna is blasting, without thinking I turn the volume down and shoot Colin a look, unamused. He smiles back, no doubt looking for a reaction.

“Hey Ethan, how’s Sarah?”

“She’s good”

“I’m glad Ethan, she’s real good for you, hold onto that one.”

“I plan too, we’re buying a little place in the Bronx/Brooklyn border after graduation, up and coming area…..”

June 17th 2015

An empty arena houses Ethan Bird. Myself, I am seated next to him as we rest in one of the arenas staircases. Ethan is alone, none of his followers are with him for this trip. Ethan had always said, he needs to take the first few steps on his own. I think he takes me for the company, simply because I don’t talk back. I listen. After all, that’s what Dogs do.

Ethan sits atop the staircase, looking over the arena that will house his debut like a proverbial Bird watching over his nest. His eyes show a focus, an intensity that he has long been known for. A monster among men, a God among the common man.

The sound of sweeping is suddenly becomes audible, startling me and causing me sit up. As I glance up at Ethan, he seems unbothered, perhaps even unaware.

Suddenly an older gentlemen becomes visible, clearly a janitor as he is dressed in a light blue outfit, equipped with a broom and dustpan. I watch for a moment as he continues working, not even noticing us. I can’t help but think its foreshadowing for the XWF, so many of them going about their jobs without being aware of the monster that has arrived.

The old man turns his head slightly and notices us, he looks startled for a moment and he pauses with a bewildered look on his face. Confused, the man makes his way over to us. Standing now, a few steps above us on the staircase, he speaks;

“Excuse me Sir, you can’t be here. “ The man says after gently clearing his throat. He a stern and deep voice, the kind of voice you expect a grizzled old man to have. The kind of voice you expect of man who has spent his life working hard.

Ethan doesn’t move, his focus still on the ring. No doubt visualizing the massacre he will create using Sidney Cutter as his victim, next week at Monday Madness.

The old man tilts his head to the side, almost as if he recognized us.

“Are you Ethan Bird?” He asks, a change in his tone is present.

“Yes.” Ethan replies simply, again not removing his focus from the ring.

“Oh Wow.” The man replies.

“I’m a huge wrestling fan Ethan, I’ve known of you since you won the Japan Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Title!” The man says, seemingly excited.

Ethan stares blankly at the man, no doubt confused by his willingness to engage in a conversation with him. You see, most people choose to ignore Ethan, pretend he doesn’t exist. The son of a billionaire, who chooses to live on the streets. A man of wealth, who chooses to scratch and claw and fight for everything. He isn’t the type of man that most people understand.

“I watched what you did in RAGE, the last Fury Champion. I watched all those guys duck you, because they didn’t want to fight you.” The old man says, now rustling into one of the arena seats beside us.

“You sound like a well schooled man.” Ethan replies, a stoic look upon his face.

“Oh I am, Chicago is a big wrestling town! Home to some of the greats. What brings you to Chicago Ethan?” The old man asks again, gently brushing the point of his chin.

“The fight, the thrill of the hunt and even more the thrill of the kill. I’ve heard about this place, this XWF. So I came, to further spread my message. I want my message to be spoken about around the world. You see, this place, this tiny little pond, is about to meet the shark.” A more sinister look crosses Ethan face, as he rises to his feet, towering over top of the man.

“You see, my common man, I am a GOD! A man defined by your earthly restrictions. I don’t spend my life worrying about my next pay cheque. I don’t waste my gifts, by spending my days wasting away in obscurity and my meaningless job. The Spartans of ancient Greece, they took their children at the age of 7 to begin training them for war. Simply so they knew no different than war, I am build in their image. A warrior, unstoppable by the common man. A King, unconquerable by the pathetic talents of XWF. It starts for me with a man named Sidney Cutter. I know nothing of this man, nor does the world. I only know he will serve as nothing more than a sacrificial lamb for my debut. Little Sidney should be not afraid, for his name will be remembered through the years. Long after he has disappeared and drifted into obscurity, he’ll be known as the first message I sent to the world of XWF. He’ll be the Hugh Morris, to my Goldberg. The people, they will remember his image for it will be the most gruesome they have seen. His faced, stained in blood all, so I can show the world my message, my lifestyle is that of the immortals, that of the Gods.” I stand up and make way over to Ethan, sensing that we will be departing shortly.

“I will change this place, I’ll teach the talent here what it is like to walk among a God. And for that, they’ll thank me, they’ll follow me and soon they’ll worship me.”

6 Years Ago

“I can’t believe you graduate in an hour Ethan!” Sarah exclaimed when I walked in the front door.

“I am so excited to start our life together.” Tears of joy beginning to formulate in her beautiful eyes.

“So am I, So am I Sarah” I responded, a huge smile on my face.

This was the culmination of so much work. I had spent the last 4 years of life at Columbia University, studying business and economics. It had been a grind for me, staying focused for 4 years is no easy task. Yet I managed to persevere, when I hit obstacles, I pushed on. Wrestling had always been my true love, but this was the safe option, the way to provide for Sarah and the family we planned on starting.

I still wrestled, a couple shows a week at the local gym or high school. Today marked the end of all that, I graduate University, wrestle my last match and Monday morning, join the corporate world.

“Are you nervous at all Ethan” Sarah inquired. I had just noticed she was ironing my shirt while watching one of her favourite episodes of ‘Friends’.

“Why would I be nervous Sarah?” I asked, somewhat confused at the context of the question.

“Some people get nervous in front of people, I was just asking, Sorry” She responded, sounding a little offended about my inquiry.

“Sarah, I wrestle in front of hundreds of people every weekend at the local shows. I am used to standing in front of people, they watch me perform. They hear me talk, all I have to do this afternoon is walk across a stage, shake some hands and grab my diploma. Why would that make me nervous.”

“Ethan, we both know what I’m getting at. When you take that diploma and walk across that stage, your life and our life changes forever. It’s a celebration of something you’ve worked so hard for. Sometimes people get nervous about things like that.”

I guess I had never thought about that, Monday morning my life changes. While I would never let Sarah know it, I immediately thought about wrestling. Tonight would be the last time I would have the chance to perform. In that moment, it sunk in, I’d become my Father, I didn’t know how I felt about that.

“Ethan! Hello? Are you Ok?”

“I’ll be okay Sarah, thanks for asking” I responded, not even quite certain what the original question was anymore.

The ceremony was less than an hour away, yet I felt my mind drifting to my match tonight. It was supposed to an easy win a match against a new guy on quite the losing streak. If this is going to be my last match, I’m putting on a show. I am going to give them something to remember.

“Hey Sarah, do you want to take subway down there? I don’t really want to drive.”

“We can do that if you want, don’t you have a wrestling match after?"

“Yes I do”

“Then I’ll drive, I don’t want to go to your match and there’s no way I am taking the subway back alone. Actually you know what, I’ll get a ride back here with your Dad.”

“I don’t think he’s coming.” I responded quickly

“Ethan, it’s your graduation he’s going to be there.” She replied with a sweet smile on her face.

“Yeah, you’re probably right.”

“It will work perfectly, we can take the subway there and I’ll get a ride back here with your Father. You can goto your match and I’ll see you when you get home. Just don’t keep me waiting, I might have a surprise for you.” She says as she winked at me, turning her head to our dining room table. A pink and black bag ‘VICTORIAS SECRET’ written in big letters sitting atop the table.

[Image: ethan_zpsyjvsn0dk.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like EthanBird's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (06-17-2015), Drew Archyle (06-17-2015), Kirk MacClay (06-17-2015), Wallace Witasick (06-17-2015)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates EthanBird's post!
Mia Dim (06-17-2015)