Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-14-2024, 10:26 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia Game #2 Opt In Page!
Kirk MacClay Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

06-10-2015, 03:06 PM

The members of the WCW roster will be the 'Town people' and the nWo will be the Mafia! Opt in here so I know you're interested in playing! If you are curious or want more information... just shoot me a PM, message me on Skype, or ask it here!

Here are the rules...

The Overall Game

The idea of Mafia is that a group of players come together with a small section of that group secretly mafia. You normally have three sides;

Town: The good guys.
Mafia: The bad guys.
Third Party: Someone out to win the game by themselves.

In a general sized game over here, you'll usually have 3 mafia player and 1 third party, though this can change depending on the moderator of that game and his or her preference.

The goal of a Town player is to try and find who they believe to be mafia by using their roles at night or talking during the day to find who they believe to be suspicious. It's generally a game where people just talk to each other in the thread and usually someone believes someone to be suspicious for a reason or knows information they've found out during a night role... I'll explain that in a minute. The towns goal is to find and eliminate Mafia before Mafia eliminates them.

The goal of a Mafia: player is to pretend to be town and secretly eliminate town as the days go by. Mafia have their own private thread they can talk in and plot against town in the hopes of not being found out by them and slowly eliminating them. Mafia win the game when they out number the town side.

The goal of a Third Party: player is to pretend to be town and try and survive until the very end. This is one of the hardest roles in the game because the only way they can win is to survive and be the last person standing. They usually have a role to help them accomplish this.

Roles

The moderator of a game assigns each player a character and a role, neither of which they are allowed to reveal. Each role has a description of what you're able to do and even if you do not have one, you'll be classed Vanilla or Goon and be told that you have no special ability. These abilities can only be used at night and you can choose not to use your ability, but it's best to tell the moderator that anyway. There are two phases to a game of mafia, both of which will be explained below.

Day and Night Phases

The two phases of Mafia are Day and Night.

During the Day, everyone can speak with everyone and if they choose to lynch someone -which will be explained below, then they can do so. Only during the day can a lynch occour. Day can last any specific period of time and isn't an actual day. Day can last three days or one day, two days, however many the moderator decides.

During the Night, everyone can still speak with everyone in the thread but you cannot lynch anyone. Night is for you to send your role to the moderator of the game and tell them who you're targeting that night. If you're a tracker for example, you could IM the moderator and say: Track Dean and then when night is over, if the moderator has any information for you, they would reply and tell you the results of that track. Night can last more than one night and isn't a real time night. Night usually ends when everyone has told the moderator what they're going to do by sending their role in.

Lynching

Lynching is part of the day phase. During the day, everyone talks in the thread (it's advised to be active regardless of your alignment) and if someone wants to vote, find someone suspicious or believes something someone has said, they can vote for someone. A lynch occours when a majority of the players votes to lynch a person and when they do, the moderator then writes that up and tells us what happened and what that players alignment was. Lynching is probably the most effective part of the game, especially for town, as they can use it to try and find out who Mafia is. There are plenty occasions when town will lynch their own player because they seem to be suspicious but that's the risk taken.

General Game Rules

1. You may not discuss the game outside of this thread unless your role states otherwise. *VERY Important*
2 You may NOT Role Claim! (i.e. you cannot say "I'm the Town Doctor" or "I'm Doc Brown" to try and save yourself from a lynch.)
3. The dead may not post in the thread.
4. A lynch is considered final once a hammering vote has been placed. The hammering vote is the final vote placed.
5. You may not directly quoted or screencap pictures of your role PM from me.
6. Night discussion IS allowed.
7. You may not edit your posts or use fonts/sizes that make certain words in your post invisible or hard to read. *VERY Important!*
8. You will be prodded after 24 hours of inactivity. Failure to respond will result in being replaced from the game. Very important, so please do be active even if it's just a small post
9. Players most bold their votes, and must bold their unvotes before changing a vote to another player.
10. Don't take the game too serious. And please, refrain from personal attacks as a defense. This includes calling people stupid, idiots or otherwise.
11. If you have ANY questions concerning the game, your role, or anything, please PM me.
12. Do not reference your character at all during conversations. Remember, people know of the characters but no-one knows who they are, so do not mistakenly admit to being someone.
13. Have fun.

Terms You May See

FOS: This means Finger Of Suspicion and you'll see this when someone wants to make people aware that they believe someone to be suspicious.

Vote: You'll see this followed by a name which means that someone has voted to lynch another person.

My Advice

Just play the game. It sounds complicated but once you've had a game or two, it becomes easy and addictive. It's a lot of fun, it's full of activity and if you have questions then you can ask the moderator of the game them in PM.

[Image: S3d7rKH.png]

[Image: ZT38ONc.png?1]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kirk MacClay's post:
The Yellow Sword (06-10-2015)
Cain Offline
The Last Son of Eden

XWF FanBase:

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

06-10-2015, 03:08 PM

Okay. I'll try it dude.

[Image: Wz4kwdV.jpg]
The awesome banner was brought to you by Morbid Fuckin Angel.
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-10-2015, 03:10 PM

in again. will be right again. will be killed again.

Hate Post Like Post
Mr Killjoy Offline
Who wants their trap silenced?

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

In again.

[Image: UbmSUem.jpg]

Banner created by Gabe "The Radical" Reno

XWF Career accomplishments/Highlights:

One Time XWF Universal Champion
Two Time X-Treme Champion
One Time Intercontinental Champion
One Time World Tag Team Champion
XWF All Time Top 50 inductee
One Time 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Intercontinental Royal Rumble Winner
Captained the winning team "Team Dominance" at War Games '15
Lethal Lottery IV Finalist
July 2015 Superstar Of The Month
March 2017 Superstar Of The Month
October 2016 Promo Of The Month "Changes"

Hate Post Like Post
Kirk MacClay Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

Awesome! Already a new guy in!

Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

I was told I had to opt in.

So here I am.

Opting in.

But I'm not happy about it.

[Image: uuNaMEP.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Christopher Isles Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

06-10-2015, 03:11 PM

I'll play again. Hopefully I'll last longer this time.
Hate Post Like Post
Doctor Louis D'Ville Away
Hello, my friends
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

I'm in.

[Image: Kd641BT.png]
Hate Post Like Post
#MemeQueen Luca Torchwick Offline
Waves don't die.

XWF FanBase:
Women and gay men

(physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes)

Up in this bitch

[Image: giphy.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-10-2015, 03:13 PM

(06-10-2015, 03:11 PM)Christopher Isles Said: I'll play again. Hopefully I'll last longer this time.

I heard that's what Gilly always says to his wife, but in spanish.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vincent Lane's post:
Ozymandias (06-10-2015)
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

06-10-2015, 03:16 PM

(06-10-2015, 03:13 PM)LoverboyVinnieLane Said:
(06-10-2015, 03:11 PM)Christopher Isles Said: I'll play again. Hopefully I'll last longer this time.

I heard it was Spanglish.

[Image: uuNaMEP.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Doctor Louis D'Ville Away
Hello, my friends
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

06-10-2015, 03:18 PM

(06-10-2015, 03:16 PM)Ozymandias Said:
(06-10-2015, 03:13 PM)LoverboyVinnieLane Said:

I heard it was Spanglish.

Yeah.

[Image: Kd641BT.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Ginger Snaps Offline
<3 Ginger <3

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

06-10-2015, 03:24 PM

I'm in!

[Image: aTUIZMN.png]

<3 Gator <3
Hate Post Like Post
DMX-Factor Offline

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

06-10-2015, 03:53 PM

Opposite of out
Hate Post Like Post
Mia Dim Offline
TPOI

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

06-10-2015, 04:59 PM

In. Hopefully morbids got his shit together this time.

[Image: image-146.png]
I hate people who look different
and if u dont like it then u can leave                                                                                   

Hate Post Like Post
Mr. Oz Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

06-10-2015, 05:02 PM

I'm game.

[Image: xdagprt.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
Matthew Oaktree Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

06-10-2015, 05:02 PM

In.
Hate Post Like Post
Hooded Man Offline

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

06-10-2015, 05:37 PM

In.
Hate Post Like Post
Mattael Cillio Offline

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

06-10-2015, 10:01 PM

I'll give it a shot.
Hate Post Like Post
Kirk MacClay Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

06-11-2015, 12:51 PM

Last call for this! I'm about to solidify roles and teams.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kirk MacClay's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (06-11-2015)