Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-06-2024, 02:34 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Unofficial Meeting: RP 1
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

05-07-2015, 05:09 AM

Monday, May 4, 2015 | 9:09 AM Local Time | The Hart Senate Office Building | Washington, D.C.

Senator Jack Edwards walks the hall of the Hart Senate Office Building toward his office with a Starbucks Coffee in one hand and a tan leather briefcase in the other. Today, Connecticut Senator Edwards is followed by a half dozen or so of his aides and about a dozen other staffers. It's been a customary tradition for him to bark out orders on his way to his office rather than in his office. He likes the power and authority that comes with being a United States Senator. He loves being adored by his constituents. He absolutely hates people, aides or otherwise, hanging out in his office awaiting orders. When he's in his office, it's his chance to bask within his own glow of importance.

One by one, every aide and staffer parts company, ”Get a call in to Senator Ruby of Illinois. Tell him we need to talk about this American connection to what's going on in Europe,” he barks to his last remaining aide. A young, fit, brunette woman in her mid twenties. By all accounts, extremely good looking. She departs her boss and Senator Edwards enters his office and closes the door with a quiet click behind him. He looks around his office for a moment than proceeds to the bar on the right side of the room and pours himself a small tumbler of whiskey. He gulps it down quickly and sets the tumbler down. He looks up and is immediately equal parts shocked and scared at what he sees in the reflection in the mirror.

”Hello Senator,” the Illuminatus leader says, sitting behind the Senator's desk.

Trying to act as if he's not even slightly shaken and unnerved, Senator Edwards turns around to face his visitor. ”Mr. Duke, what brings you to Washington?” he asks, already knowing full well why his largest campaign contributor has somehow found his way into his locked office.

”Senator Edwards, I think you know exactly why I'm here,” replies the King. Sebastian Duke stands up from behind the Senators desk and walks around it, deciding to sit in a visitors chair.

”I take it you heard that the President has asked me to head up the commission on the investigation into how the German Regime got its hands on weapons that are still in development and not even officially in our governments hands yet,” states the Connecticut Senator.

”You know I am that German regime,” responds the King.

”Yes, well,” he hesitates. ”The question is just how you came into possession of top secret military arms.”

”I'll tell you. But, Senator, it will be off the record,” Sebastian offers.

”Sir, believe me. I'd like to know, but if it comes down to any official inquiry with public hearings, I'd rather be in the dark,” he concludes.

”There will be no public hearings,” says the King as he makes his way over to the bar and pours himself a little whiskey.

”And just how do you know that?” asks the naive Senator. ”The President is deeply concerned that these weapons made it out if the country when just a handful of people knew their location.”

The Illuminatus King swallows the whiskey and hands his glass to the Senator, ”because you are going to kill the investigation.”

”Mr. Duke, you know that I greatly appreciate your support. But I can't kill this one. It's out of my hands,” pleads the Senator.

”That's where you're wrong and I'm convinced you'll agree,” responds the King.

”How can you be so sure?” asks the Senator.

”Because if I go down, Senator, then you're coming with me. And we all know that the survival instinct is the apex of all humanity,” replies the King. ”Think about it Jack. How will it look when it comes out that your biggest campaign contributor is the sole beneficiary of the governments top secret military base?” he asks of the Senator.

”How will it look Senator, when its confirmed that Central Intelligence gave me that cache of weaponry? Lock, stock and barrel.”

”Mr. Duke,” begins the agitated Senator, ”forgive me for being blunt, but you gave up your rights to order me around when you started backing a Republican.”

”HA!” he laughs. ”You're referring to John Samuels. Of Texas.”

”That'd be him,” replies the Connecticut statesman.

”I am neither a Republican nor am I a Democrat, Senator. What I am and what I do is surround myself with those that can be bought. Samuels. Edwards. There's so many more.”

”And what happens when someone can't be bought?” inquires the Senator.

”Everyone has price, Senator. I've yet to meet the exception. The question is never whether or not they will sell. The question is always what is the price it will take to get them to sell. I knew I had you when I gave you that first fifty grand thirteen years ago.”

The Senator walks around his office, loosening his tie before finally settling down into his office chair. ”What happens if I can't back you on this one?” he asks.

”I don't do favors without receiving favors in return. It's simply business. But, if you're interested Senator, I suggest you do some digging. I think you'll find that there are cemeteries all around the world. And in these cemeteries, lay the bodies of those that thought they'd get away with crossing me.”

”Is that a threat?”

The King shakes his head. ”It's a guarantee. Don't ever double cross me, Senator. You won't like the end result. It's not a game you'll win, so don't ever play it.”

”What happens now?” asks the Senator.

”You take your meeting with Senator Ruby and you kill this investigation. It's as simple as that,” demands the Illuminatus leader.

”Senator Ruby? How did you know he was working with me?”

”Washington holds no secrets,” he begins to explain. ”Voices carry, Senator. This is a historic building, but the walls are paper thin. You can hear whatever you want if you're in the right place at the right time,” he concludes.

Sebastian Duke stands up and begins to leave. ”Senator, it goes without saying, that this conversation never happened,” he pauses as he reaches the door to Senator Edwards office. ”If you successfully kill this investigation, then I can guarantee you that my family will continue to back you financially. You're still young, Senator. One day you may want to run for the White House,” he says as he steps toward the Senator. ”We'll give you the financial resources to get it done. Don't do it, and we'll end your career as quickly as we gave it to you,” he says while stepping back and opening the door. ”Senator,” he says, tipping his figurative hat toward Senator Edwards and exiting the office.

Sebastian Duke walks briskly from the office.

Meanwhile, back in the closed office of Senator Edwards, the man buries his head in his hands then leans back. After opening a drawer in his desk, he retrieves a small tape recorder and hits the playback button. Very clearly, you can hear the voice of the King of Darkness. The Senator then ends the playback and replaces the recorder in his desk.

Sebastian Duke enters his limousine where his brother and his right hand, Theo Pryce is waiting. ”How did it go?” asks Theo.

Initially, he gets no response. ”I don't think we can trust him, little brother. I feel like he's not going to cooperate,” the King finally answers.

”What do we do about that then?” Theo asks.

”Find me something on Illinois Senator Gerald Ruby,” replies the King.

”Who is he?” asks Theo.

”That's what you're going to find out. He's the number two in this investigation. I heard Edwards talking about him before he came into his office,” explains the King.

”I've never heard of him. Is he a new Senator? Because if they're new, sometimes there isn't much to find,” Theo concludes.

”Everyone has skeletons, little brother. If he doesn't have any, we'll just have to put them there,” says the King with a slight smile.

”I suppose I should find out what Mr. Edwards is up to?” Theo surmises.

”Put a tail on him. Monitor him the best you can. If he so much as allows my name or your name to escape his lips,” the King begins before taking a long pause. ”Eliminate him,” he finally concludes.

”Sebastian, he's a United States Senator!” Theo says, almost pleading for his elder brother to change his mind.

”I'm well aware of what and who he is. This is not a negotiation. Upon my order, he dies,” the King pauses. ”It's as simple as that.”

”And just how would you like me to get close to Senator Edwards? I mean, supposing he's going to die?” Theo asks, almost annoyed at his elder brother.

”You know, Jake would never question that. He'd do what he learned and he'd get close. He'd never be detected,” he begins before pausing. ”Maybe I picked the wrong,” he continues, before being interrupted.

”Whoa whoa whoa!” Theo interjects. ”I didn't say I couldn't. I didn't say I wouldn't. I was simply asking how I should go about it.”

”I don't care how you do it. Don your Enigma mask for all I care. If and when that order comes, just be ready to act on it,” the King concludes.

”Do you think he's smart enough to connect the dots back to Central Intelligence?” inquires Theo. He's aware his own involvement could bring too many secretive things to light that should never see the light of day.

”If he didn't, he does now,” answers the King.

”What? How?”

”Because I told him.”

”Fuck! What the hell would you do that for?”

Sebastian slowly turns his head to face his younger brother, ”bait.” The Illuminatus leader starts to smile. ”If he's going to blow the doors open, we'll know it soon enough. Then we'll take him out before it ever gets that far.”

”My phone is probably ringing off the hook. The Company is going to want this dealt with too. I can already feel it,” sighs the former (and possibly current) central intelligence operative.

”Then I guess you eliminating Senator Edwards will be good for both of the families you belong to,” concludes the King, likening the CIA to organized crime. "You know, I think Operation Black Flag is in order."

Theo Pryce stares at his brother, knowing full well what the traditional 'black flag' is, yet wondering just what that term means to the Illuminatus leader.

[Image: QEcXvQs.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Sebastian Duke's post:
Morbid Angel (05-13-2015), Ozymandias (05-07-2015), Peter Fn Gilmour (05-07-2015)