Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 07:16 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Lethal Lottery 3
Hail Mary.
Ricky Desmond Offline
Business as Usual

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

03-26-2015, 10:33 AM

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

- Winston Churchill.

[Image: h6t7IHn.jpg]

A Hail Mary. That’s what this promo was. It was a prayer in some senses, or it was a last inch attempt of making anything of this match come Friday. Was it brave? Yes. Was it stupid? Yes.

Everyone knew that Unknown Soldier and Dim were and always will be the kings of trash talk. So for me to throw my name into the hat like this, well, I guess you could say that was just plain stupid, rather than brave. What did it really matter though? Teaming with Peter Gilmour was essentially a sinking ship regardless, but I knew he would try his best, and that’s all that I could ask for.

The camera pans up to see me suited on one knee on an American Football field with an altar just in front of me. I did not believe in God anymore, but when I was at primary school I went to St. Mary’s Primary School, despite not actually being baptised. So I understood what it was like to be in many Catholic ceremonies. Mass every Wednesday morning, hymn practice twice a week, and prayers at the start and end of every day as well as before lunch.

What a load of bollocks.

Yet here I was in front of an altar, on a stunning sunny day with the heat beaming down on me, in a field. Not only that but I was on one knee like Dean Moxley McGovern ready to suck cock. I probably shouldn’t make that joke, I doubt anyone remembers that paedophile cunt.

My hands met in the centre of my chest as I looked on at the altar.

“Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art though amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.”

I looked up into the sky where a single dove flew. Perhaps he had heard. Or she. Or whatever the fuck was listening.

“I am here to beg your forgiveness. I have sinned in this world and I alone must suffer for what I have done. I am simply here to beg for your mercy as I face any consequences that the world decide are just.”

Why was I suddenly begging that this nonsense was real? I had spent my life crushing the thought that any such God could exist. I spent my life convincing people that we are living in the only hell that actually exists. The only hell. The only heaven. This was it. Life was it and then we simply became worm’s meat. That’s the reality of it yet I was becoming weak just like all of the others that cling onto faith to give them hope. It’s exactly like I said. I am fading, more rapidly than I could ever have imagined.

This is what I deserved though, for what I have done. Paranoia, guilt, suffering.

I stood up and turned, with an American Football in my hand. I didn’t even like the sport, because I don’t see why it was called football. It almost always involves using your hands after all. That didn’t matter now though, because this promo was my Hail Mary

“Go long!” I shouted to Fred as he sprinted across the field, I threw the ball long in desperation.

Then it was as if time was in slow motion. The ball spun gracefully through the air as straight as an arrow shot by Robin Hood. It motioned towards Fred who had an unnecessary happy smile on his face. Fred stopped and held out his hands.

The ball fell short.

I turned to the camera, with a sad smile on my face.

“Exactly what everyone is expecting of me,” I whispered as Fred wandered into the distance.

“No one even expected me to make it this far. Perhaps I should not have made it this far. I am yet to secure a pin during this competition after all. The reason I am here though, is not just luck. The reason I am here is because I am a survivor. I have said that once and I shall continue to say it. What does it matter now though? Sure I made the final, but everyone is expecting me to lose. They’re expecting me to fall short just like that ball did because since I joined the XWF that’s all that I have done. Hit near falls. Hit near important victory. Get close, but never quite succeed. You can count on Desmond for one thing though, and that’s to be there while someone else basks in glory.”

I think that I had stopped caring about what happened in this match. I stopped worrying about being humiliated by Soldier and Dim. There was nothing I could do now except just go for it. Soldier was 5th in the all-time rankings after all. Whereas Peter was like 33rd or something.

What chance did we have? Anything could happen, that’s all I knew.

“People are questioning whether I should even say a word against either of my opponents heading into this match because, well because everyone thinks that they will tear me a new ass hole. Well everyone can think what they want. Maybe they will destroy me, but it has got to be worth a shot. Saying nothing? Well that’s just the coward’s way out.”

I strolled along the field with the sun still beaming down upon me like I was a gift sent from God.

“You three chums, it’s time for you to end this happy family bullshit you have got going on. The friendship, it’s done. After Lethal Lottery your friendship will never be the same because at the end of the day, there can only be one winner. We can pretend all we like that you are all on the same page. Or even that Soldier and Dim are on the same page. At the end of the day though, it’s just more bullshit spouted from your cunt mouths.”

I adjusted my tie before continuing to walk.

“Peter, I want to start with you. You are my tag team partner. Unfortunately. I was going to pretend that I was pleased to be teaming up with a veteran, with someone that has been here for a long time and achieved so much. That’s the thing though Peter, you have been here an age, and what have you really achieved? You are still yet to hold the top title. You have been carried to tag team gold continuously just like I have supposedly been carried to this final. In a way, I have been. I accept that. It doesn’t matter though, Peter. It is okay, because the important thing is, you have survived. Can you survive the wrath of your buddies? They will not be forgiving in that ring I will tell you that now, so it’s about time you brought your A game. It’s about time you came out from the shadows, you quit sucking up to them and you started standing up to them. They’re simply mocking you after all. They don’t really want to help you. They don’t want to be friends with you. They’re just taking the piss out of you. They know you’re a joke. They know you’re borderline . They know that without them you would have accomplished… nothing. Yet you continue to look up to them, you respect them, you idolize them. Your own delusions are clear for every single person to see. Everyone except for you. Your stupidity and ignorance is clearly highlighted as you assume that you are teaming up with Desmond Wolfe and then go on to say you watched my match with Soldier last week. You struggle to make sense in the most simplest of situations. You even called me a rookie. Me. A rookie. Really? Fine, dude. I suppose I cannot mock you because although I have failed to have a good run in the XWF the fact remains that I have achieved absolutely nothing. I have won nothing. All I have done is carry a psychopath to the Universal Championship, and that? Well that was a mistake. Just like you Peter, a mistake. Sure people are questioning how I got to the final, but you? You are proof that miracles do come true. Oh and I know how much you love Dim and Soldier and Sid Feder and chicken parm. However none of those things will be here to comfort you Peter. This time you have to crush those that have supported you… I am not worried about our fight for the briefcase, because with all due respect, the challenge? The real challenge? That comes before then. The real challenge is taking down two of the greatest competitors this company has got to offer today. If you and I can prove again that miracles do come true then maybe, just maybe, I will start to think about the sweet taste of victory.”

I adjust my tie once again before continuing.

“Dim. Oh Dim. Dim the dim witted. Dim, Dim, filled to the brim. With what you ask? Cum in his bum. How grim, oh Dim, I pray you fall in a pool and forget to swim. Sweet Dim. I do not know what that was or where it came from but I fucking enjoyed it.”

I chuckled to myself slightly.

“Ah, you shouldn’t laugh at yourself I know, but that was quite funny. I can understand that John Madison thinks it’s smart to not even waste his time talking about me. He thinks that makes me look pointless. That’s what he thinks. But he thinks a lot of bullshit, and that’s just another example of it. You can ignore me all you like John, but I know you will not able to help yourself when you watch this promo. You and Dim, you won’t be able to wait to get your teeth into this. Well take me down. It should not be hard, I have an obese child with downs syndrome for a tag team partner who got thrown back into this lottery despite losing, while you have got one of the greatest wrestlers ever standing next to you. How difficult can it be? I understand though Dim. You’re wary, and you should be. I have slipped through the cracks for this entire competition and that’s what will continue to happen because I have no doubt that you and Soldier will underestimate me. You will be preparing for each other when you are yet to actually pass the first hurdle. One step at a time Dim, or I might just slip through the cracks once again. Also, while I have got you Dim, why do you continue to babble on about Sebastian Duke? CorVus? Vinnie Lane. They’re in the past. Look to the future because those men simply do not matter anymore. We are the main event. Focus.”

I took a deep breath and adjusted my tie one last time.

“Soldier. I have to hand it to you. Your version of Shake It Off may be even better than the original. Yeah damn straight Taylor Swift is my guilty pleasure, and what? You are part of the reason I am here, and I am grateful for that. You’re a clever guy, a scary guy. All of these things have compiled into respect. Respect goes out of the window when that bell rings though. You are a fool if you think that I said one of you three will win that briefcase. There is no chance that Peter Gilmour walks away with a briefcase. Both you and Dim must do the unthinkable and take your best friend down and pin him one, two, three, or you can watch me walk away with a briefcase clutched against my chest. You won’t pin me. You just won’t. Sure, I have admitted I don’t fancy my chances of Peter and I taking you two down, I am honest. And I can honestly say that there is no chance that Peter Gilmour is walking away with a briefcase. Maybe I am lucky to be here, I have basically admitted that. Maybe it’s just because I survived. What I will tell you now though Soldier, is that I won’t be letting you down. I won’t let the fans down. I won’t let Dim or Peter down. I will put on one hell of a fucking match. Because even if I am going down… I am going down swinging. This is my Hail Mary. A prayer. A desperate throw. Call it what you want, but I'm not giving up just yet.”

I pushed the camera man down to the floor. The camera recorded me walking away from an unusual angle and then the shot faded.

[Image: oNSyU33.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ricky Desmond's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (03-26-2015)