Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:37 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Gauntlet City (March 31st) PPV RP Archive
Nail in my hand
benjamincrane Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Tweener/Neutral

(crowd reaction varies; dips between face & heel)

03-30-2013, 12:38 AM

(camera comes on to show that we are sitting shotgun inside Ben Crane's A-Team van)

(he's not talking to the camera, only has music blaring)

(camera edit cuts ahead to show us parking in front of a church)

[Image: 1791623-173205-the-westminster-abbey-in-...e-city.jpg]

(Crane turns off the van, takes out the keys, and then exits)

(we then see him enter the church and then another camera edit to inside)

[Image: 8158633.jpg?size=380x260]

Crane: You know, if I were to be honest, the few times I've been in a church since I was a kid I always picture myself as Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate. That if I were to dip my finger into the holy water, would it start bubbling?

[Image: Holy-Water.jpg]

Crane: Well, well, I guess I might as well test it out while I'm here, eh?

(Crane walks over and slowly puts his finger in the holy water)

(nothing happens)

Crane: Huh. I'll be damned. OR apparently not!

(he wipes off his wet finger on his shirt and makes his way to the front pew and takes a seat)

Crane: It's been awhile hasn't it? Yeah, I haven't come talked to you a good long time. Which is sad really. Because I used to believe in you SO much. I remember having these mickey mouse popsickles in the shape of his head. And before I would eat one, I would always pray to you asking forgiveness for eating Mickey. But you know that. You were there. I guess.

But somewhere along the way, my life just kept getting more and more terrible. And I kept praying and praying to you. For my mother and me to have something to eat at the end of the month. When I was a teenager, I would pray to you for ONE girl to actually like me back. Never happened. I prayed for a lot things from you and didn't get anything. For as much as I believed in you, you could've gave me something.

No, it wasn't until after I stopped believing that I got into the wrestling business. That I made some money. That women started to pay attention to me. All that came after I gave up on you. Coincidence? I doubt it.

So, given all our history and how much better my life has been without you, what am I doing here today? Well, I came to a realization recently. I was talking about the graphic novel "The Killing Joke" and the part where Batman actually tries to amend his fued with The Joker. Then it hit me, if after all those two had been through if Batman still had it in him to give it one last try, then maybe I do too. That I could walk in here and do the same with you.

Now I am expecting a different result? Not particularly. However, XWF is having this huge event tonight. Where it's possible I could win a title or the Gauntlet itself. Either one would be a pretty big feather in my cap. I mean, a win tonight would be one of my biggest ever. So here I am.....

(Crane gets up and kneels down)

Crane: If I'm wrong, and you do exist, then show me. Help me. This is your last chance to make things right with me. Because as of now either you don't exist or you just never gave a crap about me. Either way, I'm here to give it one last shot. Prove to me that you're worth my belief and will believe in you again. Have faith in me, and I will return that faith in kind.

As you know, I have a black darkness running through my veins. And me even being in here makes me very uncomfortable. But that's how much this PPV means to me tonight. I've been doing this a long and not gotten anywhere near the recognition I think I deserve. But if I win tonight? The spotlight would be on me and me alone. All eyes in the wrestling world would be on ME. You know I deserve this! I've paid my dues.

I just don't know that I can do it alone. I thought I could at first but it started becoming more and more clear that I can't. That's why I brought in that numbskull Randall James because I thought ultimately he would help me win matches and move up the ladder. That didn't happen. And I don't know who else I could turn to. So, I'm here giving you another chance after all this time, to prove to me that I mean something to you. That you care.

(Crane groans and stands up)

Crane: But my guess is, much like The Joker was when Batman got to his prison cell, he was already gone. (looks around) Amen.

(Crane turns and walks out of the church)
Edit Hate Post Like Post