Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-08-2024, 12:32 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Anarchy Special" RP Board
Passion
Cain Offline
The Last Son of Eden

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

02-14-2015, 01:24 PM

The Interview Segment

Cut to a familiar scene where we find Steve Sayer and our hero, Cain sitting across from one another. Cain is dressed rather casually, as opposed to his previous interviews with Steve. The veteran interviewer reached across and shook the hand of Cain, who reciprocated his polite gesture.

"Good to see you out of the hospital in time for your match, Cain. Are you ready for the Gauntlet on Monday? Is Cain one hundred percent?"

"Steve..." Cain started, a confident smile on his face. "...I once told you that I was born ready. I know my history, you know my history. Since this IS Madness, I won't go into details of the things I have seen or the "things I have done". No, I want to keep it real, as the kids are saying."

"Now I appreciate your concern for my well being, because I know that I have bullied and intimidated you many times. You must understand that this was another part of me, a part I am hoping to leave behind. Steve, I am better than a hundred percent. I may not heal as quickly anymore, but I'll be fine. I no longer want to be Cain the murderer. I want to be Cain the winner, and perhaps Cain..."
He raised his hands up to his chest and symbolized a marquee. "...the Universal Champion. Am I ready? Yes. The better question would be are my opponents ready for the new Cain?"

"Having a new lease on life is all well and good, plus I can see from watching your training tapes a more methodical competitor."

"That is an astute observation, Steve. Yes, you see me in those tapes honing and sharpening me skills. Before, I didn't train so hard for any match for obvious reason, but I am not some immortal, mythical creature who cannot be hurt. I realized that following my hospital stay. I am just a man. Now don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I can't be a bad ass mother fucker."

The two shared a laugh and Steve was relieved because this was the most professional he'd ever seen Cain. There were no threats. The foul language was kept to a minimum. Cain was taking this seriously. Cain was taking every opponent in the Gauntlet seriously, even his female competition. As such, his expression and tone remained very business like, despite his casual dress.

"Can we look forward to seeing a kinder, gentler Cain?"

Cain shook his head.

"No. Where did you get that idea, Sayer? Hell, just because I don't break bones for free outside the ring doesn't mean I'm not gonna be the same monster inside the ring. It's just...well, when I step into that ring and I hear that bell, I am going to be an ass kicking machine from bell to bell. Will I win every time? Maybe. I hope that will happen, but in the event that I should lose I am not going to do what Peter Gilmour does and claim bullshit. I lose..." he shrugged. "...then I lose. Because on that given night, my opponent was better than me. I will, however, strive to become the best and as I have stated before, they will respect me, whether they like me or not."

"So you don't care how they feel about you?"

Cain chuckled.

"I'm not gonna quote Margaret Thatcher, but no. I don't."

"Listen, I know that each man and woman in the Gauntlet were "booked" because they belong there. I know that each one of my opponents is talented in his or her own right, but that doesn't mean I like any of them. I just respect talent when I see it. Does that make any of them a threat to me? No. I'm not saying that I am better than any of them but I will say that I am more driven. I mean, think about it. This is Madness. A show I was kicked off of because LH Harrison is a cock smoking bible thumping . Just so happens he beat me. So I have more to prove than any of the other seven, Television Title shot notwithstanding."

Cain shrugged.

"Call me corny, but I want to use a word that gets thrown around a lot. Destiny.

"You believe you are destined for greatness? Every one who comes through the doors believes that, Cain. What makes you different?"

"Simple. I mean what I say. When I was a child, this sport didn't even exist. That's all I will mention about my origins, but I will say that when I saw men like Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ricky Steamboat and Tully Blanchard, even as an adult I was fascinated. Here were men who were feared because of their in ring prowess and legendary as well. I want that, Steve. I know I said if I lose I lose, but this gauntlet match? I am going to win. Consider it a prophecy, and I know a little something about prophecies."

Steve wasn't surprised about Cain's lack of low self esteem. He'd seen the woman Cain was associating himself with. She was hot, and a woman who could give any man a certain abundance of ego. She sat just off camera, watching her man with the eyes of a fascinated young woman. As a child, the one rule Athena's parents had given her was to never date a pro wrestler. Well, she wasn't dating him. She was thinking about it but she was waiting to see how he felt about her.

Cain was a tough but to crack and it showed. He could be so cruel sometimes when he was with her, but he never struck her. Maybe he cared for her. However, we are getting off track. Back to Cain's Madness interview.

"Cain, I know this is quite a personal question to ask, but who is the lovely young woman over there?"

Cain sighed.

"Boy Steve, that really is personal. You act like she and I got caught fucking or something. That beautiful young woman is very special to me, as she taught me something. Once again, this being Madness I cannot go into detail, but she taught me that the human race isn't all bad. When I was in the hospital for those two days, Athena stayed by my side. Funniest thing... he laughed. "..She actually forced me to eat. That's weird for me, seeing as how I never required human..."

"Remember where you are, Cain."

"Right, so...the Gauntlet. Monday, right here in New Orleans. You want to see a driven Messiah of Pain? You want to see me rise up to the top and come one step closer to taking what is rightfully mine? Tune in, boys and girls, because this bad ass is going to live up to his potential. This bad ass is going to face whoever is left, whether they are fresh or not, and use their carcass as a stepping stone. Believe it, I may be a professional but I will be the most destructive force in that ring Monday Night. Then? I will come for the Television Champion, whether it's Gator or not. The new Cain doesn't need fifteen minutes when he is driven, so I'd suggest our bookers begin recruiting filler acts."

"The new Cain comes to dominate. Believe it."

With those words there was complete and total silence. Cain could have gone on forever, but now he knew that to talk a good game wasn't the point of this business. No. It was important, yes, but not as important as backing one's words up. He sat back in his chair as Steve gave the call sign to the camera man.

Nothing more needed to be said. Fade to black.

Off Camera With Athena

Athena sipped at her bottled water and eyed Cain as he came closer to her, her heart rate quickening a bit. She too had never met someone like him. Someone who didn't ridicule her for being pale, or wearing too much make up. She smiled at Cain.

"So that's yer job? Ya sit there and talk ta that fat man?"

Cain smirked and shook his head.

"There's more to it than that, Attie."

She felt a warm and fuzzy feeling as he called her by her childhood nickname. Yes she'd watched wrestling before, with her first boyfriend. But she never really got into it because it was the PG era of the WWE. Her religious parents forbade even that, so actually travelling with a potential megastar of the ring gave her a rush. A rebellious rush.

She stilled her beating heart as he neared her closer, watching his biceps as he knocked back his own bottled water. So many tattoos. She thought it was sexy.

"In this business, the biggest part of the job is trying to be better than your opponents. I learned not too long ago that being a demonic being has nothing to do with that."

"Huh?"

He shook his head. Deep down, he did like her. She had been sheltered from the news stories involving his murders. She had no idea of what he was, and he wanted to keep it that way. He just wanted to live a normal life and be successful. It was really all he had left.[/u]

"Nothing. Hey, listen. How about you and I go and grab a bite to eat?"

[i]She tried her best to hide her excitement, and nodded calmly.
"Ah'd quite enjoy that, Cain."

"So what's good then? Where shall we go?"

She smiled at the object of her hidden love slash lust and pulled a menu out of her cleavage. On the menu was the name of a well reputed Chinese restaurant in the downtown area

"This place is the fuckin' shit 'ere, mate! Let's go, it's called Master's Wok! Ya can eat all ya want an' then some!"

Cain cracked a smile.

"Sounds good to me. This hunger thing sucks."

She still wasn't quite sure of why he made these strange references. One would be hard pressed to say that she cared. She just hooked her arm in his and skipped out to the parking lot as he walked, where the two mounted Cain's newly acquired vintage Harley. She wrapped her arms tightly about his waist.

"Hold on tight, Attie."

She squeezed Cain, who was a bit confused as he felt her rest her head on his massive back. He shrugged it off and the engine of the motorbike roared to life. The two sped off down main street, where Cain would inevitably be kicked out of the restaurant for eating too much.

Or would he?

[Image: Wz4kwdV.jpg]
The awesome banner was brought to you by Morbid Fuckin Angel.
Edit Hate Post Like Post