Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 04:04 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Gauntlet City (March 31st) PPV RP Archive
The Story Continues - The Home Coming Pt 1 (tag/Gauntlet)
Chris MacBeth Offline
Knight of the X-Treme

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

03-27-2013, 08:22 AM

The fire roared in the corner of the local village pub throwing out enough heat to completely block out the unusually snowy March day. The punters with their drinks in hand wouldn't even notice that the snow had begun to fall again. The atmosphere was fun there was a live band playing in the back corner of the pubs dining area and all the tables were taken as well as the bar being lined with waiting customers. The 2 Bar staff working the close shift on this Sunday Night did not bargain for such a busy nights work, both of them with small beads of sweat forming on their heads as they are running up and down the bar pulling pints and serving drinks to the patiently waiting customers.

I am sure the roaring fire was not helping matters as one of the punters had just thrown another log on heating the building to almost unpleasant temperatures. But that didn't deter this party from enjoying the home coming of one of their own.

Chris Macbeth hadn't walked into this Village pub for a good 9 Years. His family hadn't seen him for almost that time as well, so when he turned up this afternoon he was greeted by the usual anger at why he hadn't been in touch more before his dad and brother insisted his return deserves a pint or two down the local.

This is where we are now, except the pint or two may have turned into three of four. OK so id admit Macbeth had just necked back his 4th Jager-Bomb, and was loving every minute of his return home.

A foolish move a wise man might say considering the weekend that lies before him.

That wise man is probably right and Macbeth knows it but heck he is having fun. For years this place has never been far from his heart and honestly this is the place he calls home.

Standing up from the table he had been sat out for a few hours now with his dad and his brother he feels the alcohol rush to his head and a moment of dizziness surrounds him. It begins to fade as he slowly makes his way out the front door of the pub and into the snow.

[Image: snow1.jpg]

Sitting on the bench outside in the snow Macbeth looks focused at the village church opposite. Just staring intently. His glance is distracted y one of his old friends walking up the road towards the pub. He jumps down from the bench and greets his old friend like anyone would greet someone who they had not seen for many years. With a snowball to the face! His friend finally getting over the shock of the ice cold snow exploding across his nose realizes who the culprit was and quickly jumps the low wall to the pub garden launching a snowy attack back to his friend. Once the kids (cough) man had finished playing around Macbeth returned inside to the bar and bought them both a drink before heading back outside to the cold but quiet snow for a catch up. Macbeth takes a cigarette from his old friend and lights it up.

Chris Macbeth smoking???

Only on special occasions... A social smoker.

??? So how’s things been man, you back in the wrestling now?

CM: Yeah back in the wrestling that’s what I am doing back actually. Wrestling at Wembley Stadium on Sunday Night.

???: No shit man, that’s awesome.

CM: Yeah it’s going to be crazy, I have been put in this crazy 5 way, 3 man tag match teamed with two other guys I don’t even know against some of the nastiest bastards in wrestling. I am not even exaggerating some of these guys a proper freaks man. Honestly is going to be crazy.

Macbeths friend lets out a quiet laugh.

CM: You should laugh man, really. You remember Captain Idiot from in Town? Yeah well its going to be like him being let loose in a wrestling ring.

???: Crap, that is crazy. Hey you remember when he jumped off the motorway bridge to try and land on the back of that arctic but missed completely?

CM: Ha yeah man, and instead landed in the back Old Man Johns MX5 and John didn't even realise he was there until he got home.

The two friends laugh together until the laughing slowly fades to silence.

CM: I still don’t know why his was dressed like a giant Kangaroo though.

???: Hmm, me neither. Crazy Mother Fucker.

They continue to laugh and tell stories of years gone by blissfully unaware that the pub had gradually emptied, they should have realised as every trip back to the bar for a top up they had to wait less and less time to get served. All that remained was the landlord sat at the end of the bar with one of the many complimentary pints he had been bought for him by the happy punters and Macbeths Brother and Father stood in the corner arguing over the football scores at the weekend.

Macbeth walks back in after his friend leaves and stands at the bar not being bothered to get into an argument with his family. He orders himself a Southern Comfort and Coke and heads back outside and sit staring at the church as he was earlier. Many different thoughts going through his mind, will his team mates even show up on Sunday Night, if they do will they have his back, are they capable of competing in a match such as this. He begins running through all the different situations that could occur at THE PPV. Would he be left to take on the crazy mother fuckers himself, well if he was he only needs one pin fall and its game over. But what if he is on his own and he does get that one pin fall? Does he hold all three championships? Would it even be allowed? Would it all be in vein? His thoughts drift away from the PPV for a second when he notices someone walking out of the church yard. A moment of sadness engulfs him before he manages to push it away to the back of his mind and gets back to the business of planning out how he is going to get through THE GAUNTLET.

Well fear IS not an option and luckily fear has never been part of Chris Macbeth’s life. Excitement is essential and this is something he has plenty of without being too excited. He doesn't need to be over zealous, not ON that night, the night that could be the biggest of his life, the night he reigns triumphant over THE competition and becomes the KING of the XWF. The very first “King of the XWF” Chris Macbeth.

He may have been out of the business for a long time and what some would call a rookie of the company but what he’s not is a rookie to overcoming obstacles. Throughout his entire life he has had obstacles thrown at him from all angles. He was told he would never finish school, he finished. He was told he would never be successful Mixed Martial Artist, but he was. He was also told that “this music idea is stupid”, so he packed his bags and headed for the states with one of his friends and they formed a band, a successful band. And now it has been happening again with the very same band mates not believing in him or worse not wanting to believe in his ability as a wrestler. Well guess what he has already began to prove himself and come Sunday Night win or lose he WILL have shown that no mistakes were made in his change of career and all the doubters would have been proved wrong. BE it him or someone else the King will be CROWNED but the show belongs to Chris Macbeth.

THE GAUNTLET IS ON, THE KING WILL BE CROWNED.

Macbeth thoughts return to the church as he takes a deep breath and walks through the gate and out onto the street, over the road and towards the church. Upon reaching the church he stops just before entering and walks along the side wall and sits on the bench lighting up the cigarette and sitting back. The thoughts of his older brother he lost in a car accident when they were younger. Macbeth his younger brother and their Dad were sat at home watching the football when the police showed up at the door. Macbeth was a bit of a rascal back then so he immediately went into panic overdrive thinking he had been caught for one of many childhood antics. Eventually Macbeth would wish that this had of been the case because the news that did come was much worse.

Macbeth drops the cigarette on the floor and rises to his feet and walks through the gate into the church yard. Walking through the Grave stones he finally reaches where his brother was laid to rest. He crouches down and puts his hand on the stone as a tear begins to form in the corner of his eye. His head drops into his hand.

[Image: 4209687028_251db5fd07_z.jpg]

“It’s been too long brother since I have come to see you. I hope you have been looking over the family well. There is not a day goes by where I don’t think of you. The times you took me too the football and picked me up from School when Dad “accidently” got to drunk and lunchtimes watching the horse racing with his mates. Most importantly though you taught me how to live my life to the fullest. I am doing that now brother. I wish you could see me now. I think you would be proud.”

Macbeth continues to talk to his lost brother as the scene fades to black.

[Image: bkr0f_Tl.jpg]

Chris Macbeth's Backstage Page

1 X XWF Hart Champion - 04/27/16 - 06/08/16
1 X XWF Tag Team Champion. - 04/06/16 - 05/25/16
1 X Heavy Metal Weight Champion - 04/29/13 - 05/05/13
1 X 24/7 Federweight Champion - 02/21/16 - 02/23/16
1 X Star of the Month

Edit Hate Post Like Post