Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 10:02 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "CCPE Cannabis Cup 2022" RP Board
Approach The Monolith
benjamincrane Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Tweener/Neutral

(crowd reaction varies; dips between face & heel)

01-09-2013, 01:16 AM

(we are in the building, the crowd is in and there is a huge, black curtain over the ring)

(benjamin crane enters from the back holding a microphone)

crane: welcome, everyone, to a VERY special edition of my show- Approach The Monolith! before i show you what's in the ring under that ominous curtain, let me give the xwf audience a little backstory. you see, there is a guy in xwf that goes around pretending he's "supernatural". that he has powers beyond mere men. now, that being said, we had a match a few weeks ago, and i came out with the W. then, for what ever reason, he challenges me to a rematch. and having already made him a better wrestler after our first encounter, i had to come up with some reason to face him again.

that reason? because sebastian duke is on a very similar path that i had been on for over 10 years. and it's a path that leads nowhere. because i went from promotion to promotion trying to get people to believe i had special abilities. that i was special. but they didn't buy it and these people won't either. but i can tell you this and tell you this duke and i don't think it will do any good. so tonight i have in that ring PROOF that i what i'm telling you is gospel. just maybe actions will speak louder than words. so, now that you're caught up on the situation, would you please drop the curtain!

(the curtain drops, the lights go out, and the crowd gasps)

(then a red light floods the arena)

(we can see a painting, a trunk, a trash can with a baseball bat in it, and a weird looking throne)

crane: (walking towards the ring) you see, this right here is my past. maybe some of you remember me as Firefly and maybe you don't. but basically, for a decade i went all around the country pretending to be a psycohpathic, pyromaniac. (climbs up the steps and enters through the ropes)

while i've talked about my motivations about becoming firefly before, it wasn't until i saw this (walks next to the painting) that it really clicked in. this guy right here comes from steven king's The Dark Tower series. he is called "the crimson king"

[Image: 250px-Crimson_King_Dark_Tower.jpg]

so for the first promotion i worked for, i printed out a copy of this painting and said "this is who i want to be. i want to bring this guy to life". so the costume department made me a beautiful orange robe and the production guys went above and beyond by recreating that throne of skulls.

(crane walks over and sits on the throne)

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh it's been awhile since i've been on this thing. but for as crazy as it looks, it's actually really comfortable. and after i had a falling out with the promotion, the production guys snuck it out and gave it to me. and i've had it ever since. (rubs the arm of the throne) this really set me apart at first. no one had seen anything like it. sebastian duke, take a look around at my past. soak in exactly how much alike we really are. how much i used to do the kind of stuff you're trying to do now. and realize how much this throne means to me. (crane gets up and grabs the baseball bat out of the trash can) and also realize that while it means a lot to me, it means nothing to anyone else. which means i've kept it all this time just a reminder of who i used to be and what i've done. but what i'm doing tonight is showing duke how little any of it mattered. so as much as it pains me....

(crane starts beating up and destroying the throne of skulls with his baseball bat)

(then he finally stops and throws the bat out of the ring)

(he looks around the crowd who is cheering)

(then crane begins smirking)

OH, oh i see what you guys are thinking. you guys are thinking that in order for me to beat sebastian duke's monster that i have bring back my own. well, you'd be wrong.

(crane walks over to the trunk, lies the mic on the mat, undoes the latches and opens the turnk)

(crane reaches in and pulls out the long, orange robe he's worn all his career)

(he grabs the mic and stands up)

this is it folks. the very orange robe i wore for my entire run as firefly. they tried to give me new ones and i told them no. it had to be this one robe. it's got blood stains on it you couldn't get out, it's been burnt and scorched in places but THIS is firefly.

(crane turns and forcefully throws the robe into the trash can)

no, duke, tonight is not gonna be monster vs monster. because i am firefly NO MORE. (crane reaches into the pocket of his trademark Venom hoodie and produces a box of matches) ( he pulls out a match, lights it, and throws it into the trash can igniting the robe)

(crane then faces the camera) you see all this duke? this is 10 YEARS of my career i wasted trying to be more than i actually was. trying to be more human than human. and it was ALL FOR NOTHING. tonight, duke, i'm not fighting you as "The Crimson King" Firefly, no. tonight i fight you as "The Monolith" Benjamin Crane. As myself. and i will win because deep down, you know i'm right. deep down you want to give up this charade but you don't know how. don't worry, though, i will help you. i will make the monster into a MAN. let me help you duke. let me help you. or else what you see in this ring right now, will be your future too.

(crane drops the mic, exits the ring and the xwf crew comes in with a fire extinguisher and puts out the fire in the trash can)
Edit Hate Post Like Post