Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-17-2024, 09:51 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » News, Rumors, Hype, etc...
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2012 AWARDS!!! Let's start talking about them!
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-31-2012, 08:41 PM Video  2012 AWARDS!!! Let's start talking about them! -->

With 2012 coming to a close, it's time to look back on the year as a whole and hand out the official year-end awards!

What I'd like to do is handle this in stages with stage-1 simply being the actual AWARDS being determined. What awards should we give?

Here are some obvious ones we'll be doing...

Biggest Asshole of the Year
Match of the Year
Upset of the Year
Shock of the Year
Biggest Newcomer Impact of the Year

If anyone can think of any others please reply here!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Raziel Offline
Heel of Heels

XWF FanBase:
Monster Heel

(always booed; cheats; hurts people)

12-31-2012, 10:32 PM

Biggest Asshole of the Year? Me.

[Image: razboardssig.jpg]

XWF Grand Slam Champion
(2003 - 2011)
Hate Post Like Post
kmoney Offline
CCWF Mercenary

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

01-01-2013, 12:38 AM

(12-31-2012, 10:32 PM)Raziel Said: Biggest Asshole of the Year? Me.

You've got my vote, new boards online for a few hours and already a negative 49 reputation? Raz wins.

1x XWF Universal Champion
1x XWF World Champion
2x XWF Cruiserweight Champion
1x XWF Tag Team Champin (w/ T-Money)
1x XWF Stable Champion (w/ Tomoko Hanahara, Sewaside, and T-Money )
1x XWF Hart Champion
1x XWF X-treme Champion (Undefeated)
1x XWF Heavymetal Weight Champion
1x XWF Ark of the Covenant Champion

Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

01-01-2013, 08:05 AM

Asshole of the year: Tristan Slater
Upset of the year: Gilmour defeating tax and page
Match of the year: Slater winning the XWF title in hell in a cell
Shock of the year: Gilmour beating page and tax

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Unknown Soldier Offline
HAIL SATAN!

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-01-2013, 08:20 AM

Biggest Asshole of the Year -- Randall Cross
Match of the Year -- Cyren vs. Tristan
Upset of the Year -- Sid Feder and Gilmour over Tax and Page
Shock of the Year -- Mark Flynn is Robert Miles
Biggest Newcomer Impact of the Year -- Sid Feder

[Image: MGncwBi.jpg]

XWF Record
56 - 20 - 1

1 (X) Universal Champion
4 (X) Xtreme Champion
1 (X) Tag Team Champion (w/ Doctor Louis D'ville)
1 (X) Anarchy Champion
2 (X) Superstar of the Month
Hall of Legends member inducted 9/27/20 at Relentless

Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

01-01-2013, 09:34 AM

Newcomer of the yr: soldier

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
RandallCross Offline
MEGA-Douche

XWF FanBase:
Classic Heel

(usually booed; often plays dirty)

01-01-2013, 11:00 AM

Biggest Asshole of the Year: Randall Cross
Match of the Year: Slater Vs. Page One {All the OOC was left where it belongs}
Upset of the Year: John Spartan Over Centurion
Shock of the Year: Robert Miles uncovered
Biggest Newcomer Impact of the Year: This one is tough cause you could consider anyone that arrived this year as a nominee. So I'm going to say Karl Cross, he dropped a lot of jaws.

JP won't let me play with you guys and I owe Sid Feder an apology that I can't deliver because JP won't let me stay in XWF. Also, I am a major douchebag. Please pass this on.
Hate Post Like Post
C Y R E N Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-01-2013, 12:50 PM

I think we could probably do...

Biggest Face of the Year
Biggest Heel of the Year

as well.
Hate Post Like Post
Hickster Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Classic Face

(usually cheered; very rarely plays dirty)

01-01-2013, 03:13 PM

Biggest Asshole of the Year -- Randall Cross

Match of the Year -- XWF War Games (Most interactive e-fed experience even with all the bullshit switching)

Upset of the Year -- Sid Feder and Gilmour over Tax and Page (fucking gilmour)

Shock of the Year -- Mark Flynn is Robert Miles

Biggest Newcomer Impact of the Year -- Unknown Soldier (aren't you still undefeated minus War Games?)

Some more category ideas:
Funniest/most WTF moment
Hate Post Like Post
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-04-2013, 02:56 AM

I been kinda joking about it in Skype chats but I'm also serious. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with whatever decisions have and have not been made. Shane handled certain situations the best way he could.

It's not a category, but should be. XWF Man of the Year: Shane
Hate Post Like Post
Unknown Soldier Offline
HAIL SATAN!

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-04-2013, 02:58 AM

(01-04-2013, 02:56 AM)Sebastian Duke Said: I been kinda joking about it in Skype chats but I'm also serious. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with whatever decisions have and have not been made. Shane handled certain situations the best way he could.

Quoted for Truth.

[Image: MGncwBi.jpg]

XWF Record
56 - 20 - 1

1 (X) Universal Champion
4 (X) Xtreme Champion
1 (X) Tag Team Champion (w/ Doctor Louis D'ville)
1 (X) Anarchy Champion
2 (X) Superstar of the Month
Hall of Legends member inducted 9/27/20 at Relentless

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Unknown Soldier's post:
(01-05-2013)
C Y R E N Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-04-2013, 02:40 PM

(01-04-2013, 02:58 AM)Unknown Soldier Said:
(01-04-2013, 02:56 AM)Sebastian Duke Said: I been kinda joking about it in Skype chats but I'm also serious. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with whatever decisions have and have not been made. Shane handled certain situations the best way he could.

Quoted for Truth.

Seconded.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes C Y R E N's post:
(01-05-2013)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

01-05-2013, 12:58 AM

An official announcement regarding this will be made soon! We may do an official awards ceremony on a live show!!!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Prof. Derek Baxter Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
Classic Face

01-05-2013, 01:12 PM

My 2 Cents on the matter...

Biggest Asshole of the Year: The Tristan Slater

For a bunch of reasons that I will not list. For the most part, Slater was the meanest, nastiest, sumbitch in the fed, and he wasn't afraid to let anybody know it. Even his closest "friends", Tax and Joseph Page, got some vicious shots from the champ.

Match of the Year: Joseph Page vs. Tristan Slater I

...and II, while we're at it. I think II could have taken the cake here, but the Flynn interruption at the end (58 minutes into a 60-man match) kinda marred the ending, not to mention, OOC-wise, I think Slater definitely got the better of Page. The 1st match, however, I thought was a lot closer, and thought that Page had it won. Judges did not agree. Still a helluva match.

Upset of the Year: Peter Gilmour/Sid Feder defeats Tax/Joseph Page

OOC-wise, it was basically Feder who ripped Page and Tax, but IC-wise, it was Gilmour who landed big moves on both big-time stars. For the majority of the year, Gilmour was considered one of the bottom feeders of the division, while Page and Tax shot towards the top. Feder was the wild card - and man, did he perform well, eventually carrying himself all the way to a Lethal Lottery win. Tax and Page was devastated by the loss, while Gilmour joined Barney Green as the most popular stars of the year.

Shock of the Year: Robert Miles Unmasked as Mark Flynn

Did ANYBODY see this coming? That's what I thought. Robert Miles was a brilliant persona, and aside from the Soda Pop debacle, it was a perfect set up to Flynn cashing in his briefcase. I don't think I've ever seen this done in an e-fed. Absolutely brilliant setup - kudos to Flynn for this one.

Biggest Newcomer Impact of the Year: ???

Not sure what exactly this means...I'm assuming this is basically the rookie of the year category. If so, just about everyone in the fed is included. If so, my vote goes to The Tristan Slater. Regardless of recent events, the man held the XWF Championship for nearly the entire second half of the year, and with promising talent all across the roster, that is a worthwhile feat.
Hate Post Like Post
Prof. Derek Baxter Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
Classic Face

01-05-2013, 01:19 PM

Other mentions:

Biggest Face of the Year: Barney Green

Damn, was there a face in the company this year? If there were, there weren't very many. However, Green was one of them, and a long-time veteran of the game. Towards his retirement, Green had developed a mass following leading into his championship match with Scorpio and Slater. It seemed like EVERYONE had donned the ol' Team Green banners at one point or another.

Biggest Heel of the Year: The Tristan Slater

The absolutely finest display of "heel"manship that I've ever seen. Think about it. Most of you people have hated Slater for quite a while now, even before the whole incident occurred. Therefore, you know that he did his job.

XWF Man of the Year: Shane

I went back and forth on several people for this one, but in the end, I HAVE to give it to . Whether he was wrong or right in the way he handled the recent events doesn't factor into my decision. Reviving a federation that was all but dead by the time he got his hands on it did factor into my decision. has his faults, as does everyone, but the way he kept the XWF chugging along deserves some recognition.
Hate Post Like Post
MarkFlynn

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-08-2013, 06:50 PM

IC: A filled in ballot slips into the box. Its owner is nowhere to be found...

"Biggest Asshole of the Year: Mark Flynn

Match of the Year: The XWF European Championship Ladder Match at Nero's Games that Mark Flynn won

Upset of the Year: Mark Flynn beating Tristan Slater for the XWF European Championship

Shock of the Year: Mark Flynn as Robert Miles

Biggest Newcomer Impact of the Year: Future Legend Jordi. FUTURE LEGEND! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP CLAP CLAP!"

OOC:

Biggest Asshole of the Year: Mark Flynn

Seriously. Who has two thumbs and started the Fourth Wall Breaking Trend that split the XWF in half?

This guy.

And he's really, really sorry about it. If you want to go for a more positive IC asshole to give an award to, I'd recommend Randall Cross

Match of the Year: The XWF Hell in a Cell Match

With Joseph Page vs Slater being an incredibly close second. Sorry, but this match gets shuffled under the carpet too easily. This match and the people involved in me made me decide to join this fed. It really was a nail biter all the way to the end and had an incredible build from week-to-week.

Upset of the Year: Gilmour shocks the world.

God damn. Everyone in this thread says how surprising Robert Miles was. Did ANYONE see this one coming? Gilmour f***ing showed up and he brought out mind-blowing stuff. Legitimately. This was the most fun upset I've seen in the game.

Props to Cross though for remembering John Spartan vs Centurion. That one was equally shocking and it's only crime was that Spartan is no longer here and most of the present roster isn't around to remember it. Shine on, you magnificent forgotten upset.

Shock of the Year: Gilmour beats Page & Tax.

Thanks for all the votes, guys. I'm incredibly proud of myself for what I did and glad you enjoyed the ride as much as I did. But I can't really vote for myself considering if you actually read my Robert Miles RPs, they don't just break the fourth wall, there is no fourth wall to be seen. And considering the current attitude towards such behavior, I don't know if such activity shouldn't be admonished rather than celebrated.

As a result, Gilmour for just kicking ass.

Biggest Newcomer Impact of the Year: Future Legend Jordi. FUTURE LEGEND! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP CLAP CLAP!

...or Joseph Page.

A lot of people would prefer to throw around different names that haven't been around the XWF as long as JP. But this was JP's first fed. And holy hell is she good.

A lot of controversy surrounds JP since the ban.

It really shouldn't though. When it came down to it, JP as an RPer was good enough to earn title shots for the biggest belt in the game within months of entering it. She's incredibly skilled and I hope at some point we have a better relationship with what is still our sister fed the WGWF so she can re-enter the doors that first brought her to the game.

2012 was a great year. In that I was in it. Congratulations for getting to see that. You're welcome.
Hate Post Like Post
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-10-2013, 04:17 AM

Biggest Asshole of the Year: n/a
Match of the Year: Soldier vs. Page (first match for US title)
Upset of the Year: Flynn winning EU title, finally toppling Tristan in a fair contest
Shock of the Year: Tyler Decker wins 3 captains match
Biggest Newcomer Impact of the Year: I have to go for Michael James. After losing in our match he's never skipped a beat and I don't know how he's still so underrated.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neonero's post:
(01-11-2013)