Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-02-2024, 07:17 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Assassins & Popes: Part II - Epic Main Event - RP 2
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

03-20-2013, 03:52 PM

OOC: Continued from previous RP.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 5:44 PM EST

Sebastian stands upright away from the wall and walks toward Silas and Asmodeus.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "I'm not asking, Asmodeus. I'm telling you. Get Benedict on the line!"

Sebastian nears and Asmodeus does as ordered. Hitting the speaker button on the phone on the table nearby, he dials up the former Pope, Joseph Ratzinger. Sebastian sits in a chair near the table. A few ring later, Joseph answers.

JOSEPH: "Hello?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Mr. Ratzinger. How are you?"

JOSEPH: "Ugh. Sebastian Duke. I hoped to not hear your voice again."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "I'm sure of it. Now that you're retired, what do they call you? Pope Emeritus? What does that even mean?"

JOSEPH: "It could mean many things. Retired soldier. Veteran. Earned. Deserved well. Served-out. I suspect though, the meaning of Emeritus is not the purpose of this call."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "You forgot a couple. Worn out. Become unfit for service."

JOSEPH: "I guess that could be used, too. At least through some eyes."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Given that fact you fathered a bastard child no one knows about... I'd say you are indeed, unfit for service."

JOSEPH: "I suppose, if that information were to become available to the open public, it would tarnish my legacy. Is that why you called? To tell me you were going to destroy my legacy?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Actually... yes. Except that's not what I had in mind. You see, I've had my Brothers do some very intense research."

JOSEPH: "Have you?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Yes, Ratzinger. Seems fitting your birth name starts with rat."

JOSEPH: "Listen, Sebastian Duke, I'm not well. I'm old. I'm tired. Could you get on with the point of this call so I may rest? It's well into the night over here in Vatican City."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Very well. The research indicates that not only is your child living here in America, it also indicates WHO your son is."

Silence from Joseph.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "You knew. You knew your son was Jonathan, didn't you?"

JOSEPH: "I will neither confirm, deny, nor discuss this matter any further."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Ohhh, you'll want to hear this. Stay on this line."

JOSEPH: "What is it Mr. Duke?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Let me ask you one question."

JOSEPH: "Alright. I'll humor you. Ask away."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Did you know, after I allowed Jonathan to live, he continued on with this plan to destroy the Brotherhood?"

JOSEPH: "I've had zero contact with the boy. I have no idea what he is up to."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Don't worry. He's safe and sound. In one of my cells."

Silence at first, from Joseph.

JOSEPH: "So.... why are you calling me? Please get to the point quickly or I will end this call."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Joseph, I just wanted to hear your reaction when I tell you this."

JOSEPH: "What? Tell me what?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "That I've just signed Jonathans death warrant... so to speak."

Glass can be heard shattering on the other end of the line.

JOSEPH: "You listen to me, Duke. And you listen good! If you so much as harm one hair on that boys head, I will open the gates of hell upon you and your Brotherhood! I will spend each and every resource I have in bringing you down!"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Try me!"

Duke ends the call.

SILAS: "Holy shit, Duke."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "HA! Holy shit, indeed, Silas! That's the only thing that comes out of that mans mouth is shit!"

ASMODEUS: "Um, Sebastian, I don't think he's bluffing."

SILAS: "I can't believe Jonathan is really his son!"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "I don't care. Let him try. He'll fail. Just like throughout the centuries, the Church has taken down every single Brotherhood in existence. Except this one. I'm not worried. We... will... survive..."

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 6:24 PM EST

Jacob takes advantage of some down time within the Compound. He was told just fifteen minutes ago that Jonathans death warrant had been signed. He wanted to have an opportunity to speak with Jonathan one on one before his untimely demise. Unfortunately, as per the rules set forth by the Leader himself, all visits to Jonathan must be accompanied by Silas. The last time someone was held captive in this building, someone indeed went down alone. That man was Jonathan. The prisoner was Griffin MacAlister.

Right now, everyone was busy with silent prayer. Including Silas. Including the Leader. So, Jacob goes down alone.

He enters the cell room and looks at Jonathan lying motionless on the bed. He leans against the wall across from the cell door.

JACOB: "Wake up! You'll have time to sleep later!"

Jacobs voice startles Jonathan awake. He rubs his eyes and sits up on the cot. His cocky smile again, creases his face.

JACOB: "We have to talk."

JONATHAN: "I've been hoping you'd come visit."

JACOB: "I want some answers."

JONATHAN: "Whatever you want, Jake. I have nothing to hide."

JACOB: "How well did you know Pope Benedict?"

JONATHAN: "Not real well. I've met him maybe ten or twelve times."

JACOB: "When was the first time?"

Jacob is obviously fishing to see if his information he researched proves correct.

JONATHAN: "I met him when I was 6 years old. In 1993, my mother and I moved to a small town near Rome. He was just named Cardinal-Bishop of Velletri-Segni. The archdiocese in that part of Italy. The premier post to have for an aspiring Pontiff."

JACOB: "What did you refer to him as?"

JONATHAN: "I don't know what you mean."

JACOB: "Joseph? Joe?....... Father?"

JONATHAN: "Uncle Joseph. He is my mothers brother. I wouldn't call him Father, he was Cardinal-Bishop at the time."

JACOB: "Your mother is dead. What year did she perish?"

JONATHAN: "1999. I don't see how that is of importance to this conversation."

JACOB: "When was the last time you met Pope Benedict in person?"

JONATHAN: "2002. He could no longer see to it that I was taken care of as he was just elected as Dean of Cardinals. Being only 15, he sent me here. He was a college professor of Asmodeus many years ago."

JACOB: "Let me turn the focus to my brother."

JONATHAN: "Jacob, I just want you to know just how sorry I truly am. When I caused that crash, I only meant to.."

JACOB: "Shut the fuck up! The fact of the matter is what you did was take my brothers life! There is wrong and there is right! There is black and there is white! No amount of apologies or Hail Marys will ever get me to see gray!"

JONATHAN: "Did you go to that hospital, Jake? Did you watch your brother die in front of you?"

JACOB: "That's not shutting the fuck up! I suggest you do so!"

JONATHAN: "What exactly will you do if I don't?"

JACOB: "You see, Your death warrant has been signed by the Leader, Jonny. I'm lobbying and lobbying hard, to be the one to drop that hammer! I got news for you Jonathan. There isn't a man in this building that doesn't want to be the one that takes your life!"

JONATHAN: "By the grace of God, I'd welcome it!"

JACOB: "Before I came down here, the Leader spoke to the former Pope Benedict."

JONATHAN: "Oh? Why is that important? Why would Duke even care to talk to him again."

JACOB: "To hear his reaction to finding out you were about to die."

Jacob goes to exit, and stands in the doorway.

JONATHAN: "Morons! Benedict knew the risk! It was a risk we were both willing to take!"

JACOB: "You really don't know do you?"

JONATHAN: "Know what? Enlighten me."

JACOB: "Jonathan, Joseph Ratzinger wasn't your uncle."

JONATHAN: "So what! He and my mother were close! Sometimes that happens! Close family friends become aunts or uncles. Even brothers or sisters!"

JACOB: "Yeah that's true. I regret to inform you, though. Mr. Benedict broke his virtuous vows of celibacy."

JONATHAN: "Bullshit! He would never do such a thing!"

JACOB: "There is one more thing I haven't mentioned."

JONATHAN: "Thank the good Lord this conversation is over. Let me have it you son of a bitch! You better hope I am dead when you try to take my life! I will kill you and make you burn for trying to tarnish his good name with lies!

"Out with it! What is this last thing you have yet to mention!?"

JACOB: "He's your father."

Jacob exits as Jonathan stands in silent shock, unsure whether what he had just heard was lies or truth.

This scene fades out.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sebastian Duke's post:
C Y R E N (03-21-2013)