Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-03-2024, 02:39 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Reflections
PaladinChrisHartt Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

03-19-2013, 10:03 PM

Here's a sunny, cold day in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Here's a suburban neighborhood, where families go about their daily lives.

Here's a street where a quiet family home sits. out in front of it are 'The Paladin' Chris Hartt and his nephew, Kevin. They talk and joke back and forth as they shovel away snow from the sidewalk and driveway.

Kevin: I hate snow. Shoveling is the worst.

Hartt: Yeah, well, it's gotta be done. And it'll really help out your mom and dad to have this all clear.

Kevin: Why do you do it? You're a guest here.

Hartt: Because your mom's my sister and I love her, so I help my family and loved ones.

Kevin: But you're leaving tonight for Detroit. Don't you wanna spend time with Mom and Dad?

Hartt: I do and I have. Right now, I want to help them out and I wanted to spend some time with you.

Kevin: Really?

Hartt: Yeah, really. You watched last week's Wednesday Warfare, right?

Kevin: Yeah..... That Sebastian Duke guy is really creepy.

Hartt: He sure is. But, he managed to get the win over me.

Kevin: Are you mad?

Hartt: No, I'm disappointed in myself a bit, but I'm ok, otherwise. There'll be another time to deal with him. This week, I'm in a big tag match.

Kevin: You're teaming with Angelus! That guy seems really awesome!

Hartt: I'm sure he is. This is really big for me. Teaming up with the guy who is the biggest thing going in this company is really important.

Kevin: What if you lose again?

Hartt: Then I try again in whatever match I have next week.

Kevin: I bet you're gonna win.

Hartt: Who knows? All I can say is that I'm gonna do my best and that's the most important thing.

Kevin: Do you want to hold the world title, Uncle Chris?

Hartt stops shoveling.

Hartt: Of course. Everyone in this company wants that. But only the best are capable of doing that. I'm still just getting started here, buddy.

Kevin: I want you to be champion.

Hartt: Keep the faith, Kevin. Time will reward us all.

Kevin: What about that Ben Crane guy? He called you a newbie.

Hartt: In this company, I am. I have my career so far and not everyone knows or cares. The important thing is, I've learned my craft and been all over doing it. Just because I'm new here doesn't diminish my abilities. Ben Crane's gonna find that out on Wednesday.

Kevin: 'Cuz you're gonna beat him?

Hartt: I'm gonna do all I can so that either me or Angelus will get the win.

Hartt sets the shovel down and stands next to his nephew.

Hartt: Winning is important, but it's best when you've worked as hard as you can to get there. It feels best when you know in your mind you've done all you can to get that victory. No cheap tactics, no shortcuts. It's all about being true to yourself and putting all your faith in your own abilities. I live that way every day. I look to every day as a chance to improve and better myself, as well ash showing the world that I'm fully capable and confident in what I do. Talking about it isn't enough. If you can't back it up, you can't live it up.

Kevin looks up to his uncle with a wry grin.

Kevin: I wanna be more like you, Uncle Chris.

Hartt: Too bad, dude. You have to be you. But you be the best you you can be. That's all anyone can hope for.

Hartt playfully tugs on Kevin's winter hat and covers the boy's eyes. Kevin laughs and grabs some snow and tosses it at Hartt. Hartt laughs and dodges the hastily thrown missile.

Hartt: Ho! Nice throw, Kevin! That one went almost went backwards!

Kevin: Oh yeah? Bring it on! Let's see what you got!

The two continue on with their snowball fight for a few moments, but then stop as Hartt relents to his younger opponent.

Hartt: Ok, you win. I give. Only becuase I have to get my stuff together and take off. It's a long drive to Detroit.

Kevin: Do you get lonely? Seems like you're always travelling and never get time to be with friends.

Hartt wraps an arm around Kevin's shoulders.

Hartt: Thanks for worrying about me. I get time with good people and never really feel alone. I'll always be around. And I'll always have time for you. Never forget that. C'mon, let's go inside so we can warm up and I can get ready to go.

The two go inside as the camera pulls back and then fades to black.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes PaladinChrisHartt's post:
(03-20-2013)