Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-01-2024, 05:17 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This place still exists, huh?
Lee Stone Offline
The first ever male lesbian!

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

09-28-2014, 11:40 PM

I love that I have an erection that didn't involve homeless people.

#JusticeForAidan

[Image: sqseht.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

10-08-2014, 06:35 AM

Sweet mullet dude!

Hate Post Like Post
Lee Stone Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

10-12-2014, 06:06 AM

You should see the rest of my hair...

Blizzard just left, huh? Aside from Shane, the only other name around here I recognize is Peter Gilmour.

Newcomer of the Month, October 2003 right here. Did you guys know that this fed is 15 years old now?

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

10-12-2014, 06:07 AM

Yep.

Barney is still here too. Sort of.

Hate Post Like Post
Cain Offline
The Last Son of Eden

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

10-12-2014, 07:22 AM

This fed outlived Waddle.net heh

[Image: Wz4kwdV.jpg]
The awesome banner was brought to you by Morbid Fuckin Angel.
Hate Post Like Post
Lee Stone Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

10-14-2014, 02:44 AM

Barney too?

Wouldn't have picked the two of them as the sole survivors of the Jon Brown regime (or the later James Raven and friends regime for that matter), but they must be doing something right if they can keep going and still enjoy it. The rest of us got old and busy with other shit.

I've been thinking about doing a couple of matches here and there just for shits and giggles, but I'm taking my time to have a look around. The style of rp that seems to succeed has changed from the days that I used to use this character in, though it's probably been more of a gradual change than I realise when I look back from the transition from Jon to Shane (and the 5 or so owners we had in between). That's not to say it's changed for the worse, it's just changed. If I play, I play for the competition, and if my style isn't the right fit then it's just not the right fed for me to play the game the way I like. I wish more people would think like that, than barge in and expect to have their dick sucked right off the back because they were a 100x World Champ in POSW (Piece of Shit Wrestling) that has no bearing on the current fed.

Keep on keeping on, fellows. It's cool to know that I played a pretty big role in something for 10 or so years, and it's even cooler to know that there are people keeping that fire burning.

Just know... I'm watching you (and that erection hasn't gone away!)

Hate Post Like Post
S.W.A.T. Offline
Some Faggot

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

10-14-2014, 04:48 AM

stan lee isn't uatu
Lee stone is

[Image: 29343a558c580a396ec62af9198f6e66.png]
made by justin sane,I added the anon masks and the scumbag hat
pin
Hate Post Like Post
Frodo mother fucking Smackins Offline
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

10-16-2014, 12:15 PM

Scorpio is still here, somewhat. He comes and goes.

[Image: ZXX7HJw.png?1]

Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

10-24-2014, 02:10 AM

(10-16-2014, 12:15 PM)Fordo Swagkins Said: Scorpio is still here, somewhat. He comes and goes.

Scorpio = Kid Money to the original gangstaz of XWF.

Stone, from what I remember about your work you'd do very well here if you adjusted only a few things. Basically cut down the RP length but still maintain a good amount of relevance to the fed and your opponent(s) throughout the week and you'd be fine. We're not big fans of huge RPs anymore because we'd rather see more individual back and forth pieces between foes through the week and feel like it's a real battle. A 6k or 8k RP should easily be able to be broken up into smaller parts and posted separately to make sure people aren't having to skim through parts or ignore parts. As the fed ages, so do the majority of handlers we attract even if they're new, and older people don't have as much time as we all had when we were young spring chickens and could sit around busting out 6k, 10k, etc RPs and everybody actually had the time to read them all. Storytelling also still does very well here as long as you're not ignoring an opponent the entire week in favor of a story, which some people had a slight issue with until I started stressing how important relevance is.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Lee Stone Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

10-24-2014, 08:28 PM

Relevance is great. Totally on board with that and it's something I started playing around with towards the end for my secondary character Kieran King (first person to win the Universal Title with 2 different characters, boom!). I agree that the rp sizes were fucking stupid as well. Changing the rp limit like you have immediately solves that problem. I feel (or felt?) comfortable writing whole, sometimes long stories, but like you said, they can get cut down and posted as separate rps. Makes trash talk more fun too! Sandbagging massive rps to the end of the week was always the bane of a fun back-and-forth battle.

Like I said, I'm not interested in jumping back in full-time anyway, and it's not like you're struggling for a roster here! Tons of activity on these boards with a varied roster, which is a bit different from some of the other feds I've kept an eye on! Keep on doing what you're doing, I'm working full-time and studying full-time right now, and the Mrs is back in New Zealand finishing off her own study, so all I'm really looking for is something to fill that little spare time I have when it's not 30+ something degrees outside (that's anywhere above 85 degrees F for you fools not in the metric system).

Also, Kid Money is still a bitch.

Hate Post Like Post