Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-02-2024, 05:20 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Anarchy Special" RP Board
"Loverboy" - Behind the Music Pt. 3
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

09-06-2014, 11:14 PM Heart  "Loverboy" - Behind the Music Pt. 3 -->

Tonight, on VH1’s Behind the Musc, the third and final installment on "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane...

We’ve covered the rise to fame of XWF megastar and rock n’ roll smash hit, “Loverboy” Vinnie Lane from his humble beginnings in Long Island, New York to learning the wrestling business from the ground up in Tampa, Florida and across the world in J-Pro Wrestling. But how did he end up in the bright lights of the XWF, the United States’ premier professional wrestling company?

Tonight, Loverboy finishes his story and gives us a look ahead into his immediate future plans.

((As before, the camera fades in to “Loverboy” Vinnie Lane sitting before a black backdrop. He seems animated, maybe even a bit agitated as he discusses further his time in Asia.))

Loverboy: My time in J-Pro was short but sweet, man. I wish I could have really taken the time to reach the top of the ranks over there, but politics are politics, you know? It was clear I was never going to be given a fair shake. I could sit here and blame Gator and his father for that, but what purpose would it serve, really? Anybody can watch one of their shows from back then and see what I’m talking about – a guy like me working his ass off in the show opener getting massive crowd reactions, and another guy main eventing while still struggling to pull off basic moves, who just so happens to be related to someone else important. It speaks for itself, dude, there’s no reason for me to harp on it. What matters now is now. Gator’s good. He’s great, even. But I’m better. You don’t see me running to Ozymandias or Paul Heyman or anybody else for help, do you?

((Looking off in the distance, Loverboy takes a moment to reflect before continuing.))

Loverboy: Look, what’s done is done. I have a career path now. I’m not a rookie breaking into the business anymore. I’m done being the guy looking up at the lights and helping put the big guys over, man. Now I’m one of the big guys. Not a lot of people can say they have a record like mine in the XWF. The Universal Champion Eli James isn’t undefeated, but I am. My opponents in my upcoming matches? None of them are undefeated. Luca Arzegotti? A part timer? It’s guys like him that make the rest of us look bad, honestly. Luca thinks he can run around solving crimes and trying to track down the Yellow King or whatever he’s doing, and just show up every six months, have a match and make some money, and then vanish again. It’s an insult to those of us who show up week in and week out to earn our shots. What could we as competitors gain from having a guy like Luca as a contender, or a champion? What could the fans gain by having an absent star who only comes in for a quick cash grab before taking off to pursue other interests? Don’t get me wrong, man, this business takes a toll. It breaks you down physically, mentally and emotionally. Not everyone can make it full time. There’s definitely no shame in not being good enough to handle the demands of being a megastar in the XWF – you either can or you can’t, you know? I definitely can, and Luca, apparently, doesn’t think he can. I don’t fault him for it, dude, I just don’t appreciate a guy like him trying to crash my party with his part time ways.

Loverboy came back to Tampa soon after leaving J-Pro, returning to his roots and reuniting with some familiar faces, as well as new friends. He found himself deeply entrenched soon enough in training newcomers to a fledgling company, Central Florida Wrestling.

It was also around this time that Loverboy reached out to his oldest friends in the business, Alex Braun and Donny Brooks, to come together in their mutual love of rock music to form a band. Casanova was born.

Loverboy: The three of us really rocked the house down in Ybor City one night, man. That place is wild every weekend, and it was a total party. You think about the heyday of glam or hair rock, like GNR at the Ritz or Motley Crue in LA, and it was just like that all over again. Tampa is a rock n’ roll town for sure, man. The goths started there, there’s a huge metal scene, and the spirit of 80s and 90s hard rock is still pumping alive and well there too. Me and Donny and Alex lit up the clubs and then spent every night after every show with different chicks – a lot of college girls from USF and UT and that kind of thing. Beach babes on Spring Break, Spanish girls who didn’t speak a lick of English, sweet little Southern belles gone bad, you know? It was just like that old David Lee Roth video for California Girls, man.

((Scene shift to Donny Brooks, sitting before a similarly black backdrop.))

Donny: It’s good times, brother. We three definitely go out and put on a show. I always loved the drums, growing up in Ireland it was always me making a racket in the marching band. As a wrestler I kept my hair cropped short, too, so now it’s a cool chance to really let it all grow out and represent the gingers like a slightly worse Dave Mustaine, ha ha ha.

((Shift to Alex Braun, again, before the black backdrop.))

Alex: I had to learn how to play the bass for the band. I’ve never been a musician before. Wrestling was always my one true calling, but, after years of breaking my back in the ring it’s cool entertain fans in a different way. All the girls are a bonus, too, though Vinnie hogs all the good ones. Singers, right?

((Back to Loverboy, who is taking a deep gulp of water from a plastic bottle. After chugging what seems like half of the bottle in one swallow, he wipes his mouth with a gloved hand and goes on.))

Loverboy: Casanova is a lot of fun, and it’s a great way to let of steam, man. Like I said before, the wrestling business is killer. You have to have an outlet, you know? Not like Luca and making his hobby his main focus, I mean, but you have to have something. For me, and for the rest of the guys, the band is a side project, something for fun. I think for Luca, the XWF is the side project. Wrestling is Luca’s hobby, whereas for me it’s my main priority.

((Loverboy takes another long sip of water, finishing off the bottle and tossing it behind him.))

Loverboy: You know, it’s funny when people try to tear me down as some sort of cheap gimmick, dude. They think the hair and the clothes and the music are just a character for some cheap heat and pops from the crowd when my entrance hits, but this is who I am, man. I’m not a phony like Luca, or like Aidan Collins or Pest either. These guys are all representative of the old guard, the top dogs from yesterday still trying to cling to their past glory, man. XWF is about the youth gone wild, you know? This place is about the hungry guys at the bottom clawing their way to the top. Fat cats like Blizzard and Luca, they need to step aside gracefully and stop wasting everyone’s time on holding on to something they can’t handle anymore.

In July of 2014, Loverboy finally got the call he had been waiting for since he was four years old. The X-treme Wrestling Federation, casting a wide net and bringing in a mass of fresh faces from around the world – including Gator in J-Pro – offered Vinnie Lane a contract.

What would happen next would set the stage for one of the most memorable upsets in wrestling history, and would cement “Loverboy” Vinnie Lane as a perennial top tier talent and title contender.

Loverboy: When I first got the call, I was totally in shock, dude. Paul Heyman? THAT Paul Heyman? Calling me? I mean, this was it! This was the main event! This is where I wanted to be all those years I spent toilig away on the mid and undercards, and my hard work was going to pay off, finally. No way was I going to turn down that offer, and no way was I gonna do anything less than make the most of it.

“Loverboy” Vinnie Lane made an inauspicious XWF debut, teaming with another newcomer, Socrates, in what many would consider a throwaway match with Bobby Zi and LH Harrison, but it opened the eyes of many both inside the ring and in the front offices as well.

The speed at which Loverboy was booked into contendership matches was extraordinary, finding himself booked in a championship match at his very first pay per view appearance, Vinnie Lane made the most of it when he overcame the odds and defeated legendary XWF performers Sebastian Duke, Enigma, and recent Universal Champion Azrael Erebus. The shockwaves were felt throughout the XWF universe when Loverboy pinned the icon Duke in the middle of the ring and had his hand raised and his championship title handed to him.

Loverboy: I’m not gonna lie, man, that match had the butterflies in my stomach going a million miles a minute, dude. Those guys are the best of the best, and just being in the same ring as them so soon was a compliment and a testament to the hard work I’d already shown to the XWF brass. Was there a little controversy over who the legal man was when I made the pin? Yeah, sure, but that’s still a legend that I put down for the count, man. And the fallout between me and Zoey is one of the most compelling angles in the business right now. Same with the beef between me and Pest, and the big match coming up at Madness. Right now, all the roads go through Loverboy.

((Loverboy smiles from ear to ear, nodding his head along to his thoughts and looking like a kid in a candy store. Without losing any of his exuberance, he goes on.))

Loverboy: You know, it takes a lot more than dashing good looks, a mellifluous voice, and a body that doesn’t quit to make it in both wrestling and rock n’ roll, dude. It takes a lot of heart, a lot of soul, and a hell of a lot of training and preparation. I’m here, I’ve gotten to where I want to be, the XWF, and I’m not going anywhere. But am I satisfied yet? No way, man. I’m never gonna stop being hungry. I’m going to be one of the best this company has ever seen, and it’s my goal to one day headline pay per views and hold the Universal Championship. My next step in that direction is Monday Madness, overcoming the odds once again and walking out with my head held high after beating another hungry newcomer, a reigning singles champion and a top level name in a fatal fourway match. After that? I’ve still got Zoey to deal with, and I’m sure I’ll be successfully defending the Trios Championship afterwards. Then, who knows? Pest is a possibility, as is going for Gator’s or Mastermind’s title. I’d love to be the X-Treme Champion, defending my title every single day. I’d love to win every title in the XWF and solidify myself as one of the best ever. That’s been my dream for as long as I could walk and talk, man, and that’s still the dream today. Tune in and watch it come true.

Will “Loverboy” Vinnie Lane accomplish his dreams of one day being Universal Champion and cementing his name in the annals of XWF history?

Only time will tell, but one thing is for sure, Loverboy is here to rock.

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
Gator (09-07-2014), Peter Fn Gilmour (09-07-2014)