Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-09-2024, 10:24 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Student Surpasses The Teacher
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

09-29-2014, 06:17 AM

Sunday, September 28, 2014 – 10:35AM EST – The Compound, Old Saybrook, Connecticut

CAIN: "May I speak with you?"

ENIGMA: "Of course."

Brother Cain Arkham. The third member of the newly reformed Brotherhood. The future of the XWF and in roughly three days a possible number one contender to the Universal Title. The pupil surpassing the teacher? Maybe.

CAIN: "Thank you. I wanted to speak with you about my upcoming match on Wednesday."

ENIGMA: "I figured you might."

Since joining The Brotherhood Cain has been undergoing intense training both physically and mentally to help him become more than what he is. Cain's strength physically is undeniable. But until he is able to get a handle on the mental side of what it is we do he will continue to be a liability to himself and to The Brotherhood. His training has progressed well, he is continuing to make strides. What he did to Sacrelidge at Relentless was an example of that. He had Sacreldige beat, the match was over, he could have walked away the victor. Instead he decided to focus all his energy, all his rage at Sacreldige and remove the man's heart. A bit of overkill? Perhaps but the simple fact that Cain waited until after the match to do this is an example of his continued progression towards the monster that Sebastian wants him to become.

CAIN: "Would you like to talk here or somewhere else?"

ENIGMA: "Let's take a walk outside, the weather is nice and after spending an hour in that dank, depressing room with Steve Davids I could use some fresh air."

CAIN: "As you wish."

Cain and I walked up from the basement, through the halls of The Compound and outside. The weather truly was fantastic. Sunny and high seventies. If better weather exists I'd love to see it.

ENIGMA: "Is everything ok Cain?"

"It seems as though something is weighing heavily upon you."

"Is that an accurate assessment?"

CAIN: "Yes it is."

"I am concerned about my match on Wednesday."

ENIGMA: "Why is that?"

"It is a match just like any other."

"In fact I would say that this match is an excellent test for you."

CAIN: "It is?"

"Why do you say that?"

ENIGMA: "Because this match will force you to adapt on the fly. ."

"You did an excellent job last week but it was not enough."

"You put in the work all week but you need to do more. That being said, you will need to remain focused at all time. You can not let your rage get the better of you."

CAIN: "It won't."

ENIGMA: "I believe that."

"You have made great strides since we have been training together but there are some things you need to understand before entering the ring with Blizzard for a second time. ."

CAIN: "Please share."

ENIGMA: "While you may be a part of The Brotherhood and an important part of it's future and a possible contender to the Universal Title you can not allow that to cloud your judgement. You can not let it distract you."

"Blizzard will do everything he can to beat you. His strategy worked last week and from the looks of things he may be trying that same strategy again"

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

CAIN: "Yes, his strategy frustrates me."

"But I think I can combat it this time."

ENIGMA: "You think or you know?"

CAIN: "I know."

ENIGMA: "I hope so, for your sake."

CAIN: "I welcome the challenge."

ENIGMA: "Good. You should. It will be another step for you."

CAIN: "May I ask a question?"

CAIN: "What will my standing be in The Brotherhood after this match?"

ENIGMA: "Your standing within The Brotherhood is not up for discussion."

"When Sebastian brings someone into his Brotherhood it is not the same as when someone is inducted into a social club."

"The Brotherhood is a way of life. Once you have been brought it you are here for life. Unless you name is Peter Gilmour."

CAIN: "Peter Gilmour? What does he have to do with The Brotherhood?"

ENIGMA: "Believe it or not Peter Gilmour was once a member of The Brotherhood."

Cain flashes me a look of both disgust and surprise.

CAIN: "How can that be?"

ENIGMA: "When the previous incarnation of The Brotherhood was formed it was done so under the direction that the members bring about the destruction of The Black Circle. And no one hated The Black Circle more than Peter Gilmour."

CAIN: "Why?"

ENIGMA: "I'd assume jealousy."

"The Black Circle was everything Peter Gilmour was not. Especially John Madison. Peter hated John Madison. In fact he hated him all the way up to the minute that John Madison helped him win the tag team titles."

CAIN: "But even still, Peter Gilmour?"

ENIGMA: "Sebastian is an excellent talent evaluator, for every Peter Gilmour there was a Griffin MacAlister, Tony Santos and Steve Davids. But as good as Sebastian is, he is not perfect. He will be the first to admit that, though he will do so quietly and not within earshot of anyone important."

"Say what you want about Peter Gilmour but he has won a lot in his time. Not so much recently but he has won more than you or I have. But this is not about the past, or Peter Gilmour "

"This is about Cain Arkham and his place within The Brotherhood."

"Sebastian brought you in because he saw something very special in you."

CAIN: "What is it?"

ENIGMA: "Himself."

"Sebastian saw a younger version of himself, not as polished mind you but with all the tools necessary to become just like him."

CAIN: "High praise."

ENIGMA: "Yes it is."

"All the more reason for you to see this upcoming match as a test and nothing more."

"For the next several days that match is your sole focus. Doing what you need to to win the match is your priority."

"Blizzard is not an easy opponent and he will use everything he learned last week against you."

CAIN: "And I will do the same."

ENIGMA: "I should expect nothing less."

"In fact, I demand nothing less, both as your teacher and as a fellow member of The Brotherhood."

"I want to see the very best from you at all times. You can win this match you just need to remain focused."

"Now, if you have some anger you want to work out between now and the match so that you lose your cool on Wednesday, Steve Davids is still locked in the dungeon and will be for a while. Feel free to pay him a visit. In fact he might enjoy getting another visitor besides just me."

Cain cracks a smile for the first time in likely...ever. Who knew the man responsible for murder here on Earth actually has a sense of humor.

CAIN: "What is to become of Davids?"

ENIGMA: "I honestly don't know the answer to that."

"Sebastian wanted him brought back here."

"What happens with him and when is up to Sebastian and him alone."

"But in the meantime if you want to extract a little payback for all the nonsense the Alliance pulled at your expense, well than who am I to stop you."

CAIN: "I am not sure that stepping into a room with him is a good idea."

ENIGMA: "Controlling yourself is all part of it."

"If you can walk in there and smack him around a little bit without ripping his throat out...well than I'd call that a win."

CAIN: "What if I break a few limbs?"

ENIGMA: "Not recommended."

"Sebastian may have uses for Steve and those limbs may come in handy."

"But if Sebastian does decide to leave Davids to the wolves I promise, can lead the pack."

Cain does not reply instead he nods his head in tacit approval.

CAIN: "May I ask one final question?"

CAIN: " What is the relationship between The Black Circle and The Brotherhood?"

"You and Sebastian of both factions but I am only a member of The Brotherhood. Why is that?"

ENIGMA: "That's a loaded question. And one that really is not that big of a deal. I wouldn't take it as some slight. Especially considering how utterly useless The Black Circle is anymore. I don't really consider The Black Circle to be anything more than an echo of the past. The Brotherhood is the way of the future."

CAIN: "May I ask a follow up question?"

ENIGMA: "Yes."

CAIN: "In my limited experience Sebastian and John Madison do not seem to get along, is that an accurate assessment?"

ENIGMA: "John and Sebastian have a rather complicated relationship."

"Why that is I have no idea, you would have to get that information from Sebastian."

"But John, like all men who believe themselves to be great suffer from paranoia. John sees Sebastian as a potential threat to his leadership of The Black Circle."

CAIN: "I thought Shane was in charge of The Black Circle?"

ENIGMA: "It's complicated but what you need to understand is that in the arena of the XWF, John Madison calls the shots."

CAIN: "But again you and Sebastian are not just members of The Brotherhood you are also members of The Black Circle."

ENIGMA: "I have no allegiance to John Madison. I was brought into The Black Circle at Shane 's request not John's."

"And since I was brought in John has kept me at arms length, for all intents and purposes I was nothing more than a body he could dispatch when he wanted something done."

"So at the end of the day my loyalties lie with my brother, not with an mentally deranged John Madison."

CAIN: "I understand."

"Now if you will excuse me, Sebastian wanted to meet with me."

ENIGMA: "Very well."

Cain Arkham, future of The Brotherhood and potential number 1 contender to the Universal Title, that is assuming he can do this week what he failed to do last and that is to finish what he started.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post