Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 02:17 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 2 (August 23rd) PPV RP Archive
Psychedelia, Portlandia
Jessie-ica Diaz Offline
Only to find it again.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

08-23-2014, 08:20 AM

Brrrring!

That's the sound of my phone's stereotypical ring tone as it vibrates along the coffee table it was left at. Ringing constantly and continuing to do so as I leave it be, hoping that it vibrates its way off the table and crashes onto the floor. Meanwhile, I sit on the couch of this hotel room (I think), head tilted backward enough to look up at the ceiling, and swim in the vast sea of colors surrounding me. Numb to anything else. No tangible figures cross my eyes no, just vague outlines in black contrasting against the vibrant whites, greens, and blues swirling around on the ceiling though as I continue to watch them, I start to think back and realize something.

I have no idea how I got here. How the fuck did that happen?

I start to blink rapidly, hoping that if I do, the colors would fade and that would somehow get me closer to solving this new mystery. Now, of course when it came time for execution neither thing happened; if anything the colors grew brighter and thicker, seeming to swallow the black border lines whole in a matter of milliseconds.

Where was I?

My brain still wracks itself trying to come up with the answer to that question without any progress. All I know is that I'm here and the colors are definitely going to attack. That's what they're doing, swirling around the ceiling like vultures around the rotting corpse of a deer. Vultures eat dead deer, right? Of course they do, why wouldn't they? They're waiting for me to turn my head, for me to lose my concentration for a single moment and when I do, they'll swarm. Converge on me with intention of ripping my body to shreds.

I raise my arm up to the ceiling, as if ready to fight back against sentient colors, only to feel like something's stuck in it. Arching my arm so that I can see both it and the swarm of my impending demise, I see sticking out of the flesh; a needle. A fucking syringe jammed up in my arm, which is likely the cause for the numbness and memory loss, though what it has to do with the colors is beyond me. Normally, I'd think that was connected too, but there's something about them that makes that theory seem, unlikely. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, though it's definitely there and incredibly prevalent.

Then it starts to speak.

Yes, the mass of colors begin to speak some incomprehensible gibberish. All in unison, hundreds of voices join as one to speak in a low, demonic rumble that tenses me up and makes me yearn to get up and leave. Their swirling intensifies, almost if they were forming a tornado right above me, making the walls shake violently and almost forcing me off the couch. In response, I grip the cushions as hard as I can, hoping that it doesn't get any stronger than it already is.

However, the voices begin to get more powerful, splitting into four groups, each spouting out one syllable.

Jay Dead Sigh Sus.

Over and over and over again. Boring into my brain through my eardrums and making me scream. However, as the twisted round continues, I start to make out what it is they're saying.

Jay Dead Sigh Sus.

Jaded Sigh Sus.

Jaded Seises.

I know what that means.

And so, I shake my head and reach for the phone, looking up all the while, just to make sure the colors were benign. Bringing it up to my face, I see the messages reading one missed call and new voicemail, and after a few assorted clicks and swipes, I press it up to my ear to hear the message left for me.

"I hope you weren't enjoying your vacation too much, Jessie. There's something we need you to do."

And end. That was it.

I place the phone in my lap and continue looking up as the colors begin to fade, yanking the empty syringe out of my arm and laying it on the coffee table.

It looks like I'm not completely off the hook. Yet.
Edit Hate Post Like Post