Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:14 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 1 (August 22nd) PPV RP Archive
McKayla... Where Are You?
Zoey Ryback Offline
--The Original Daughter of Destruction--

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

08-22-2014, 11:27 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phoenix, Arizona, Present Day

Friday, the beginning of XWF's three day wrestling event, as crowds pack the parking lot for the XWF's pregame show, a sense of community falls across the stadium. Fans coming from far and wide to meet their favourite stars who week in and week out give their all for the fans. All throughout the crowd is music, cheering, autograph booths, and for some reason people pouring ice buckets on each other. But far away from the festivities of the day, something else is in the air. The camera pans away, floating over the city, passed the buildings and out onto the sand. Smoke stacks can be seen in the distance, passed a set of old warehouses. We settle in finally as the camera circles one of the many abandoned factories, Five stories, the pillars are cracking and parts of the building have been chipped off, revealing the rebar skeleton. We can see two men standing on the roof, almost like a parking deck, they lean over the side, looking down at a set of cars rolling up into the lot. The two JV Agents, Zeke Tryton, and Drake Williams.

Zeke Tryton - "So how sure are you that this is going to work?"

Drake Williams - "I'm very sure."

"If your going through all this trouble, we might be able to just put an end to this right here."

"No, Five said he definitely needs to bring this girl in, we have no other choice."

Zeke nods his head, lighting a cigarette and looking down at the men now getting out of their cars, a group of Russian mobsters.

"What about everyone else?"

"Collateral has never been an issue for anyone, it really doesn't matter. So long as we open that window."

Zeke nods

"This operation of yours is going to make alot of noise, if we drop the ball this could go south in a big way."

"Thats why neither of us will be dropping the ball, this is as straightforward as it gets, we are only going to get this one shot. He sent us everything we needed, now all we need is perfect execution."

Zeke notices the Russians are packing alot of firepower, he ashes his smoke and signals for Drake to take notice.

"What you want to do about these guys, they are definitely turning into quite the wild-cards."

"It looks like Mr. McBride is walking into a trap, should be fun to watch."

"What if they kill them?"

Drake smiles to himself momentarily, considering the fact that the Russians do have enough firepower to possibly end this entire plan.

"How long has it been since you put in work?"

Zeke smiles.

"Not too long."

"Well what do you say we help Zoey and the gang out a bit."

Zeke nods his head, a smile still painted on his face, he mashes the cigarette butt against the edge of the building and the two men step off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rolling out into the desert, something in the back of my head doesn't feel quite right. After getting the low-down on what the deal was from Michael, the only thing I really understood about what we were doing was running a bit of security. Unless something bigger was going down I didn't understand why they needed the three of us driving out into the desert to meet with these guys. Michael assured us that it would just be a drop, pick up the money and head back. But there was something, like a thorn in my side, telling me there was somehow alot more to this than he was telling us. I sat in the backseat with Kayla, Michael and Nick in the front, I kept looking at him, because really, as much as Nick said we could trust the IRA I didn't. The two cars behind us, the look in Michael's eye, I could see it when he would check his rearview. Why did he look like he was mentally preparing, why did we need so many men? McKayla was playing around on her phone, I tapped her on the shoulder, she needed to focus up.

Zoey Ryback - "Hey, your head in this Kay?"

She tucked her phone into her pocket, nodding her head.

McKayla Ryback - "Yeah, I'm fine, just a little nervous."

"You know I didn't want you out here, its a fucked up situation. I just need to know you've got a good head, right?"

"Yeah, I got it. Its just new to me, you know?"

"I know, but just stay calm, remember to think, no matter what is happening you have to be able to think."

"Yeah, but this isn't like, a bad situation is it? We're just going there and coming back."

I knew something else was up, but to keep her calm I knew I Couldn't tell her that, I hesitated a minute, shouldn't have done that.

"Ye-- Yeah. Its gonna be fine, but whatever happens, just stay close to me alright?"

She raises her eyebrows, worried, I rubbed her head playfully and smiled wanly. I looked to the front seat where Nick had been listening to the conversation, I Could tell he knew something was up too, but we both knew we had to keep her mind off it until it happened.

Nick Cagero - "So McKayla, do you really think you can get us that information? From the cloud servers I mean.

She instantly perks up.

"Yeah I can get it, its just a matter of breaking through the firewall, its easy to get data if its in the process of streaming, but as far as stuff thats already stored on the server, its going to take time, at least I'll be able to tap you in so you can run sort of... a scanner I guess? Just to see what they are up to."

The more McKayla talked, I was actually kind of impressed that my little sister knew so much about what she was talking about. I hadn't even known her to be... the "Hacker" type of person. She did spend alot of time on the computer though so really, what should I have expected.

"Well how long do you think it will take before we have enough to take public?"

"I dont know, if they are as serious as you say they are the entire process might take some time. You think that just making information like that open to the people is going to hurt them enough to make them stop what their doing?"

Michael McBride - "Didn't seem to work the last time."

"Thats why we're here now, because its going to take more, alot more.

Mike nodded his head.

"And how much Irish Blood is going to have to be sacraficed for this goal of yours, ay?"

A Reasonable question.

"Listen Michael, if this could go any other way, believe me we would be more than happy to make it happen, but as it seems right now, we are being pushed to an extreme we don't really want. Whatever the cost is all of us are going to have to pay something."

I saw him looking in the rearview mirror, at McKayla sitting next to me, he looked at her, and then at me.

"How much are you willing to pay lass?"

I nodded my head, looking at the floorboards, I knew what he meant, but No, I wasn't going to pay as much as he was eluding to."

"Everything I can stand to give, Michael. Trust me when I Say I never wanted any of this for myself."

"Well, its been a long time coming, it will help out alot of people out here if the government would take their fingers out of our business."

As we rounded the corner, a set of smoke stacks could be seen at the end of the road, along with a bunch of run down buildings, looked like no one had been out here in a long time. The skeletons of old trailors, large stone structures lining the sides of the road, almost like tombstones to the industrial park that used to be out here. Michael rolled down the window and signalled for the convoy to pull over. I looked at Nick a bit confused, Nick shook his head, don't ask questions. We stepped out of the cars as Michael addressed his men.

"Alright guys, this ain't gonna be easy, I need 5 minutes to get everything in play, make sure they are where they need to be, if you see the red flare blow off, swing in as fast as you can."

McKayla pulled at my shirt.

"Zoey what are we doing?"

"Uhh I dont know."

Michael popped the back of the SUV open, since we had been riding there had been a large box in the back of the truck, covered by a sheet, I hadn't asked questions about it. He pulled the sheet off to reveal a weapons box, he punched a code into the panel and the metal case popped open. Sliding forward was a platform tiered from smallest to biggest. At the top were three assault rifles, an M4, an M27-IAR, and an AEK-971, I liked holo-scopes so I grabbed the AEK. Nick picked up the IAR and Michael grabbed his M4.

"uhhh okay... what do I get? Good intentions?"

"As devastating as Good Intentions are little lady, I Think your going to need something that packs a little more of a punch."

The next tier of weaponry is submachine guns, a P90, PP-2000 and UMP-45 lined up in holsters. Michael grabs the P90 and checks it over, it has a ACOG scope, and a foregrip, the pattern on the sides is kind of a tiger stripe.

"This seems to fit, low recoil, 50 round clip, should be easy to get used to even if we get into a messy situation."

He throws the weapon to McKayla is catches it out of the air. She puts it to her shoulder and looks down the sight.

"Hows it feel?"

"Its really light, I like the design on it."

"Well it shoots fast, you might have a problem hanging onto it if your not ready."

"I think I got it Nick, I'm not a dumbass."

Michael laughs as he spins his finger in the air, saddle up.

"McKayla, nows not the time to try and be a badass, I need to know you've got this."

We jump into the truck and she looks off for a moment, thinking about the situation, she turns to me, nodding her head.

"Yeah, I got this."

"Alright Mike, I think its time you told us exactly what we are walking into."

"It would appear your right, I might have used a little bit of deception when asking you to come on this little errand of mine. The Russians, have begun to make it a little bit more trying in recent months than we would like. This is the only time I'm going to be able to make it to this side of the country to make sure that this is handled the best way possible, and now here we are, the Russians believe they are walking into an arms deal, called in some of the heads of the ring here in Phoenix, as well as Las Vegas, big money is on the table right now, that coupled with the fact that none of these men are walking away from this meeting, should set the IRA above them in a big way."

I Fucking knew it.

"So your walking us into a shoot-out with a set of Russians? Not just any Russians, the ring leaders? Michael, you definitely like to play shit too close to the chest."

"Wouldn't have it any other way Lass."

We rolled around the corner onto a dirt path leading to a tall building, its walls breaking under the pressure of terrible up-keep. The windows had been all broken out, the metal lining the outside walls were rusted, peices of the rebar poked out through the cracks in the stone. Around the back of the building were a line of vehicles, a single man stood at the front of the convoy, a machine gun at his side. He signalled for us to stop, and to follow him, he began walking before the three of us could get out of the car.

"Okay guys, safety's off, stay frosty."

Right, Frosty.

"McKayla....

She looked up at me, I knew what I wanted to say... But for some reason I didn't. I rubbed the back of her head and opened the door. Michael snatches his backpack from the center of the two of us and gets out. The man lead us to the second story of the building. Where there was an old elevator, a generator had been started to put juice back into the lines of the old building. He pushed the gate open and all of us stepped into the elevator, it was another three stories to the roof. The Russian pushed the button and as the elevator began to move Michael grabbed the man from behind, forcing a switchblade into his neck, there was a moment of struggle before the man fell against the ground. Nick and Michael nodded at each other, knowing that if it wasn't before, it was officially go time. I felt my heart begin to pound, and I saw McKayla's fingers tighten around the weapon. As we reached the roof, I could see them, four Russians standing in the center, briefcases in hand. Michael pushed the gate open and stepped out onto the roof.

"What you say Visili? What do you say?"

The Russian seemed a bit surprised, as well as the men standing around him, noticing their man on the floor of the elevator, a pool of blood growing quickly around him. Michael leads us, stearnly and confindently walking towards the four men standing in the center of the roof.

Visili - "Michael McBride, I think you and I both know what needs to be said."

"Mother Russia doesn't own this part of the states anymore, aye? This is My Country."

"Once again Michael, your drunking arrogance will get you into more trouble than your ready for I think."

"Michael Hold up."

Nick whispers, but its too late, the stairs on either side of the roof open. Men pouring from the darkness, guns drawn and aimed directly towards us. Within a few seconds the number of Russians on the roof goes from Four, to Twenty almost instantaneously. McKayla goes to raise her weapon but I catch it midway, forcing it back to her side.

"I knew it was far fetched that Michael McBride himself would come all this way into the desert, for such a small amount of money, I knew there was something about your operation that wasn't quite right. And now look, you've gotten your friends, as well as yourself, Killed."

My heart sinks, and I feel sick to my stomach, looking around at the barrels of the weapons now pointed at us, I grip McKayla's hand. But then I Hear it, a soft rumble in the distance, the sound of some type of engine. As it gets closer, everyone begins to hear it too, the crowd looks around in all directions. But then I catch it, my vision zooms... a Predator Drone. I tap Nick on the shoulder and point it out. I look around to see everyone is still pre-occupied, I shove McKayla to the ground.

"NOW!"

I dive, lying as flat on the ground as I can pumping out rounds as fast as I can, Nick does the same, but Michael charges forward, spraying directly at Visili, and the men standing around him, they dont have a chance. Nick fazes, to the set of men on the right, grabbing the first's weapon and throwing it, the force sticks it through the chest of the next man in the row, with an uppercut he sends the kid flying over the edge of the building. The stairways are behind a stone railing on Nick's side, I grab McKayla and run, throwing her down just as bullets skip off the ground all around us. Both of us Blind fire over the top of the railing, trying to give Nick and Michael as much cover as we can. Then I hear it, a soft pop sound, I raise my head over the railing, I am suddenly terrified, the Predator Drove just fired.

"INCOMING!!!!"

The missile collides with the floor just below us, rocking the entire building and sending the shockwave up the stairs, smoke, and flames along with it. I grab McKayla and throw her over the railing. The force from the explosion had knocked everyone off their feet. McKayla is quick to recover, spraying rounds towards the men on the other side of the Roof, dropping them quickly. We have almost evened the odds in a couple of seconds. I look to the drone, which is now swooping back around. Michael and Nick are quick to finish off whats left of the Russian threat. Michael pulls the flare gun out of his pack and fires it into the air, a streak of red.

"The Drones Coming Back around we have to get the fuck off this roof!"

"No Time Cover!"

I hear it again, the soft pop, I push McKayla to the ground and lay ontop of her, but again the drone strike hits the floor beneath us, its not going for us, its trying to take down the building.

"We have to get the fuck out of here!

Its then I see it, a Helicopter, a UH-60 Helicopter rising from behind the smoke stacks.

"Michael Is That Us!?"

He shakes his head, I reload my weapon, slamming another clip into it as the helicopter makes its approach. As it begins to circle I can see two men standing inside, one on a computer, and the other looking down at us, at me. His short hair blowing to the side, a denim vest almost like mine, he smiles at me. Who the fuck is this guy? The drone is coming around for another pass, Nick grabs me and we run for the stairs, but another rocket slams into the side of the building, and its finally had enough, the building shakes and rumbles, knocking all of us to the ground. I hear a loud groaning, the metal skeleton has finally given way, the roof itself cracks, crashing downwards on the far side, forming something of an incline. Michael begins to slide, then Nick, I grab Nick's hand and Michael grabs his foot, the building beneath us sways. Knocking Michael loose, he slides into the smoke from the crumbling building, its then I turn, McKayla is standing at the edge of the roof, trying to keep her balance as the building falls under her. The helicopter swoops low, the man matches eyes with me once again, a smile, and suddenly a cable, a chord wraps around McKayla's weist. And it all seems to turn to slow motion, She screams as the chopper snatches her off the roof, My vision narrows now, and all I can see his McKayla, reaching out for me. I flash forward, reaching my hands out, but its not enough, the chopper pulls just out of reach, and I find myself looking down at a five story fall. I'm sorry McKayla... Im so sorry. As I begin to fall I feel it, a hand on the back of my vest, Nick Caught me. The building rears up beneath us, crashing us down one story, then another. Nick holds on with everything he has but finally he's shaken loose. The last thing I remember, is the ground.

"Come On Zoey! We Have to Get Out Of Here!"

As the world slowly fades back in I hear Nick's voice, though muffled, through the ringing in my ears, I can still make out what he's saying. McKayla, where the hell are you? I'm confused momentarily, but then it hits me. She's gone.

"McKayla!!! Nick We Can't We Have to Go--"

"Zoey She's gone! McKayla is Gone, we have to get out of here!"

I can't see through the tears in my eyes, Nick grabs me around my weist and throws me into the backseat of the car, I Failed you McKayla, I fucking Failed You. And now what do I have? What Can I do? What Am I Fighting For?

McKayla... Where Are You?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- The Shoot --

The shot fades in to a shot of Zoey and Nick sitting at a Laptop, Zoey's hands tremble as the cigarette burns slowly, the ash is long, she hasn't hit it in a long time, the screen scrolls on the find my phone program, in it sits Zoey's Sisters phone number, this will allow them to track her. Zoey takes a hit of the cigarette and turns to the camera.

"What does it take to put your entire life into perspective? An act of god, thats what. For many of us this never comes, but this week I was met with an undeniable truth, that someday, I am going to fail. I am going to let everyone I know and Love down. And it has effected me more and more every second I think about it. The fact that I have lost now, the fact that there is nothing left to lose, paints a very vivid picture in my head. Where most men would walk into that ring with a sense of purpose, I seem to have lost mine. So what does someone like me do now? Does she just brush it off and carry on? Or does the things she's learned through the unnecessary cruelties of life make her unable? Make her wish for things normal people wouldn't? I'm walking into a match this week, and really I'm not even sure why anymore. The men standing with me, against me, all have something they believe in, something they are fighting for. But now that my reason has been stripped away, what am I even doing? What is the purpose in someone like me? I can only think of one thing, I need to let this out. I need to get things back to the way they were before.

How I can even stand here and still talk about this, is beyond me, there is so much at stake now. So high of a price sits on this table. And for me to have to worry about something other than that is ludicrous. But I have to, so here I am, Ladies and Gentlemen, I am Zoey Ryback. A Professional Entertainer with the XWF, and this week I am coming with one purpose, to move these people out of the way, I need time, I need to make space. And if the only way I can do that is to take apart the people in that ring, then I guess I will. Azrael Erebus, Enigma, and Sabastian Duke, three men who have held so many titles here in the XWF, and for some reason just has so much to say. But let me tell you something that I've have come to understand about this company, about this business, is we can say anything we want, we can do so much, but as long as its outside of that ring, what does it really matter when it comes to this company? You all can say you've seen a struggle, you've seen your battles and you've fought them. But the difference between yours and mine is this, you really could have cared less, because you came out every week like it didn't even bother you.

I can say that my mind isn't in this anymore, my mind can't be. There is more going on out here, than there is in that ring. And if I have to walk out there and get this out of the way then I guess I have to fulfill my obligation. I wont be coming there for those belts, for the wellbeing of Vinny or Lucena. Because truthfully, after everything has been put in vivid perspective, I can't see that gold meaning as much as whats really at stake now. As far as I'm concerned you can fucking have it, its all yours, Triples Tag doesn't seem like its that prestigious anyways. I look at the three of you standing across that ring and I See three men lost in a delusion, lost in their own bullshit. So no Azrael, I'm not going to go through mountains of tape to find out who the fuck you are, because really, I could give a shit. To me you come across as just another fucked up charactor, you've got all this power at your finger tips and what the fuck do you use it for? Taking Gold here in the XWF, when you could be changing the fucking world? Your fucking Pathetic. Fancy yourself a god all you want but at the end of the day your just some schmuck who likes to do cheap parlor tricks for these pretty girls, its fucking Tacky.

And You Enigma, take off the fucking mask and face what you have to worry about while looking it in the eyes. Trust me when I say that now, I have something of an aggression problem to work off, and I would much rather do that while looking my opponent in the face. But like I said, the mask won't help too much, when I'm laying into you. But thats just another lesson your going to have to learn. There isn't much time left, but I need you to understand whats coming. Whether or not I walk out of there with the belts doesn't really matter, but showing the three of you that you aren't as good as you think you are is going to be something I Might take a little bit of pleasure in, maybe too much pleasure. I look at the three of you and I am udderly disgusted. I need to stop though, I need to think, between you Enigma, and you Azrael, how can I take the last member of your team seriously? Sebastian Duke?

You've all held gold here, you all have a name here, and to me it seems pointless. The three of you seem to want everyone to believe in something, believe you are more than just men. But your not, Call me stupid Azrael, call me nieve, but I dont care. Not anymore, your words are hollow, and if it wasn't for the fact that I need to put something out, I wouldn't be here talking about them at all. The men I'm standing with are no better, Loverboy, and Clean? Clean? You guys do have a point when you said that we definitely are quite the miss matched team, how it was that the three of us were even considered for this is beyond me. I have nothing in common with either of these men, nothing, not a damn thing, they weren't even sure if I was going to show up this week, I guess it goes to show how much faith people really have in me. Which is why I would be just as happy to not be in this match, I dont care much for the tag team division, if it was up to me I would work alone. But once again I am met with the concept of Fate, so now I have to walk into that ring, with men I dont know, and trust them to have my back? Can I really do that?

I dont think so. How many times have I been fucked over, attacked, done dirty by the people of this company? Too Many already. Leading me to believe that maybe I need to turn over a new mentality. Maybe I was put here to give you all a new outlook on this place. You've all seen what has happened to me over the course of my time here in the XWF, can you say you would be able to hold on as long as I have? Been able to handle the emotional stress that the things that have happened cause someone? I dont think so, which is why I hold myself a better person than everyone in that ring, than everyone in this company. Maybe I'm just being angry, theres alot on my mind, this match now has taken the backseat to a much bigger problem, a problem which I just dont know how to solve. This week wont be the same as the others, this week it wont be me in that ring. I will be someone else, someone different, so for you who find yourselves in that ring with whoever that is, I am truly sorry.

Suddenly a voice from behind Zoey.

"Zoey, I found her, she's alive... She's alive.

"Then lets cut this fucking camera off."

-Instant Black-

[Image: zoey2_zps7e97bccb.png]

[Image: nickxwf_zps4da01d73.png]
[Image: mckayla_zpsf517aade.png]

-w/l/d-
5-1-0

Copyright 2014 Suicide Note Productions
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Zoey Ryback's post:
Kristen Silver (08-22-2014), Morbid Angel (08-22-2014)