Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-23-2024, 10:29 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 1 (August 22nd) PPV RP Archive
Lines Are Drawn RP 10
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-21-2014, 01:05 PM

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 – 8:30AM EST – The Compound - Old Saybrook, Connecticut

What the fuck did he just say to me?

ENIGMA: “You heard what?”

CAIN: “I heard Asmodeus and Brother Jacob discussing leadership of the Illuminatus, your name was brought up.”

“Brother Jacob did not have anything positive to say about you.”

ENIGMA: “That’s not shocking.”

“Get to the part about Asmodeus ordering Jacob to kill Sebastian.”

CAIN: “Well it seemed very clear to Asmodeus that Sebastian plans to wrestle control of the Illuminatus from him and that as a result of that he needs a new heir to carry on the ideals of the group.”

“Jacob does not believe you to be that person. Asmodeus seems to agree.”

“Ultimately they settled on Jacob being that heir but in order for that to happen Jacob was tasked with killing Sebastian.”

ENIGMA: “Ok. This next question is of the utmost importance.”

“What was Jacob’s response?”

CAIN: “I did not hear the response.”

ENIGMA: “Damn it.”

CAIN: “They were walking while having this discussion, I was standing behind a wall, eventually they walked too far away for me to hear.”

ENIGMA: “Ok. Ok.”

CAIN: “Is something wrong?”

ENIGMA: “Potentially.”

CAIN: “Should we tell Sebastian?”

ENIGMA: “Leave that to me.”

CAIN: “What are you going to say to him?”

ENIGMA: “For the moment. Nothing.”

CAIN: “But why? You have to warn him.”

ENIGMA: “Something you will come to find out Brother Cain is that if you think you are one step ahead of Sebastian there is a really good chance you are actually a few steps behind.”

CAIN: “So you are saying that Sebastian is already aware of this?”

ENIGMA: “I’m saying there is a very good chance that that is the case, yes.”

CAIN: “But you have no way of knowing for sure?”

ENIGMA: “That is correct.”

CAIN: “I am slightly confused by this. Why would you not want to tell Sebastian?”

ENIGMA: “I didn’t say I wouldn’t, just that I would handle it.”

“I appreciate you bringing this information to me, and I promise you, you will be safe within the walls of The Compound.”

CAIN: “But Asmodeus, he is the High Priest, the Leader of the Illuminati is he not?”

ENIGMA: “He is.”

“But there are also things that he is not, not any longer, and his refusal to come to terms with them will ultimately be his downfall.”

CAIN: “You say it as if it is an absolute certainty.”

ENIGMA: “If Sebastian wishes it to be so, than it will.”

CAIN: “And what of Brother Jacob?”

ENIGMA: “Again, that will be up to Sebastian.”

CAIN: “I understand that you and Jacob don’t get along very well, is that true?”

ENIGMA: “It is.”

CAIN: “May I ask why?”

ENIGMA: “He and I have differing views on many topics.”

“But at the end of the day he is Sebastian’s most trusted advisor and until Sebastian says otherwise, he is untouchable.”

CAIN: “Even with what I just told you?”

ENIGMA: “Again that is for Sebastian to decide.”

“Since you did not actually hear what Jacob’s response was than it makes things far more difficult.”

CAIN: “I apologize.”

ENIGMA: “No need to that.”

“What you have told me is already extremely helpful and I promise you, if it proves to be true than it will go a long way towards earning my trust and I would imagine Sebastian’s as well.”

CAIN: “Very good.”

ENIGMA: “Let me ask you something Cain, why did you bring this information to me?”

“Why didn’t you go straight to Sebastian?”

CAIN: “I felt as though this information would be more meaningful if it came from you.”

ENIGMA: “Interesting.”

CAIN: “How so?”

ENIGMA: “You had a chance to immediately ingratiate yourself to Sebastian and you chose instead to come to me.”

“I find it interesting. Not wrong mind you, just interesting.”

“I have found so often anymore that people’s default is to look out for themselves first, that you didn’t is interesting.”

CAIN: “I have been around for a very long time as you know.”

“But make no mistake I went through a period where I looked out for me and only me. But eventually I learned that doing so was no way to live.”

ENIGMA: “I would agree. We are conditioned to have others in our lives.”

“We are not meant to be alone and being selfish is a sure fire way to end up alone.”

“Look at Asmodeus.”

CAIN: “I thought he was with your mother?”

ENIGMA: “You really have been paying attention.”

“Yes he is. But he spent decades alone because of his greed because of his singular focus.”

“To a degree I understood it. To achieve greatness you must have a singular focus but not at the cost of everything around you.”

“In my opinion.”

CAIN: “What about you?”

ENIGMA: “What about me?”

CAIN: “Do you have someone in your life?”

ENIGMA: “No I do not.”

“I used to. But things did not work out.”

“But that is not what we are here to talk about.”

CAIN: “Right.”

“I apologize for getting us off track.”

ENIGMA: “Think nothing of it.”

“If you don’t mind I would like some time to reflect on what you have brought to me. I need to figure out how I want to proceed.”

“In the meantime you are free to go. If you see Jacob or Asmodeus act as though nothing has changed. As far as they know, you heard nothing.”

CAIN: “Understood.”

ENIGMA: “If for some unforeseen reason either of them try to corner you come straight here.”

“Do you understand?’

CAIN: “Yes.”

ENIGMA: “Good.”

“I will call for you later.”

CAIN: “Yes Master.”

ENIGMA: “Eric is fine.”

CAIN: “Yes…Eric.”

Brother Cain gets up and quickly exits my quarters, shutting the door behind him.

What the fuck just happened? Asmodeus ordering Jacob to kill Sebastian? I would never in a million years believe it if it had come from anyone other than Cain. He has no reason to lie and certainly not about something like this. This is a game changer, in every sense of the phrase. I should kill Jacob right now and not even give it a second thought. Just walk up to him and snap his neck before he even has time to wonder why the light is fading from his eyes. But I can’t. Sebastian wouldn’t want it that way. If Asmodeus has really fired the first salvo in this war, and I have every reason to believe he did than now is the time to get in line and take orders. Not run off halfcocked. Besides, if Jacob goes, yours truly moves up a peg. And Cain along with me.

But how do I proceed? I meant what I said to Cain that often times when people think they are one step ahead of Sebastian they end up being so incredibly wrong. I would be willing to bet this is one of those times. Sebastian is well aware of Father’s unhappiness and his ever growing sense that the Illuminatus is slipping from his grasp. He knows that Sebastian is trying to take from, rightfully I might add, the one thing that he has left in this world.

Asmodeus is a relic, a fossil of a time long since passed. He will always be remembered for the instrumental part he has played in all of this, he built this, all of this. But his time is over. Sebastian is the man to take his place, and if Asmodeus is insistent on bringing a fight to Sebastian’s door step than, unfortunately for Asmodeus it will be the last poor choice he ever makes.

For the longest time I felt like Sebastian was incapable of making the hard choice, of removing his father from the equation if the need arose but ever since Thaddeus’s death I have seen a change in Sebastian. He is more cold and calculated, more ruthless than ever. He will stop at nothing to take what he believes is his. And not Asmodeus or Jacob will stand in his way. And when either or both of them decide to make their move Cain and I will be standing right there with Sebastian.

This will not end well for them.

This will not end well for anyone who decides to challenge The Brotherhood.

Fade To Darkness

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Enigma's post:
Morbid Angel (08-22-2014)