Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 06:50 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 1 (August 22nd) PPV RP Archive
A Fly On The Wall RP 9
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-21-2014, 10:56 AM

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 – 7:45AM EST – The Compound - Old Saybrook, Connecticut

One day of training down, so many more to go. Day one was extremely productive. It was as educational for me as it was Cain. Cain has been far more accepting of criticism, advice and guidance than I was with Sebastian. Which has both been a breath of fresh air but also enlightening. It helped me to have a better appreciation for the kind of pain in the ass I can be with Sebastian and looking back on it, it’s a feat that I didn’t end up going through a wall, or two. For his part Sebastian showed great restraint, much more than I would have if the roles had been reversed, that much I know for sure.

We spent the majority of the morning yesterday just walking the grounds of the Compound and talking. Talking about Cain’s past and all the events that lead to him finding his way in an XWF wrestling ring. To say that Cain has a colorful past would be the biggest understatement of the century. The man has experienced more in his lifetime than any of us ever could, of course that is bound to happen when you are over two thousand years old. Despite that however, Cain is a very relatable person. Willing to listen and learn. Willing to take in all that he can. It is that attribute above all else that I think will lead to Cain’s ascension into the ranks of the XWF elite. While some will stick to what they know, even when they know it doesn’t work in hopes that things will turn around Cain is willing and anxious to do whatever is necessary to succeed.

And the first step in his ascension will be his one on one match with Sacrelidge at Relentless. After walking the grounds we went back inside and went through both Cain and his opponents promos. As we progressed through his opponent’s promos I could see the rage building inside of Cain. As the words came out over the speakers Cain’s fists clenched, his mouth tightened but his eyes remained steadfast on the screen. I am positive that if Sacrelidge were in the room Cain would have beaten him to a bloody pulp right then and there. After we finished going through the promos we talked about what to take from them. How to use the words to his advantage. To visualize the words as he is engaged in battle with Sacrelidge or any opponent for that matter. Visualize and attack, it’s an old adage but it is one that is pertinent to Cain’s training.

When the training had concluded and Cain dismissed back to his quarters I went up to Sebastian’s chambers as he had asked to review the day’s events. Sebastian seemed pleased with how things went and offered some guidance as to where to go from here. But unlike any previous discussions that Sebastian and I have ever had, his offers of guidance were truly that, offers, not mandates. Ultimately he left the decision up to me. I appreciated his help but even more so I appreciated that for the first time ever, he gave me the autonomy to do what I felt was right. Obviously Sebastian will be involved in this process one way or the other. This is HIS Compound and HIS Brotherhood.

I’ve asked Cain to come to my quarters after waking up so we can review the events of yesterday as well as talk about where training will go from here. I expected him a little while ago but having not given him a specific time to be here I can’t really complain.

Knock!

Knock!

ENIGMA: “Enter.”

The door to my quarters opens and standing on the other side of the doorway is Cain Arkham, the newest member of The Brotherhood.

ENIGMA: “Good morning Brother Cain.”

“Sleep well?”

CAIN: “Yes I did.”

ENIGMA: “Good hear. Please come in.”

Cain steps inside the room and shuts the door behind him. I motion for him to sit in the wooden chair across from me, which after a moment of hesitation he does.

ENIGMA: “Is something wrong?”

CAIN: “Not at all.”

“It’s just that, this is the first time I have been invited into your quarters since I have been here.”

ENIGMA: “Ahhh. I see.”

“Tell me Cain, did you think about what we discussed yesterday?”

CAIN: “I did.”

ENIGMA: “And what are your thoughts?”

CAIN: “I believe that I have a long way to go.”

“I believe that you will help me get there.”

“But I also believe that my journey began long before Brother Sebastian took notice of me.”

ENIGMA: “Please elaborate.”

CAIN: “The Cain you see sitting before you is not the Cain of two thousand years ago, or a thousand years ago, or even ten years ago. Every day has been part of my transformation into something different, something greater.”

“I appreciate your and Sebastian help, and I want to succeed, ultimately I want to be strong enough to fight alongside you both.”

“But…”

ENIGMA: “But what Cain?”

CAIN: “Sebastian is one of the greatest wrestlers in the history of the XWF.”

ENIGMA: “Don’t say that too loudly. His head is big enough.”

Cain cracks a smile but goes no further.

CAIN: “And you, you have made some serious waves in the XWF since your arrival. What have I done? Besides lose a chance at the Television Title?”

ENIGMA: “Steve Davids was once a member of The Brotherhood, he was the one man that remained loyal to Sebastian when everyone else left.”

“Steve Davids, despite the people he now surrounds himself with, Azrael notwithstanding, is still a very dangerous person.”

“But as for losing to him, we have all lost matches we shouldn’t have. In your case, you were cheated out of a victory, out of a title, the first of what I suspect will be many.”

“You will get another chance at Steve Davids and at that title, but you have to want it. No, scratch that, you have to, take it. Do not expect anything to be handed to you. Not in the XWF, not in life.”

CAIN: “I understand. You forget I have been around for far longer than you have.”

ENIGMA: “That may be true but things are different now. The XWF is a microcosm of the world around you. If you want something you have to take it. Steve Davids is under no obligation to give you another shot at his title. He has beaten you once before. He has no need to do it again, and in fact he will cite that as a reason for denying you such you make such a request for another match.”

“My advice to you, don’t ask for it. Take it. Involve yourself in everything he does until giving you a match will be easier for him than to try and fight you off during every single match he has.”

“And don’t worry about the Heyman Alliance getting involved. They will no longer be an issue for you.”

CAIN: “They out number us two to one, and one of them is your and Sebastian’s trios partner.”

ENIGMA: “So what? Kendall Sawyer is an uppity bitch, nothing more. Steve Davids, dangerous but controllable. Brock Lesnar? Please. He beat down a geriatric in the Undertaker and John Cena? A douchebag with arm bands. Tommy Gunn? A foul mouthed mongrel, what has he ever done? Vellore Brommer? A bum. Azrael is the only one in that alliance to be concerned with.”

“But as you saw a few weeks ago after your match when Sebastian and I got involved the rest of the Alliance retreated to the back. They know that they can’t win this fight.”

CAIN: “I want to share your confidence, I do. But I am not there yet.”

ENIGMA: “You will be. In time.”

“I promise.”

“Don’t let your previous encounters with Steve Davids cloud your judgment. There is a reason the Heyman Alliance has involved themselves in your matches with Steve. They know what deep down Steve Davids knows, what you should know and that is that Steve Davids one on one cannot beat you.”

CAIN: “You truly believe that?”

ENIGMA: “Yes, and so should you.”

“But enough talk of Steve Davids. He is a problem for another day.”

“You need to focus on your match tomorrow night versus Sacrelidge.”

CAIN: “I am focused. Incredibly so.”

“I am also extremely confident.”

ENIGMA: “Confidence is a good thing.”

“But not overconfidence.”

CAIN: “I understand.”

“Sacrelidge was able to get under my skin at the onset but I feel as though I have been able to turn the tables on him. He seems to be running scared.”

ENIGMA: “I would agree with that assessment. But again, do not get overconfident. It can be a strength, it can also be a weakness and our goal here, one of the many is to eradicate any and all weakness.”

“We will get there Cain, I promise.”

CAIN: “Sacrelidge will be the first in a long line of victims that will fall at my feet. Friday night will be the beginning of my rise and I want you there with me.”

ENIGMA: “You want me there at ring side?”

CAIN: “Yes, would you be willing to do that?”

ENIGMA: “Yes.”

CAIN: “Very good. I want you to be there when I leave Sacrelidge bloodied, beaten and broken.”

ENIGMA: “Now that is exactly what I want to hear.”

CAIN: “It pleases me to hear that.”

“Now would you mind if I broached another subject entirely?”

ENIGMA: “Yes what is it?”

CAIN: “It is about Brother Jacob.”

ENIGMA: “What about him?”

CAIN: “Are we safe?”

ENIGMA: “What?”

CAIN: “Here in this room, are we safe?”

What the hell is he on about?

ENIGMA: “Safe from who?”

CAIN: “Brother Jacob and Asmodeus.”

ENIGMA: “What do they have to do with anything?”

CAIN: “Yesterday I hear Asmodeus order Brother Jacob to kill Sebastian.”

Holy shit!

TBC…

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Enigma's post:
Morbid Angel (08-22-2014)