Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:43 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 2 (August 23rd) PPV RP Archive
The Darkstar Conspiracy Pt 4 - Still Conspiring?
Kendall Savannah Sawyer Offline
Repetition is the key to success.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

08-22-2014, 05:30 PM

The knocks on the door came heavily and forcefully, almost as if Kara decided she wanted to wake up every person on our floor. Which of course strengthened my urge to smack her upside the head once she stepped inside. Though, it's not like I didn't already want to smack her; mainly because I know once I tell her about Azrael being a fugitive from a fake law enforcement agency and currently laying unconscious in my bedroom, she'll probably slap the taste out of my mouth and scream about how stupid I am for not kicking him out right away, and I'd rather be proactive than reactive. An action that will alert everyone on the floor that yes, we are harboring a fugitive (because that's how she'll interpret it) and someone wanting to play hero will call some anonymous tip line and land us all in a whole mess of hot water that I'd rather avoid. I could lie and say he just wanted to stay the night or something like that, though that'd bring with it some odd implications that I'd rather avoid as well. So, in a sense I'm damned either way.

I make my way through the darkened labyrinth that is my apartment with eyes closed, trying to remember the layout which should come easily to me. With all the travelling I've had to do as a result of my career, the details come across rather hazy, and it isn't until I walk face first into the corner of a wall that I realize I should be paying attention to my surroundings instead of vaguely recalling them.

Rubbing the site of impact, I try to shake loose whatever cobwebs that may or may not have taken refuge in my head after that nasty collision. Something, that when combined with me simultaneously trying to access my basic motor skills, almost results in me stumbling over and falling face first into the carpet, though I catch myself at the last second and save myself the spill. Blinking twice rapidly, I continue my path to the door as the knocking drug on without hope of ceasing. I really should make her squirm, see how long it takes her to devolve into yelling at the door for me to hurry up. Though at the same time, the spectacle that would attract really isn't worth it. So, I make my way to the door, unlocking it and pulling it open, only to see a sight I wasn't expecting.

No, Kara wasn't standing in the doorway, ready to explode in and list off every single word deemed unfit for television in a fit of rage. Instead, in her place stood a pair of men way too well dressed for this neighborhood. And as I got a look at them, a weight fell into the pit of my stomach and almost brought me down with it.

"Kendall Sawyer, I take it?" asked the one closer to the door and me by association. His voice carried an odd mixture of monotone overlaid with authority that puzzled me in the moments following his question, until I remembered that he asked me something and struggled hastily to make a reply.

"Yes... sorry but who are you?"

"Detective-"

Truman Strong.

"Truman Strong."

Of course. My eyes widen for a second with shock, but before I can even react he puts his hand on the door and tries to force it open. He succeeds to an extent before I start to shove the door back into place, leaving us in an awkward stalemate.

"May we come in?"

"No."

"It's part of an ongoing investigation, ma'am. About an Azrael Erebus. I'm sure you know the name."

I also know right where I want to put my fist right about now.

"Get a warrant then. If you want to talk, you can do it from the hallway."

There's absolutely no way he'll be able to do that, but I don't want to let on that I know he and his manservant are frauds. That might kill whatever ruse I try to build before I even have a chance to lay the foundation.

"Very well."

Holy shit that actually worked. Yeah, I was expecting him to be a little more forceful than that, though I guess having an ultimatum to acquire a piece of paper stating that you're legally allowed to be poking for possible fugitives from arbitrary justice does put a damper on one's aggression. I sigh a little bit in relief, and look through the crack of open door into the hallway, waiting for the first question.

"What are you hiding in there?"

"What?"

"You looked relieved when I told you that I wasn't going to come in--"

"And that means I'm hiding something?"

"Typically..."

"Do I look typical to you?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Fair enough. Well, if you know of any possible connections I'd have to Azrael, then you know my profession. I just got in tonight, and haven't really had time to clean anything up. My roommate is of no help there, let me tell you. So yeah, I'm hiding a dirty apartment."

"And this is important?"

No.

"Yes. It really, really is."

My voice wavers on that, as I try my hardest to keep myself from laughing. I shake my head and then rest it on the corner of the door, keeping close care to run my already bruising forehead into it.

"Sorry," I say with a forced, phony yawn. "Jet lag."

"Anyway, Mr. Erebus is suspected of being involved in the explosion at St. Dionysus Hospital, I'm sure you heard about it."

What a liar! Then again, I'm lying to him too, so I guess it's a mutually assured spree of dishonesty and manipulation. Like a chess match only with more dire consequences, because if they're planning on killing Azrael for whatever role they think he played in this explosion, and other assorted crimes, I doubt they'd think twice about putting a bullet inbetween my eyes for aiding and abetting. That grave possibility starts to make me wonder two things: everything his "lifetime of ill deeds" entailed, and why they didn't pull the trigger right away if they had a sniper trained on him.

"Can't say I have," I say after a brief spell of silence.

"I find that hard to believe."

"Well, that's obvious. Otherwise, you wouldn't have added the 'I'm sure you have' to the end of your spiel to subconsciously jog my memory. Too bad for you though, that I have no idea what you're talking about in the slightest, other than Azrael might be involved with it and that it exploded, both things you told me. Until right then, I had no idea. I didn't even know there was a St. Dionysus hospital anywhere. Seems kind of odd, doesn't it? A hospital named after the Greek God of--"

"I get it, motormouth."

"Winemaking. I was almost done. In any instance, I can't give you too much on Azrael and where he might be, though if he reaches out to me, I'll give you a call right away; wait I don't even have your number. That could be a problem."

"That it could," he says, as the man behind him, Cecil if I remember his name right, pulls a notepad from the breast pocket of his jacket and hands it over to Strong, who scribbles a series of numbers on the front page before ripping it out and handing it to me. I take it from him and nod my head as a form of farewell before muttering something along the lines of "good night".

"One more thing," he says, stopping dead in his tracks before walking too far down the hall, "what was with the noise?"

"I saw a spider. May have overreacted."

I didn't wait for a response of any kind before I slammed the door shut and spun the lock into place. Turning around so that my back was up against the door, I slide down it until I end up sitting with my knees tucked into my chest and my left hand still clutching onto the handle. After a few deep breaths, and the subsequent regaining of my composure, I immediately break it again to burst out into laughter. I did it! I actually, seriously did it! Though I'm certain that I'm not completely in the clear, especially with my pledge to report any information I get to them and not giving myself an excuse to do otherwise. Either way, I rip the piece of paper in half and then into quarters, still keeping a hold of the scraps. They might be important sometime later, for what I don't know.

Finally starting to breathe again, as opposed to laughing my way to depriving my lungs of oxygen, I stand up and make my way back to my room and the unconscious former alien that at this rate was going to be the death of me. Though on the way back, my eyes had fully adjusted to the darkness, making the trip much easier. And also afforded me less headwall moments. Successes all around.

I push open the door, to find Azrael beginning to come to, writhing around on the floor where he passed out. It's kind of funny to watch, honestly. I suppress a laugh by pressing my hand against my mouth and only when I'm sure he can hear me, I utter something that ensures I have his utmost attention, as I bend over to pick up a shirt that I'm sure has been washed and slide it on over my nightgown for no other reason than to keep up the illusion for a few seconds.

"Last night was uh, interesting."

Now, if only my trying-too-hard-to-be-seductive voice could be a little more convincing, that'd be great. Or if my word choice didn't reek of on the spot thinking. That too.

"Wait, what?"

Or, maybe in the mind of an alien turned human with a hard on for me, currently recovering from a drug induced coma at the hands of a fake detective, even the poorest of acting jobs is enough to get the job done.

All glory to raging hormones!

"Come on, you're acting like you don't even remember!"

I'm going to mess this up, I know it. But before I do, I'm going to have as much fun as I can, milking this invented scenario for all it's worth.

Awardments and Accoladations:

Last European Champion (Won April 28, 2014 -- Unified into the Universal Title May 19th, 2014)
Tag Team Champion (w/ ???) (Won August 13, 2014 -- Lost December 10, 2014)
Star of the Month (April 2014)
Wannabe Jessie Diaz (You know, if you're stupid Swagmire)
11-6

“Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.” ― Mary Shelley
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Kendall Savannah Sawyer's post:
(08-23-2014), Liz Hathaway (08-22-2014), Ozymandias (08-23-2014)