Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 11:24 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "CCPE Cannabis Cup 2022" RP Board
REPOST from old Boards - Duke vs Crane RP 1 - Night Terrors
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-07-2013, 07:45 PM

***Sebastian Duke walks in the darkness. The darkness of tonight is slightly illuminated by the lights of towns and cities all over the area being reflected by low clouds which just dropped 3 inches of snow. The snow crunches under his feet. He stops near the edge of a lake. He stands there momentarily before walking along the shoreline:

"You know it's not a secret I've been having dreams....

"Nightmares...

"Night Terrors...

Whatever you wish to call them. It doesn't matter. You see, what Benjamin Crane gets to deal with is not a dream. Not a nightmare. Not a night terror. No, in fact, what he gets to deal with is a living, breathing, tormented soul that is a force of freakin' nature! He gets to deal with reality. You one upped me not long ago, Crane. You were only able to do so by outside influence. Make no mistake about it, you would not have won. Which is why I challenged you to a rematch. To vindicate myself. To cleanse myself of a loss that shouldn't be."

***He stands there staring at the water when Asmodeus' face appears on the surface rippling with the light current. It forces him to stop talking and think about the recurring nightmares he has had recently. Most notable the one he had just prior to coming into the darkness to address Benjamin Crane.

***Asmodeus stands at the altar in the chapel of the Compound as he finishes his latest sermon to the Followers. Sebastian Duke enters the room. The door creaks shut and the Followers turn to see him and immediately stand in respect to their leader. Duke slowly progresses down the aisle toward Asmodeus and the altar, looking to each side of the pews. Looking at the their faces who look on in admiration, as he proceeds. He reaches the altar as he stares down to Asmodeus. Asmodeus gets his normal uneasy feeling which he enjoys and a smile crosses his face.

ASMODEUS: "Everyone must go. I must speak with the Leader....... alone."

***The Followers quickle file out of the chapel heading in different directions. Jacob, the man who has earned the respect of both Asmodeus and Sebastian is the last to leave. He quickly nods his head one time and closes the doors to the chapel.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "You told me not to fear the dreams. So here I am. Here you are. In my dream, which you have not been before. I assume there will be an appearence from Unknown Soldier that I should expect as always. An appearance, again, I'm not supposed to fear."

ASMODEUS: "Ahh. On the contrary, Sebastian. Unknown Soldier shall not appear tonight. No. See, this is different. I was sent by someone who shall remain nameless.... to... enlighten you on your past... things you may have forgotten."

***Sebastian snaps back to reality as he continues to look at the face of Asmodeus laying in the water. It dissapears after a few seconds and he continues talking about Crane.

"Crane you can take my vulnerability while I'm asleep as a weakness. But do so at your own risk. That vulnerability ceases to exist as I walk through the world of reality. Your win over me, I fear, has given you a false sense of security in your own abilities. A security that will get you beaten to within an inch of your life."

***Sebastian zones out again. He and Asmodeus sit in Asmodeus' personal residence.

ASMODEUS: "Now. In order to accomplish this you must listen to everything I say. Do exactly as I say."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "I understand."

ASMODEUS: "Close your eyes. Think back. Think back through all of the years you can. All the way back to that night. In that dark alley way in London........ Where he found you."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Who? Who found me?"

ASMODEUS: "Nick Ryan. Nick Ryan found you. He apprehended you and intended to rid you from this world. For good. Now. Sebastian.... can you remember?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Yes. Well sort of."

ASMODEUS: "What do you see?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "I see..... me..... standing in the darkness of the surrounding buildings.... hiding the moonlight..... I see a man sneaking up behind me.... Only I don't see him as I was then, only as I am now. Like I'm watching myself from a distance........ He...... He...... He hit me with something... I don't know, I can't tell what it was.... but.... everything went black."

ASMODEUS: "Good. We're getting there. Think ahead some. Not too far. When you woke up, where were you?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "I....I can't tell. Things are blurry. Wait....... it's getting clearer. I'm tied up. In a dungeon or a basement or something. Tied to a torture rack I think. The music.... it's deafening... Beethoven or Mozart or something......"

***Nick Ryan stands in the damp old basement and poys himself three fingers of whiskey in a tumbler. He sits and he listens to Mozart while he closes his eyes and conducts an imaginery symphony for a moment.

***Sebastian Duke struggles against the bindings that secure him. Trying desperately to release himself from the inevitable pain that he fears is forthcoming.

***The music stops and Nick Ryan stands. He walks over to where Sebastian Duke lays secured in the Rack. He notices a little slack in the ropes. Sebastian looks Ryan in the face, for some reason, unable to make out any features. Ryan turns the crank enough to cause slight pain then engages a homemade locking mechanism to secure the ropes. He speaks:

NICK RYAN: "Sebastian Duke. Do you know why you're here? I suppose you don't. Never having met me before. You see, Sebastian, I torture those I deem a threat. And after I torture them...... I cause them to stop breathing. I end their lives. I will cause you so much pain that you will beg me to end your life. That.... is exactly what will happen."

***Nick Ryan goes over to the record player and selects a song before returning to Sebastian Duke.

NICK RYAN: "This is Mozarts Symphony 40. When it finishes I will return to begin the end of your life. So, literally speaking, you have around 30 minutes until the end begins."

***Nick Ryan walks off.

***Sebastian Duke snaps back to reality. Again, turning his attention to Benjamin Crane:

"I stand here on the shore of this lake among the winds of change. Change for the better or the worse? Even I'm not so sure. A change though nevertheless. Whats going to happen, Benjamin Crane, on Thursday night, is that you will find out just what exactly I'm made of. A fire still burns within me that can never be extinguished. A fire that thrives on the punishment of others moreso then wins and losses. But, in your case, I will make an exception. Not only will I destroy you, I will also beat you. Plain and simple."

***In the back of his mind he hears the Mozart music again causing him to stop and stare into space remembering more of his dream.

***Duke lays there struggling against the restraints as the awful Mozart music rings in his ears. He quits struggling and lays there motionless. Using his fingers he grips the ropes binding his arms and pulls hard. The muscles in his arms bulging immensely. The ropes holding his arms begin to creak and snap band by band until his arms are free. He sits up and unties the numerous knots securing his legs to the rack. He jumps down to the floor below, walking off through the only exit that exists. The same one used by Nick Ryan.

***Moments later Nick Ryan enters the torture chamber never looking in Sebastians direction. He walks to the stand pouring another glass of whiskey.

NICK RYAN: "Ya know, Sebastian. I picked too long of a song. I think we'll start earl......."

***Nick Ryan looks up and discovers that Duke is gone. He stops talking and pouring. Out of either anger or disbelief he throws the whiskey bottle toward the wall. It smashes hard and shatters into hundreds of pieces.

***We are back in Asmodeus' residence as Duke's concentration was ended abruptly.

ASMODEUS: "DAMN! You were close!"

SEBASTAN DUKE: "Close to what?"

ASMODEUS: "Finding out who Nick Ryan is."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "He's strangely familiar. His voice. The way he moves. But..... I couldn't make out his face. It was just a huge blur."

ASMODEUS: "We'll have to do this again during your next slumber."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Wait a minute! What the hell are you talking about? What do you mean 'who he is'?"

ASMODEUS: "You see, Sebastian. Nick Ryan is here. Nick Ryan thrives on the competition of the X-Treme Wrestling Federation. Nick Ryan is of the here and now. Nick Ryan has even crossed your path. Except..... Nick Ryan doesn't know..... he's Nick Ryan."

***Sebastian Duke sits there, staring at Asmodeus in confusion. All at once, he realizes who Nick Ryan is. This sets off an anger inside of him at the realization the man that intended to kill him walks among him. All at once he is to his feet and hold Asmodeus to the wall by his throat showing his great strength.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Say his name Asmodeus. Why did you make me do what I did? SAY HIS NAME OUT LOUD SO I CAN HEAR IT!? SAY IT!!"

***Through gasps of air, Asmodeus opens his mouth to say the name. Except Duke snaps back to reality before its revelation.

"Ohhhh Benjamin Crane. You are in for a world of hurt. A world of pain you could never imagine. This anger I feel inside has not and will not subside long after you have moved on to your next failed match. You see, Benjamin Crane, I intend to rip you limb from limb, pillar to post. Whatever cliche you like! There is NOTHING you can do. NOTHING you can say. NO ONE that can save your soul from the beating I will bestow upon you. Either from the light of Heaven or the fires of Hell it doesn't MATTER! The only thing that matters is getting my vengeance on you........... and eventually........ him."

***Sebastian Duke walks off believing his made his point perfectly clear. And the scene fades out.
Edit Hate Post Like Post