Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:44 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 1 (August 22nd) PPV RP Archive
The Future RP 6
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-19-2014, 02:15 PM

Sunday, August 17, 2014 – 10:00AM EST – The Compound - Old Saybrook, Connecticut

The whole ride home I struggled with what had just happened. Nicholas Ian Gerhart was a good man, an honest man. He made a living being dishonest and sneaky but that was not an indictment of his character. He was just earning a living. More than I can say for the one hundred and ten million Americans currently receiving some form of Government Assistance.

But aside from being an honest, hardworking American Nicholas was also a loose end. One that I had to take care of. I wished that there was another way. I truly do. I brought Nicholas onboard and he rewarded my decision by being the very best at what he was hired to do. Things got flipped on their heads and as a result Nicholas and I both had to go into hiding. I was fortunate. I had Sebastian and The Compound but Nicholas, Nicholas had no one. No one to go to, to ask for help. Nowhere to really run to and hide. He tried his best but somehow he slipped up and the federal agents that are looking for me managed to get wind of his involvements with my business and his whereabouts.

I couldn’t risk him giving me up, or worse Sebastian. If by some miracle the feds happen to catch me the line will end with me. No one else will be named. I will take the heat for what I have done. That is a pledge I made to Sebastian and to myself long ago. But Nicholas despite his assurances of loyalty he had something that could be used against him. His father. His family. People talk about love like it is the greatest gift there is yet they never want to talk about how love also binds us, handcuffs us and forces us to make choices that we might not otherwise make. Love can be used against us and the Feds, they have absolutely no problem pulling that card out and putting it on the table forcing you to make those hard choices. I could not take that chance. Nicholas had to go.

I decided on the way home to stop at a Seven Eleven to purchase a disposable phone. With the phone I made an anonymous call to the Poconos Police to inform them that there was a dead body located at the Forty Six Berlutti Drive. Once the call was completed I threw the phone out the window as I drove across the bridge over the Hudson River. The phone will never be recovered, but now Nicholas’s body will. He will get a funeral, paid for by an anonymous donor. And he will hopefully rest in peace.

In the meantime it is back to The Compound I go. Jacob, Sebastian’s Messenger and right hand man called me during my drive home to let me know that Sebastian wanted to speak with me first thing. Normally when Sebastian says first thing he means just that. As soon as I walk into the door I was instructed to meet Sebastian at the training area of The Compound. Unfortunately for Sebastian my version of first thing is after I have a chance to take a shower and burn the clothes I was just wearing.

About thirty minutes after arriving at The Compound I make my way towards the training area. As I get closer and closer the sounds of Sebastian taking his anger out on various training dummies gets louder and louder. I use the term training dummies loosely as these are actual human beings that are paid to come to The Compound and spar with Sebastian and I. What makes them dummies isn’t that they get routinely destroyed by Sebastian and I but rather that they continue to come back despite it. As I round the corner I can see three bodies laid out on the floor grabbing at various parts of their body while Sebastian continues to spar with someone else. When he sees me round the corner he puts an end to the session and orders everyone out of the room.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Welcome back.”

ENIGMA: “Thank you.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Was Jacob not clear in my request that you come to me first thing?”

ENIGMA: “He was very clear.”

“Annoyingly so in fact.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “So you choose to ignore my request and instead meet me when it worked for you.”

ENIGMA: “Was that a question or a statement?"

“I wanted a shower and to burn the evidence. I figured you of all people would appreciate the need for me to be careful.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “And I do appreciate it. I also appreciate my requests being followed.”

“And just so we are clear, my requests are more like mandates. You of all people should understand that.”

ENIGMA: “Did you ask me to come here for a reason or just to lecture me?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I wouldn’t have had to lecture you if you had done what I had asked.”

ENIGMA: “Noted.”

These lectures are getting rather old. I think Sebastian equates my not doing exactly what he wants when he wants as a sign of disrespect but that’s not the case. He knows that when push comes to shove, when it actually matters I will be there ready to go to war, but things like this, well, let’s just say that I’ll get to it when I get to it.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “How are you feeling about our upcoming match at Relentless?”

ENIGMA: “Fine.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Fine? That’s all you have to offer?”

ENIGMA: “So far. And might I add, it’s more than you have offered to date.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What does that mean?”

ENIGMA: “It means whatever you want it to mean brother.”

In retrospect that probably wasn’t the smartest remark I could have made, especially given the tenseness of this situation but fuck it. If Sebastian wants to speak to me like a child I will respond like one.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Is there something you want to say to me?”

ENIGMA: “Not particularly.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Is this matter with your associate resolved?”

ENIGMA: “Yes it is.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I understand you went and took care of it yourself.”

“Was that smart choice to make?”

ENIGMA: “Perhaps not but I owed him that much.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “You owed him nothing.”

“He was someone under your employ. Nothing more.”

“When you make things personal you make them more difficult.”

“You should have allowed Jacob to take care of this matter…”

ENIGMA: “I didn’t need Jacob to handle it.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I’m not saying you couldn’t handle it on your own. Just that you shouldn’t have.”

“The heat is on you. Now more than ever. Rushing into the inferno like that was reckless.”

“I thought I taught you better than that.”

ENIGMA: “You have. But this is something I had to do.”

“I know you don’t agree with me, and that’s fine. I can’t change your mind but what’s done is done.”

“There is no sense in arguing about it.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Very well.”

“Does that mean that your business in New York is officially over?”

ENIGMA: “It was over the minute you blew up that cul-de-sec.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Is that what this is about?”

ENIGMA: “No as a matter of fact it’s not.”

“I’m over that. But you asked the question and I gave you the answer. You may not have wanted to hear it but you heard it nonetheless.”

“Now can we please discuss the present rather than the past?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Very well then.”

“What do you want to discuss?”

ENIGMA: “The item.”

“My guy wants to get paid.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “You didn’t pay him?”

ENIGMA: “No Sebastian I did not.”

“I hired him for you. You need to pay him.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “How much did you agree on?”

ENIGMA: “Two million in cash.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What? That is outrageous.”

ENIGMA: “You said you hunted that item for years. It took my guy weeks.”

“Besides, two million dollars to you is like a drop in the bucket.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Very well. Talk to Jacob. He will get you funds and arrange the transfer.”

ENIGMA: “I’ll handle the last part.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Still insisting on this guy being anonymous?”

ENIGMA: “Absolutely.”

“It’s safer for him. It’s safer for us.”

“Trust me on that.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Very well.”

“Now, for the other matter that I wanted to speak to you about. Brother Cain.”

ENIGMA: “What about him?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I want you to work with him, help him to understand the ways of The Brotherhood.”

“He is a key piece of the puzzle. He is the future of the XWF but he lacks focus much like you did when I found you.”

ENIGMA: “I appreciate you trusting me with such a task, I truly do. But my question is why?”

“Why me?”

“Being a mentor so to speak is your role, it’s what you are good at.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Thank you. But the reason is two-fold.”

“As you know, I am rather tied up in this business with our father.”

“And secondly, because it is your time. I taught you all I could. The rest is on you, and this is the first step.”

ENIGMA: “Understood.”

“Where is Cain?”

Rather than responding verbally Sebastian just motions his head indicating that I should look behind me. Which of course I do and there on the other side of the room is Cain.

TBC.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Enigma's post:
Morbid Angel (08-22-2014)