Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:43 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 1 (August 22nd) PPV RP Archive
Flashbacks RP 3
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 08:42 PM

Saturday, August 16, 2014 – 11:32 PM EST – Location Unknown

For the last several weeks Sebastian has been away from the Compound taking care of some illuminatus business. Exactly what he is doing and where he is doing it has been a very closely guarded secret. So much so that the only people who do know are Sebastian, Jacob and I. A fact which has made father very concerned. He knows what is happening and as much as he will say publically that he can do something about it I think he knows that when Sebastian sets his mind to something no one can stop him. Not even our father.

Sebastian called me yesterday and asked that I take the private jet to meet him at an undisclosed location. By undisclosed I mean, I know the location and so does the pilot and Sebastian but outside of that, it is unknown by anyone else. I am sure Sebastian has his reasons for taking such caution but he hasn’t shared those reasons with me and honestly, it’s not worth asking. I learned long ago that if he wants to share something with me he will, if he doesn’t it does me no good to ask as doing so will just result in Sebastian giving me the look. You know which one I am talking about. The one that screams “why are you wasting my time with such trivial bullshit?” That look.

Several hours after takeoff the plane finally touches down and after about 5 minutes of sitting on the tarmac the pilot comes out of the cock pit and with a subtle head nod informs me that Sebastian is on his way to the plane. With that I stand up, walk the fifteen or so feet to the back, turn the lever and the door to the back of the plane opens up and a ladder extends outward and down to the ground. I step out of the door, down the steps and stand a few feet from the plane and watch as a small black spec about two miles away continues to grow bigger until it stops a mere five feet from me. The spec turns out to be a black Chevy Tahoe with blacked out windows. Typical Sebastian. The front passenger door opens and out steps my brother. He walks to the back of the vehicle, opens the door and pulls out a black duffle bag which he then quickly slings over his shoulder before shutting the door and then approaching me.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I trust you are well brother?”

ENIGMA: “That I am.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “And our guest?”

ENIGMA: “Sent packing.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I hope he wasn’t too banged up when he left.”

I can see from the facial expressions that Sebastian made while uttering his last thought that even if our guest had left a little worse for wear, Sebastian wouldn’t have minded. After all, sometimes a little physical abuse goes a long way when engaged in a mental war.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “And Asmodeus?”

ENIGMA: “What about him?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Has he said anything to you?”

“Perhaps inquiring as to my whereabouts?”

ENIGMA: “He has not.”

“To be honest with you Sebastian, ever since you and father had your chat he has been rather silent with me.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Why do you suppose that is?”

ENIGMA: “My assumption would be that he believes that with the lines now drawn I have picked sides and he doesn’t like my choice.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “And what side did you choose?”

ENIGMA: “I’m here aren’t I?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Are you?”

ENIGMA: “I’m sorry?”

“What exactly are you asking me?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “You are here physically but are you here mentally?”

“Are you completely onboard with what I am trying to do?”

ENIGMA: “If I weren’t I would not be here now, standing in front of you after having just sat through a rather long and tiring plane ride.”

“And you know how I feel about flying.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “One day you will get past that my dear brother.”

ENIGMA: “Perhaps.”

“But not today.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Did you bring what I asked you to bring?”

ENIGMA: “You know I did.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Where is it?”

ENIGMA: “On the plane.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Very well, let’s get going.”

Sebastian hands me his bag and then walks towards the plane and then up the few steps and into the cabin, all the while I stand still trying to figure out at what point did I become the new Luca Arzegotti?

It took me about a minute before I slung the bag over my shoulder and carried it up the steps and into the plane. Once in the plane I can see Sebastian sitting in the chair directly across from the one I had been sitting in. In his hands is the item he asked me to bring. He doesn’t bother to look up instead his eyes remain focused on the item. I take my seat across from him and turn my chair 90 degrees so as to face forward rather than in Sebastian’s direction.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “This is incredible.”

“The craftsmanship is truly one of a kind.”

ENIGMA: “Well it is literally one of a kind so that’s a rather astute observation there.”

Sebastian looks up at me no doubt pondering what type of response my last remark should illicit but then something interesting happens. Rather than telling me all the ways in which my sarcasm is not needed nor wanted Sebastian instead opts to go back to viewing the item.

Well I’ll be damned.

ENIGMA: “I take it you are pleased then?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Absolutely. I have been searching for this for years.”

“How did you find it so quickly?”

ENIGMA: “I know a guy.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Really?”

“That is what you are going with?”

“I know a guy?”

ENIGMA: “What? You don’t like?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “It’s horribly cliché.”

ENIGMA: “Perhaps.”

“It also has the benefit of being true.”

“Besides, you of all people should appreciate the use of anonymity.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I do.”

“When it’s not used against me.”

ENIGMA: “It’s not a matter of it being used against you so much as it is being used in support of the person I wish to keep anonymous.”

“It’s better for them, it’s better for you. Trust me.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I do. Implicitly. That’s why I asked you and you alone to pick me up.”

“That and…”

Is he serious? Who does that anymore? Is he really going to make me ask? Forget it. I won’t. I’ll just pretend like I don’t even care.

…..

…........

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Aren’t you curious about what I was going to say?”

ENIGMA: “No.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Very well then.”

Fuck. Called my bluff. Too late now. The rest of that sentence will disappear into the abyss just like Loverboy’s chances of walking out of Relentless with one of the trios belts.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Have you spoken to your mother lately?”

ENIGMA: “Yes.”

“She wants to know when I am going to come and visit her again. She wants to come to Connecticut to see Asmodeus, and to a lesser degree me.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What did you tell her?”

ENIGMA: “That now wasn’t a good time.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Do you think she believed you?”

ENIGMA: “For the moment yes.”

“However it is only a matter of time before she asks Asmodeus directly and it is anyone guess what his response will be.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Her being at the Compound could prove to be…”

Here we go again.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Problematic.”

ENIGMA: “I understand that.”

“But you and I both know that for the time being I can’t show my face in New York City.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “That is correct. So what do you propose?”

ENIGMA: “I continue to stall her inevitably showing up at The Compound for as long as I possibly can.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “And then?”

ENIGMA: “And then hopefully by that point this issue that we have will have been settled.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “There is no settlement brother. There is only an ending. One good. One bad.”

ENIGMA: “Yes, I suppose that is the case.”

“For the time being I will keep her at bay, but you know how women can be.”

“Speaking of women, how are things with Caitlyn?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Fine. Why do you ask?”

ENIGMA: “No reason, it’s just…”

Let’s see how he likes it.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “It’s just what?”

Damn it.

ENIGMA: “It’s just that, something feels odd about her return.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Odd how?”

ENIGMA: “I don’t know Sebastian. It’s just a gut feeling. I can’t really explain it.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I see.”

“Well so far things have been great between Caitlyn and I, and I have so far had no reason to think anything negative about her return to the Compound.”

ENIGMA: “Well that’s good. I’m happy for you brother.”

“Truly I am.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Thank you.”

ENIGMA: “If you don’t mind, I’d like to get some sleep during the trip home.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “By all means.”

I reclined my seat approximately eighty degrees and shut my eyes.

Three Hours Later

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Eric. Eric can you hear me?”

I wake up to Sebastian shoving me with both hands. My hair is drenched as is the seat where my head has been resting.

ENIGMA: “What? Why are you shoving me?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Why? Why?”

“You were screaming incoherently at the top of your lungs.”

“Were you having a nightmare?”

ENIGMA: “I don’t know what I was having.”

“It felt like I was having flashbacks but none of it seemed familar, at all.”

“Like I was someone else entirely. I don’t know how to describe it other than that.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Well you here now, with me. Everything is ok.”

“Would you like some water?”

ENIGMA: “Yes please.”

Sebastian walks over to the small refrigerator and pulls out two bottles of water, presumably one is for himself and the other for me. As he walks back over to hand me the bottle I am left with the feeling in the pit of my stomach that something is very wrong and I don’t know what.

Fade To Darkness.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Enigma's post:
Morbid Angel (08-22-2014)