Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-25-2024, 12:22 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Who's In Charge Here? (RP 1)
Kennedy Nikomedes Offline
For America!

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

08-10-2014, 10:29 AM

Today, the Governor's Mansion is in crisis mode. Tensions are high and Governor Nikomedes is just as cool, calm, and collected as he typically is. He had been warned for weeks that something was waiting in the wings. As is this case with any Governor, unless you belong to the Democratic party, you're forced to sift through the bureaucratic red tape that cordons off Washington, D.C, and those within power there.

At this moment, Governor Nikomedes finds himself with a few minutes alone inside the executive office. His down time and subsequent time alone does not last long. When you surround yourself with the best aides you could possibly find, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that wherever the Governor goes, James Williams, his Chief of Staff, is sure to follow. To Kennedy, sometimes that's a great thing, and sometimes, not so much. Of course, when you're also faced with a crisis such as he is faced with today, having even a few minutes to yourself is a few minutes to be cherished.

He leans back in his oversized leather chair and closes his eyes. It's under two minutes and he hears a quiet click of his office door shutting. Without opening his eyes, he already knows who's there. ”What's up, Jimmy?” Niko says while remaining motionless in his chair and keeping his eyes shut.

James takes a seat across from the Governor. As he does so, he notices Kennedy lightly rubbing his left temple. “Another migraine, Governor?” he asks as he leans forward against the Governors desk.

”These headaches,” Niko says as he finally opens his eyes, ”they'd drive any normal man to suicide.”

“Governor,” James says sharply. “I can prepare an injection, but I wish you didn't talk like that,”

”I said a normal man, Jimmy,” Niko retorts quickly. ”I'm not a normal man,” he concludes with a slight grin.

James gets to his feet and proceeds toward the left side wall. Against that wall is a small refrigerator equipped with a state of the art fingerprint scanner type of lock. That restricts access to only two people. The Governor himself, and James Williams. As if being securely and discreetly tucked away within the Governor's office wasn't secure enough.

“I'll get your next dose ready, sir,” James says as he places his right thumb on the scanner.

”Thank you, Jim,” the Governor says as he stands up and begins to stare out onto the rear lawn of the Mansion. “Any word from the President yet?” he asks.

James retrieves a vial with a toxic logo, filled with a yellow colored substance. “Not yet, Niko,” he says. “Not like you didn't already know the answer,” James concludes as he places latex gloves on his hands.

”It's this kind of inaction that makes me completely sick, Jimmy,” Niko says, almost angrily. ”He's got to be the most incompetent, ineffective President since George W. Bush,” he says with a slight grin, acknowledging his subtle joke.

“You realize Bush is the immediate predecessor, right?” James asks while filling a syringe, not realizing Niko was being a bit sarcastic.

”That's kind of the point,” Niko says as he looks toward James. ”Back to back Presidential Administrations that are extremely gifted at inaction. Bush was a leader hellbent on forcing Democracy on nations that don't want it, or aren't ready for it” he says before concluding, “Obama is pretty much ineffective in every way unless he's using executive orders.”

“Doesn't he use those, though, because Congress refuses to get on board with anything he does?” James asks as he replaces the vial in the refrigerator and shuts the door.

”I'm sure that's part of it,” Niko replies as he takes his jacket off and lays it upon the back of his chair. He unbuttons the cuff of his shirt and begins to roll it up before concluding, ”If the man ever had so much as one good idea that was good for everyone, then I'd like to think the Republicans would get on board with something,” he says.

“I think you're being naive, Mr. Governor,” James says as he inserts the needle into Niko's arm. “I think the political divide within this nation is far too great,” he concludes as he injects the toxic substance into the arm of the Governor.

”It's been pretty prevalent in recent years,” says the Governor as he rolls his sleeve back down. ”It started with Clinton and its progressively gone downhill ever since,” he concludes.

”Excuse me, Governor?” a female voices says from the Governor's telephone speaker.

”Sylvia, what is it?” asks Niko.

”I have President Obama on the line, should I patch him through?” she asks in a soft tone.

”Yes, Sylvia. Put him through immediately,” he says as he looks toward his Chief of Staff.

“It's only been, what? Four hours?” James says as he rolls his eyes.

Just then, the phone on his desk begins to ring and the Governor answers by hitting the speaker button.

”It's been four hours, Mr. President,” Niko says with a hint of anger. ”Every minute that goes by, those drugs are getting closer to my shoreline.”

”Good afternoon to you, too, Governor,” the President says with a hint of a laugh.

”What are my options, Mr. President?” asks Niko, not wasting any time.

”I think your best option is to set up an operation to have any and all boats stopped as they cross out of international waters and into ours and have them searched. Any of them that have drugs can be seized,” the President says without hesitation.

”I hate to break the news to you, Mr. President, but those boats have crossed into our waters a few minutes ago,” Niko says impatiently. ”Your inaction has caused this, Mr. President. Forgive me for being so blunt, but I will not allow those drugs to reach the shores.”

”What do you suggest then, Governor?” the President asks.

”What I want, is for you to give me the authority to command our military based here in Florida. I need them mobilized and at the ready for my orders,” he says emphatically.

”That can be done, Governor,” he says hesitantly. ”Of course, if anything goes wrong, you need to be the one taking the fall. The Republicans already want my head mounted on the wall in their chambers,” he jokes.

”Make the call, Mr. President,” he says. ”I'd rather sink the boats than have drugs and guns flooding my streets.”

”If all goes well, Governor, might I suggest an address to the nation?” he says. ”It'd make you look pretty good in the eyes of the American public, Kennedy. To see a man taking action rather than sitting it out on the sidelines like other leaders around here,” he concludes.

”You want me to politicize this?” Niko asks with skepticism.

”Look, Kennedy. I realize you hate the game, but whether you like it or not, you're playing it. And you're doing it well. If it all goes as you plan it, use it to your advantage,” President Obama advises. ”You can never let a crisis go, Governor, not when you're already getting a jump on the Presidential race,” he concludes.

”Well, I appreciate the advice, Mr. President,” Niko replies.

”You already have a lot of attention, Kennedy. Folks in the halls here in Washington never stop talking about you,” the President says. ”It's not good things they say, but that's actually good for you, Governor. They already fear your ascension to the office I hold,” he concludes.

”Thank you, Mr. President. I'll keep that all in mind,” Kennedy says as he abruptly ends the call.

“That son of a bitch could babble on for hours,” James says as both he and the Governor take their seats.

”Good afternoon, gentlemen,” says the voice of Athena emanating from somewhere off screen.

“Athena,” says the Governor. “I just got off the phone with the President. He's given me the...” he starts before being interrupted by Athena.

“I know, Kennedy. I heard,” she says emphatically. “I had Jarvis take the liberty of locating the freighters containing the drugs and weapons. He's deployed homing beacons and loaded the IP tracking numbers into a coded text message disguised as a message from Verizon Wireless. That information should be along shortly,” she concludes.

”What am I supposed to do with that information?” he asks.

“Having that information will allow you to take out only the freighters that carry the drugs and weapons while leaving the other freighters unharmed,” she answers. “This will also allow you to capitalize politically, as the President just advised you,” she says.

Kennedy stands up, putting his hands in his pocket. ”With all due respect, Athena, I don't think politicizing this is the right thing to do,” he says.

“Niko, I appreciate your opinion, but this is non-negotiable,” Athena says in an authoritative tone. “You're already ahead in every national poll. You are to keep the pedal to the floor without letting the competition get a sniff of weakness. The President has given you the authority over his military in your state and you'll use it. Then, you will address the nation. You will speak with great respect toward the President and your nation. You will capitalize on this opportunity, Niko.

“You know as well as I do, that becoming the President is essential to our survival,”
she says before taking a breath. “Time is running short, Kennedy,” she says in an anguished tone of voice. “We can not allow you to be defeated in 2016. Even that may prove to be too late. If it's not, we certainly can not afford a loss. We'd then have to wait until 2020 and by then, Kennedy, all hope is lost.

“I hope you don't take exception to me emphatically insisting your role and what you do, Kennedy. You just need to realize and remember what exactly is at stake here,”
she finally concludes.

”I have not forgotten why I'm here, Athena,” Niko starts out. ”But it is you, and it is Jarvis, and it is the rest of you that need to realize that United States politics is not an easy game to be won. One wrong move could cost us everything.”

“I know this, Kennedy,” she says in a tone that indicates pleading. “That's why I'm doing everything in my power to help you along. To help you make the right decisions with limited civilian casualties.

“I beg you, Niko, I beg you to take our intrusion not as unwelcome, but as a welcome helping hand in attaining what we need for our survival,”
she concludes.

”I understand,” he says in a defeated tone. ”Now that we have the freighters located, I can have the military seize them,” he concludes.

“No,” she insists. “Sink them. Sink every last freighter, Niko,” she concludes.

”Forgive me, Athena,” he begins his reply, but he's quickly interrupted by Athena.

“What will it do for your political aspirations, Governor, if you show not only the people of your nation, but also people of the world, that you will stop at nothing to keep your borders safe? That you will keep your people safe? That you will keep drugs and guns from flooding the streets?” she pauses briefly before continuing. “No, you will sink those freighters, Niko. That's an order.”

James stands up. Kennedy paces as James looks on.

“So, what'll it be, Governor?” James asks with Athena, no longer present.

”As much as I hate it, she's right,” he replies. ”Get Commander Adams on the line.”

James does as he's ordered and places the call. Seconds later, the boisterous voice of Air Force Commander David Adams, booms through the speaker.

“Commander, I have Florida Governor Nikomedes on the line,” James says.

”Good afternoon, Commander, I trust, by now, you've spoken with the President?” Kennedy asks.

”Good afternoon, Governor, indeed I have,” Adams confirms.

”Are your men ready?” Kennedy asks, already guessing the reply he'll get.

”Governor, my men are always ready,” he says, just as Kennedy had predicted in his head.

”Commander, I'm having my Chief of Staff upload some coordinates and beacon tracking IP's to an email I'm having sent to you,” Kennedy says as he looks over at James. A nod is all it takes for confirmation. ”Get your birds in the air and have those ships located. Nine in total,” Kennedy concludes.

”I'll do that, Governor,” says the Commander. “What are our rules of engagement here?” he asks.

”Commander, I want those freighters rotting on the seafloor,” says the Governor, emphatically.

”You're a man of action, Governor,” says the Commander. ”I like that. I'll be in touch when the final ship descends under the surface,” he says just prior to an audible click coming as a signal of a disconnected call.

With the end of the call, comes the end of the scene.

Kennedy Nikomedes now accepts XBUX as campaign contributions.

[Image: AUnmMuB.jpg]

"Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not."
~~Senator Robert F. Kennedy~~
"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer.
Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us seek
our own responsibility for the future."

~~President John Fitzgerald Kennedy~~

"The work begins anew. The hope rises again. And the dream lives on."
~~Senator Ted Kennedy~~
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Kennedy Nikomedes's post:
(08-13-2014), Blizzard (08-10-2014), Ozymandias (08-10-2014), Vincent Lane (08-10-2014)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Kennedy Nikomedes's post!
(08-13-2014)