Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:27 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Power of Persuasian
Mastermind Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-30-2014, 10:18 PM

Persuasion:

Quote:noun
the act of persuading or seeking to persuade.
the power of persuading; persuasive force.
the state or fact of being persuaded or convinced.
a deep conviction or belief.
a form or system of belief, especially religious belief

STUDY #1:

A psychologist says to his class:

"Can you fill in these papers whilst I am away, at the back of the room are stale donuts, they're okay to eat, but I shall bring back fresh ones when I return."

Which part of the sentence was he trying to persuade his class to do?

"Can you fill in these papers whilst I am away, at the back of the room are stale donuts, they're okay to eat,, but I shall bring back fresh ones when I return."

He then leaves the room. The students then start filling in their paper work, some look at the back of the room, and stand up, and they go look at the donuts. The power of suggestion is then in their minds, and because they were told that the donuts were okay to eat, they each take one and ate them. They couldn't wait until their teacher returned with fresh ones.

STUDY #2:

A different psychologist picks two students in his class to have a meal with every day. He has lunch with the first student where he constantly tells him:

"You're doing great work, keep it up, you may even top the class at the end of the semester."

Whilst he takes his female student out for tea and constantly tells her:

"You're not doing very well in my class, I'm constantly showing you what needs to be done, if you keep this up you're going to fail."

What happens? Through the power of suggestion the male students tops the class at the end of the semester after being told every day that he was doing really well, while the female students drops out a few weeks before the end of the semester after being told that she was doing things right, so the power of suggestion got to them both, thinking very differently.

STUDY #3: FOOLING MARK FLYNN

How do you fool a fool? That was the question heading into my showdown with Mark Flynn for the extreme belt. How do you fool someone who tends to throw words right back at you using different techniques? This is how you do it:

STEP 1: Laud him with accolades about how well he's done in past championship reigns, only for him thinking that you are disrespecting him.

STEP 2: Watch him get angry after using the word 'Salvo' in your opening promo to him, and use it against him there after, only for him to constantly contradict himself. And then when you've stopped saying he's angry, after letting him think that you've stopped talking about it, he brings it up that you've stopped when really you haven't.

STEP 3: Whistle so much at the end of your promos that he picks up on it, and then fool him into thinking that you change to humming only for him to suggest he made you change it, when after all that it was actually you lulling him into actually thinking he was the one beyond the move.

STEP 4: Fool him into thinking that your current losses were not needing to be talked about, only for him to say that it's your weakness, and that you're weak, but you are yet to talk about those loses.

STEP 5: Fool him into thinking how incompetent you are when after all is said and done, he's not knowing that he's being played like a fiddle. That all the persuasion that you are doing, comes from him persuading himself that he has done all the persuasion to turn things around on you. Confused yet?

The camera fades in to the mansion of Mastermind. He is found sitting in his chair. He's facing the wall, whilst the back of the chair is facing the camera. He starts whistling... Then he starts humming... Then he goes back to whistling...

"In today's world the power of persuasion is strong. The power of persuasion is all around us, twenty four seven. From television advertisements, to television shows, to the movies, to the newspapers, to media, and from people like us. Every thing we do is persuasion."

Mastermind turns his chair around to face the camera, and starts clapping.

"Mr Flynn you are one stroppy bugger. You think you have this won when I've been pulling the strings all week. I've been lulling you into a false sense of security and you don't even know it."

Mastermind gets up and walked over to a table.

"I know after that last great promo that you did, you'd probably be thinking that you had me beat, and that I would probably curl up in a ball and wave this."

Mastermind held up a white flag.

"Or that you had me in check mate."

Mastermind uncovered a chess board with chess pieces on it, and some pieces showed a check situation. The camera showed Mastermind shaking his head and making a move to get out of check.

"It's not that easy Flynny. Not at all. You see the power of persuasion has me on top. I know you're angry, I know you're easy to persuade, without knowing that I did actually persuade you. We've covered all of that."

Mastermind walks over to the middle of the room, underneath the clothes line, he likes to call the Victory clothesline.

"Here's the elephant in the room. My losses. I'm talking about it now, because it was always the point in time that I was going to talk about, now you're thinking you persuaded me to, na ah. All my planning.

"Let's start with Clyde Baker. Where's he now? He's around but he's not. Yes I lost to this upstart. He was my first match in the XWF. Loss Number 1 Match #1."

Mastermind looks up at the first two t-shirts.

I

MASTERED

AVERY
KAIN'S

MIND

&

I

MASTERED

OUTSIDER
JOEL'S

MIND

"My first two victories followed closely after the loss. I out thought both of them Joel and Avery. I easily dealt to them, but after all that was said and done, the reason was they turned up and they got dealt to by me. So the end result 2 Wins 1 Loss.

"And then I took on Waylon. He's still around. It was a close match, it could have gone either way. But he won it. End result 2 Wins 2 Losses."

Mastermind looks up at the next t-shirt.

I

MASTERED

VELLORE
BROMMER'S

MIND

"This match was a triple threat match between myself, Vellore and Paolo Mancini. Now if I remember right, Flynny, Vellore is a member of the Heyman Alliance. He's still a round. Now to get a victory against a Heyman Alliance is a rare feet indeed, especially for a newbie like myself. So that's now 3 Wins 2 Losses.

"My next match was against Frodo Smackins. Now I couldn't get a win against him, and I'm not sorry about that. He talked plenty of smack. Just like yourself Flynny. But I learnt one thing about that match, and that's not to give up. Not to throw in the white flag, or be check mated. So that's now 3 wins 3 Losses.

"My next match was at the Leap of Faith Pay Per View. It was for the championship scramble for the Ark of the Covenant which I'm proud to say I won twice. Because I am a:"

Mastermind pointed over to the other side of the clothes line where his t-shirt hung:

I

AM

A

2X

ARK OF

THE

COVENANT
CHAMPION

"I still lost that championship scramble so my stats were 3 Wins 4 Losses."

Mastermind looked up and pointed to the next 4 Jerseys.

I

MASTERED

ASHE
DAWSON'S

MIND
TWICE

&

I

MASTERED

JEFF SMITH
&
COSMIC CHARLIE

MINDS

&

I

MASTERED

JOEY
HAWKIN'S

MIND

&

I

MASTERED

SHELBY
COBRA'S

MIND

"So after the Pay Per View I went on a 5 match winning streak, where I beat Ashe Dawson twice. Like I said I bet him once in a Steel Cage.

"I then bet Jeff Smith and Cosmic Charlie in a Triple Threat match at the same time. I bet you haven't been able to do that yourself Flynn. I had them both in my Mind Controller submission move, where they both tapped out at the same time. I once again bet you never have had that happen to you before, or nor could you get that done. The power of positivity can do wonders for you Flynny.

"My next win was against Joseph Hawkins, If you look at it I was the one that made him quit the XWF, because that was his last straw losing to me. And I'm proud that he lost to me and walked out.

"My last win was against Shelby Cobra. She's an easy beat Flynny. You can even beat her if you had the chance. She's a team Heyman wannabe. Another fact that you can consider it was a tag match. I had help, she had help, she had extra help from the Heyman Alliance, and whilst my tag partner, Jessie Kresa kept them at bay, I dealt to Cobra and got us the win. Now let's look at the stats. That's 8 Wins 4 Losses."

"But after my first win against Dawson, I did have a loss against Kraven. Again that was a close match, but I couldn't pull it my way. But I then went on a 3 match winning spree after that match.

"But my last two matches have ended in losses. Against Zoey Ryback, whilst I was essentially thinking about my match with you, and so I dropped the ball so to speak. Not happy with it, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, and you learn from your mistakes and move on.

"And speaking of my last match, I wasn't the one to cost us the first round trios match, it was Zoey's. It was Frodo's mistake from the get go to trust her. I had his back, he had mine. She was the one that got pinned. But that goes against my record.

"My record going into the match against you is 8 Wins 7 Losses. I'm ahead on points."

Mastermind started walking back to his chair.

"Now let's get back to our match. What was it that I said? Oh yea. The power of persuasion is pretty powerful, after all I've just persuaded you into thinking that you were in control of this force em back tit for tat promo releases, but in reality it has been me all along pulling the strings.

"This Wednesday Night/slash Friday Night Warfare I will be one climbing out of the cage and getting the Extreme Championship put around my waist by the referee and becoming the next extreme championship, and there's no amount of sheep killing can do anything about it.

"I am that dam good Mark Flynn. You're just an also ran that use to have a championship around your waist. More fool you. More fool you for thinking that you have out thought me, when I really had out thought you from the get go.

"See you in that cage. See you inside that cage, when I'm outside of it jumping down to win the dam match. Why? Because I am that dam good. I hope the salvo's eat into your temper."

Mastermind goes and sits down on his chair. He starts whistling, and then stops and starts humming, and then stops and gives the finger salute to the camera and turns his chair to face the wall.

Overall - 60 Wins 102 Losses 8 Technicals 2 Draws 1 No Contest
Comeback Record - 10 Wins 24 Losses 1 Draw
7th Year Record 2023 - 5 Wins 16 Losses
6th Year Record 2022 - 5 Wins 8 Losses 1 Draw
5th Year Record 2020 - 7 Wins 12 Losses 1 No Contest
4th Year Record 2019 - 12 Wins 1 Draw 21 Losses
3rd Year Record 2018 - 6 Wins 2 Losses
2nd Year Record 2015 - 1 Wins 9 Losses 2 Technical
1st Year Record 2014 - 24 Wins 34 Losses 6 Technicals

February 2020 Star of The Month
November 2014 Star Of The Month

Former XWF Thursday Night Anarchy Champion - 2022 - 1 Successful Defence
Former Three Time X-Treme Champion
Former Television Champion - 129 Days (Just the 4th TV Champion to break 100 days, and now 4th on the all time list)
Former Two Time Ark of the Covenant Champion
Lost in the 1st Round of the Woodstock Open - Wrestlestock 2019
Semi Finalist in the XWF King of the Ring 2020

50TH CAREER WIN vs TOMMY WISH - Wednesday Night Warfare - 2ND SEPTEMBER 2020

100TH CAREER LOSS vs BOB D - Weekend Warfare - 12TH AUGUST 2023

150TH MATCH vs HGH
100TH MATCH vs LUX - FOR THE TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
50TH MATCH vs DUNCAN B DEADLY

HAVE APPEARED IN 21 PAY PER VIEW MATCHES IN XWF HISTORY

Check out my page for victories and losses

UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PA...CTILrW/pub