Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 05:11 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Anarchy Special" RP Board
Well this is not good. (RP 2)
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-23-2014, 06:55 PM

Tuesday July 15, 2014 – 09:15 AM EST -Apartment 6J - Brooklyn, New York

It has been several weeks since the last time I visited my mother a fact she keeps reminding me of with her barrage of voice mails and text messages. I thought finding out that my father was not actually my father was the worst moment of my life but I think the day my mother discovered text messaging may actually have eclipsed that as the real worst day of my life. Thank God she has not discovered emoticons yet. Why have I not visited my mother in several weeks? The easy answer is that I have been busy working, the harder answer, indeed the more honest answer is that visiting my mother, seeing her happy for the first time in decades makes my stomach turn. It is not that she does not deserve it, she does, I think it is more about my own personal jealousy. Does that make me a bad person and an even worse son? Probably. But it is the truth and what am I if not truthful?

With the Bryan Knight case having been wrapped up over the weekend I have some down time while Nicholas Ian Gerhart gathers intel for our next case. It amazes me how many scum bags there are out there committing sick and vicious crimes. And that is just in New York City. Granted it is one of the biggest cities in the world but still. Sometimes I find myself wondering if there are more good people out there than bad. In case you are wondering, the jury is still out. Regardless of that the next person who finds themselves in my unfortunate crosshairs is somewhat of a special scumbag. As if pedophiles and serial rapists weren’t enough to keep business going we are now moving into uncharted waters.

Terrorism.

Thanks to Matthew's ever excellent hacking abilities I was able to obtain the name and last known picture of a man named Muhammad Abdul Kazemi. Who exactly is Muhammad Abdul Kazemi? He is one of America’s Most Wanted Terrorists. A high ranking member of the terrorist group Al-Qaeda who has recently managed to secure his way into America via the New York harbor. How he managed to do it and why he is here is anyone’s guess and that will certainly be part of what Nicholas is intending to find out.

In the meantime it is off to my mother’s I go. My studio apartment which also doubles as my base of operations is roughly twenty city blocks away from my mother’s apartment. Which takes about twenty minutes assuming that the sidewalks are not full of people who are oblivious to the fact that they are not the only people who choose walking as their way of getting around the city. One of the things I have taken to doing while walking the streets of New York in the daylight is using all of the windows that double as mirrors to watch those behind me. Why do I do this you ask? Well isn’t it obvious? I’m a guy in a mask who goes around killing bad guys. Obviously I am trying to make sure that the police or worse, the feds are not following me around. So far I have yet to pick up a whiff that anyone is on to me and what I do.

Until today.

While walking past a small bodega I happened to catch two middle aged white men in suits and black sunglasses trailing me at about fifty yards away. But that’s not all. I stopped into a small coffee shop two blocks after I spotted my tail and from inside the café I noticed two more men in similar attire across the street trailing the first duo by about another twenty yards. All told that makes four men who I presume to be federal agents based on their get up following me. It’s entirely possible of course that they are following someone else but my gut is telling me that it is in fact me that they are after.

Which leaves me with the following debate; do I try and lose them and then go back home and regroup or do I continue on to my mothers, pretending that I am completely oblivious to their presence? One makes me look guilty the other leads these men to the building where my mother lives, thereby giving them more information on me. There is very little chance that they actually know who I am. The building I bought, the one that houses my apartment and base of operations was purchased using a fake name and paid for in cash. And I was not even the person that met with the previous owner to complete the transaction. I convinced Sebastian to send Jacob to do it so that my face was not scene. While I am out at night making the world a better place I wear a mask, a mask that conceals my face. I have been careful to leave no trace of my existence at all. And certainly nothing that can lead the police or the feds to connecting all the dots.

Under normal circumstances I would call Sebastian and get his input on what he believes to be the most effective way to handle these recent developments but he seems to be a bit predisposed that the moment handing a few matters that he has neglected in the last several weeks. Or so says Sebastian’s appointed mouthpiece. However there is some good news on that front as Sebastian has thankfully emerged from the depths of the Compound to rejoin the rest of civilized society.

After a few moments of playing out all the possibilities in my head I decided to continue the trek to my mothers. The way I see it, leading these guys to my mother’s is infinitely better than leading them to where I live. Additionally, if they are indeed after me then I will be able to confirm it by their still being out in the streets waiting for me when I decide to leave my mothers. Which depending on how she can get from time to time that could be not long after I arrive.

So here we go. Back outside and yes the men in the black suits with the black sunglasses are still there trying their very hardest to blend in. And I suppose it should not be that hard, this is New York after all, millions of people walk the streets every day, many of them in suits, but 4 guys in almost identical suits in pairs of two with identical sunglasses? It is almost like a scene out of The Matrix. That is it, I am being tailed by Agent Smith. Fantastic.

It took about eight minutes to get to my mother’s apartment building, then up six flights of stairs in one hundred and two degree heat because after all, it would not be an apartment building in Brooklyn if it was not owned and run by a slumlord who refused to pony up the cash to fix the elevator that has been out of service for five years. When I finally get to the door to the apartment, Six J I knock. Three times to be exact. I have a key but ever since I officially moved out it felt wrong to just enter the apartment on my own so I know. But this time, despite my mother expecting me there is no answer. So I know three more times. A moment or two passes and still no answer.

Ok not a problem. I will just call her and find out where she is.

I reached into my pocket, pull out my Samsung S 5, (product placement yo) and dial my mother’s phone. Through the door I can hear her phone ringing but she does not pick up. Very atypical of my mother. I suppose she could be in the bathroom or the shower. There is no harm in my keying in and just waiting on the couch, no, nothing wrong with that at all.

I take my keys out, select the proper key, insert it into the lock, turn the door knob open the door and step inside the apartment, making sure to close and relock the door upon fully entering the apartment. And that’s when I hear it.

The sound of a woman in a struggle. Presumably that woman is my mother and the sounds are coming from the back of the apartment. I drop my keys on the table, pick up a knife from the knife set on the kitchen counter and sprint down the hallway and kick in the door to my mother’s bedroom and that’s when I see it.

Do you remember earlier when I told you that the day my mother discovered text messaging may be the worst day of my life?

I was wrong.

So terribly and horribly wrong.

The site of my father Asmodeus on top of my mother as they do the nasty will be forever seared into my brain and without a doubt is in fact the worst day of my life.

Fade to Black.

Or did I pass out?

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like The Enigma's post:
(07-27-2014), Morbid Angel (07-23-2014), Ozymandias (07-23-2014)