Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-05-2024, 10:23 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Angels on High and Fallen to the Ground
PaladinChrisHartt Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

03-10-2013, 09:20 PM

Here we are in an art museum. Those that know it, would recognize it to be the Joslyn Museum in Omaha, Nebraska. In a particular wing, depicting many ancient European treasures, there's a lone figure in front of one particular painting.

[Image: cibot_fallen-angels(2).jpg]

'The Paladin' Chris Hartt sits on a bench before this piece and reads through a small book, as he looks up to the painting at various points.

'This piece is called Fallen Angels by François Cibot. It was painted in 1833 and was based on Milton's Paradise Lost. This depicts defeated, fallen angels from Heaven. And when I saw this, it brought to light what I'm heading into this coming Wednesday.

I'm set to face Sebastian Duke, who considers himself a servant of Lucifer, a fallen Angel himself. Duke apparently follows Satanism. Or at least, he holds to ideals of demons and devils. He adorns himself with symbols of Satan and follows his biological father, High Priest Asmodeus."

Hartt stands and walks toward the painting.

"To say I'm less than impressed is putting it mildly. But, I admit, that all stems from his outward appearance and that's unfortunately judgmental of me. Duke is a towering presence in the ring. When I see him work, I see the same deep, scheming, calculating darkness that can be seen in the eyes of these two fellows, here.

I'm in for a big fight.

This one means a lot not just because of who he is and what he believes and who I am and what I believe. It really stems from more of a surface situation. There've been some who claim I've had it easy for the last 3 weeks and haven't done enough to really earn my record, but the results are clear and not obscured in any way. I fought hard. I fought well. I won.

Now, I'm going to be facing someone who will indeed give me a run for my money. And considering the affectations he chooses to wear, it does make this bout significant."

Hartt turns around and looks idly at his book again.

"Like the deeper meanings of the characters in this painting, Sebastian Duke celebrates the darker sides of life. He holds up the dark, evil and frightening things of life as commonplace and even beautiful. But, to me, it's reaching for low-hanging fruit. Yes, life is dark, scary and deeply unfair, but to wallow among these notions and celebrate it as ideal is just terrible.

I'm not out to change his mind on anything. We're meeting in that ring to try and get a win over each other. That's what I care about the most. The fact that I choose to celebrate the brighter, more beautiful aspects of life is just icing on this cake.

I don't equally wallow in psalms or hymns or any bible verses, but I do think there's more to life than looking to the Dark Side. Consider me more Jedi than that. I'm out to win that match and show Sebastian Duke, as well as any critics that I'm as good as I say I am.

I will give Sebastian Duke a hard battle. This will be no night off for the big man. Make no mistake. I'm going to be at Wednesday Warfare ready to go and set to bring the hardest fight I can to Sebastian Duke. All the dark powers in the world will not save him or make his task any easier.

I have faith. Faith in myself. And that is all I need to gain victory and go as high as I can in the XWF."

Hartt looks back to the painting one last time, then turns and starts to walk away.

"No hellfire or brimstone or slithering serpents will make me believe otherwise."
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes PaladinChrisHartt's post:
(03-13-2013)