Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:49 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap of Faith (June 21st) PPV RP Archive
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelation and the Horrors Surrounding It (or Guilt pt. 2)
Kendall Savannah Sawyer Offline
Repetition is the key to success.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

06-21-2014, 12:46 AM

You see, Kendall was very accurate when her mind wandered to the edge of the abyss, peered over and saw me glaring back at it. Glaring back with a smile wide and gleaming white teeth penetrating her pupils and playing hell with her perception of the world; an act that I wish I could take full credit for but alas even I have to give credit where it's due and thank her for being as curious as she is. Breaking through the toughest parts of one's mind isn't an easy task if they clutch tightly onto the delusions that want to think are facts but as it stands, after the little display I graced her with; she's beginning to rethink everything about her life. From the minor to the major, the mundane to the insane her doubts begin to tug at her psyche little by little and all I can do, nay all I want to do is sit back and watch as the puzzle pieces arrange themselves and she has no choice but to add the finishing touches. Speaking of which, let's turn our attention away from me and to the woman of the hour, as she struggles to keep herself awake while being the third wheel. Safe as she thinks, or more accurately wants to believe she is, she can't put out all the fires of doubt. Sooner or later, one will
slip.

"So, Samuel's thinking of giving me a raise," Jacob says with a resounding confidence very much unlike him as he stabs his fork into a chunk of meat sitting on his plate; where Kendall's eyes had been resting as she tried her hardest not to slash her throat out of boredom. However, at the mere mention of his boss' name, Kendall's eyes widen and she recoils, taken aback. Both Kara, who was seated next to her and Jacob, across bring their eyes away from what they were looking at to catch a glimpse of her laughable over-reaction.

"Do you have to cause a fuckin' scene?" Kara whispers with an angry intensity as she slaps her roommate on the arm.

"Right. It was nothing. Sorry."

Kendall's words came out distant and distracted; as if though she were there physically, her mind was thousand miles away, basking the glory of anywhere but here. Which would be perfectly accurate, because that's exactly what was happening; minus the basking part. No, she was trapped, in a perpetual state of dread locked behind somewhere she didn't quite recognize, but knew she was familiar with. Somehow, some way she felt as though she'd been here before, though this deja vu experience wasn't a happy one. No, being back in whatever environment she was in made her feel trapped. Caged in like an animal. Fear wafted off her very essence as she fell to her knees and stared blankly at the cold, cement wall. One scan of the room gave her a glimpse of one thing that became synonymous with her recent string of luck and reminded her instantly of why it all felt so familiar.

A single chair.

She wasn't in some demon infested pit of Hell; at least not by the commonplace, accepted, conventional standards. No, where she found herself was much more damaging than any Hell conceived in the pages of religious texts and the twisted writings of the demented alike.

This was her Hell.

And into the room stepped her Devil.

"Why, hello. Long time, no see."

She didn't look back to the door; she didn't have to. She heard the voice and that was reason enough for her blood to run cold and for her hair to stand up. Though Klein couldn't see it, he could feel the color draining from her face and smiled as he guessed that her eyes were popping out of her skull like an old cartoon; a notion that wasn't entirely false. With hands shaking, along with the rest of her body, she pressed her palms to the floor and tried her hardest to push herself up but something -- be it the crushing weight of this scenario on her psyche or how suddenly weak she's become keeps her stuck on her knees, unable to gain the slightest ground. Even though she tried to look as confident as she could; keeping her head up high and even striking a smile there was nothing that she could do to hide her discomfort.

"Go to Hell," she hissed back in the most ironic choice of words to ever grace my ears.

"And what good will that do?" Klein spoke, sauntering through the doorway and into the room with a smile wide enough to rival my own as I watch this scene unfold. He reaches to his waistband and pushes his jacket away, revealing only to me that he is in fact armed.

"When I'm already in your head?"

"You aren't," she desperately pleaded, hoping that her brain would remove all remembrance of her newfound Bogeyman and yet, since the mind doesn't work like that, she remains trapped in this room, stuck in an odd stasis and unable to look the only other person here to keep her company in the eye. There's something funny about this to me, though what it is exactly, I'll keep to myself.

"Oh dear, why d'ya feel the need to lie to me like that? Can't you see how upset it makes me?"

As the last words fell out of his mouth he sidestepped past Kendall, right into her field of vision with the gun drawn and pointed at her stomach. Not her head, of course not her head. Her stomach. Kendall's heart skipped a beat before going into overdrive, pounding in her chest like the furious knocks on the door the last time I had a hold on her mind. All the while she found a way to abstain from peering into the eyes of the armed daemon in front of her, which worked out arguably for the better as I don't think she'd like what she see if she did.

"Huh? You gonna sit there staring or are you gonna say something?"

"Go to Hell, she repeated, though her tone sounded much less defiant this time around. More defeated and somber, almost accepting of the fate she felt was imminent. Then, something out of the ordinary happened.

"Fine. You want me in Hell so bad?"

He extended the hand that he held his gun with out towards the distraught woman begging feverishly with a God whose existence she doubts at least until it's convenient not to, and slaps her across the face to break her trance.

"Put me there."

Shakily, she reached out and took the gun for herself. With a struggle, she made it back to her feet and took aim. Samuel responded to that by looking down at his watchless wrist and uttering with the utmost impatience:

"I don't got all day."

So, she stepped up right next to him. Placed the gun right against his stomach.

And pulled the trigger.

Before she could even admire her handiwork or look away in disgust and shock, she found herself plucked out of the cement walled room and back in the booth at the very same restaurant she zoned out in. Luckily enough, right as the overworked, underpaid waiter stopped at their table and asked them if they were enjoying everything.

"Yes," Kendall said before ordering alcoholic beverage since the night before her first AA meeting.

Though, who could really blame her?

Awardments and Accoladations:

Last European Champion (Won April 28, 2014 -- Unified into the Universal Title May 19th, 2014)
Tag Team Champion (w/ ???) (Won August 13, 2014 -- Lost December 10, 2014)
Star of the Month (April 2014)
Wannabe Jessie Diaz (You know, if you're stupid Swagmire)
11-6

“Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.” ― Mary Shelley
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kendall Savannah Sawyer's post:
Ozymandias (06-22-2014)