Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-16-2024, 12:58 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap of Faith (June 21st) PPV RP Archive
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saying Her Name
Steve "KingSlayer" Davids Offline
Steve Davids

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

06-17-2014, 11:20 AM

“A man who's greatest victory was the conquering of loss, peril and great sorrow.”

Those words echoed through my head like words in a church.

Rain fell gently from the grey above.

There I stood, staring at the grave of the man who died in order to protect me. The most loyal man I ever knew. Stewart was an old warrior and I don't think anyone understood just how much he meant to me.

I fell to my knees, pitifully, and tears begun to stream down my red, bearded face. The stallion had been through so much in his life. From the traumatic death of his own son and the abandoning by his family. Stewart was alone until he met me.

That day in the faithful hall where I met him, staring upon a throne. He taught me the importance of respect and as a man I grew under his wing. Since I lost Blaine to the murderous death and HER to betrayal, Stewart was pretty much all that I had remaining...

Nothing.

This great man stayed honest to who he was and here he lies with no one here to comfort him. No one here to mourn him.

Alone and isolated I remained by the headstone with my head in my hands.

“This was all because of me. No matter where I go in the world and no matter who I befriend it always ends the same.”

Then my sadness turned to anger and my anger turned to fury.

I begun to punch the floor aggressively until a soft hand clenched at my chest. Then I turned into her eerie yet moving gaze. Her eyes were lit with a tear and I had to close mine for a moment. When I reopened them she pecked me on the cheek gently and held me in her arms as if she were cradling a child.

I continued to cry as I leant into her body. She slowly moved her hand down my hair and tried to calm me down. But I continued to shake, forwards and backwards. Forwards and backwards.

“Why are you here?” I struggled to say those words through my cries.

“Shhhh now.” She put her finger to my lips and pecked me on the forehead and held my head over her shoulder. She looked into the distance, her eyes twinkled with a tear and she shuddered with a thought.

My hairs rose from their usual stance as I moved my head back and looked into her eyes.

“You betrayed me.” I said with a groan in my voice.

“You never let me explain my actions though Steve. You don't know what that man is capable of Steve. Behind your back, that whole in time he was the definition of evil.” She burst into tears and then I was cradling her head against my chest instead. I lifted her to her feet and speedily walked away from Stewart's gravestone. I could not bare to look at his headstone any longer. Especially since it was entirely my fault that he was there.

We found a near by bench that was located under a grand oak tree. The gentle rain hadn't made it's way through the leaves and so we sat and looked out amongst the vicious battle of sunlight and dark cloud. The cloud was winning. The garden of corpses added to the sadness of the conversation. I struggled to believe the words that emerged from her mouth.

“You have to understand me right now Steve. He has been out to get you since the word go. I cannot tell you why just yet but I want you to think back. The day that you sat down with Blaine, may he rest in peace, in your old dark house and met Mark in the eeriness. The day he sat you down and asked you about your life. The day he questioned everything from your actions to your belief, from your Father's abandonment to your Mother's death. You said he knew more about you than what was ordinary. Why was that?”

“Well, he had really done his research.”

“And why is that Steve? He knew that you had murdered people. How?!”

“Well a lot of the locals knew. Mainly, I was forgiven. My mother died at my hand remember, people understood the trauma.”

“You cannot believe you were truly forgiven can you Steve? Murder is the most unforgivable thing. Do you not remember!?”

“Of course I remember. How could I ever forget? The faces of my victims are merely a shadow now though, even those who I vowed never to forget. That is not my choice but time leeches at the memory.”

Then I turned to her and looked her in the eyes. I knew she was holding something back but for the life of me could not work out what it was. What had happened to her? What had I ever done wrong to make her betray me. Despite the wound being old it still cut deep. Deeper than perhaps it should have.

A single rain drop trickled through the leaves and her on the face. I wiped away the rain drop from her cheek. She had a sad smile on her face as she looked through the fire in my eyes.

“You always had a heart behind those fiery eyes. Not many people can see it though.”

“And thank God for that. I wouldn't have it any other way... On a different note, how am I meant to stand a chance this Sunday at Leap of Faith? Yes, I am one of the most dominant men in the business but my mind is in a different world entirely. I have no desire to fight right now. Not even the mongloid that is Tony Santos is annoying enough for me to kick the shit out of at this time. Pryce, well Pryce is Pryce. Nothing more to say about that man, you and I both know what he is about. In reality though, I know that I will not walk away with the Television Championship and right now, I'm not so sure that I mind. Any other time and I would be desperate to walk away with that championship. Yet these men are focused. It's one week away and all I can think about is Stewart. Is Mark. Is you. I have no idea what is going around in this fucking shit storm of a life right now but nobody can expect me to be finding this at all easy.”

She frowned.

“You aren't meant to find mourning a death easy Steve. However, your lack of concentration concerns me simply because nothing means more to you than that federation. Or so I thought.”

“No you are right. I suspect the main reason that you cheated on me was because that I was too focused. That's the reason you left and betrayed me.”

“I never left.”

“Oh, but you did. The moment your lips were placed on his, you left me. If you truly loved me you wouldn't be willing to rip my heart apart just like that.”

“Oh but I would. If it meant saving your life. Some people say there are things worth more than love. Life. Life is worth more than love. And I stand by my decision because it may well have saved your life.”

“What on earth are you talking about?”

“Mark, Steve. If I didn't do what I did he would have had you killed in a heart beat.”

“I'm afraid I don't understand.”

“I wouldn't expect you to. Your father chasing you down, Silver coming after you, all of it. That was all Mark. I tried to put an end to it by doing what I did but he changed his mind. He is a greedy man and he always wants more and what he can't have. Well he cannot have me any more.”

“Are you telling me that prick has been after me from the very start?”

“And he will keep coming from you until he has you. We have got to get out of here... The reason he is after you? You murdered his brother when you were younger. You strangled him and burnt him alive. That's why Mark wants vengeance. Now please can we get out of here!”

“We are doing no such thing. And you need to leave right now.”

“What do you mean? Why?”

“Just trust me. I will call you or text you in the coming days and we shall meet. I promise you.”

She stood immediately. A tear rolled down her face once more.

“Steve, I love you.”

“I love you too, Lacey.

The words were nothing other than a whisper in the wind. That was the first time I could say her name and that was more difficult than saying that I loved her.

[Image: Gtfmgih.jpg]

3x Xtreme Champion
1x Briefcase Holder
1x Television Champion
1x Universal Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve "KingSlayer" Davids's post:
Morbid Angel (06-18-2014), Ozymandias (06-17-2014)