Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-28-2024, 07:57 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap of Faith (June 21st) PPV RP Archive
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Ditch Effort (RP 1)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

06-15-2014, 07:11 AM

Pryce Industries
Theo Pryce’s Office

Theo is pacing about his office looking like he has no clue as to what he is supposed to be doing. And while Theo has never been one to spend 40 hours a week actually working, wondering around aimlessly is a bit atypical for him. Thankfully, or unthankfully depending on your perspective, Theo’s pacing is stopped by his sister Erica when she comes into the office, a stack of papers in her hands. She stops dead in her tracks when she sees Theo standing in his office.

“Theo what are you doing here?”

“This is still my office is it not? Or did you successfully wrestle my company from me?”

“I’m not kidding Theo. This path you are wondering down will not end well for you. And I will not allow you to destroy what we have built.”

“What I have built. Our father laid the ground work but I turned that foundation into the tower you are now standing in. I took a company and turned it into an empire. Me. If I want to get coked out of my fucking skull in my free time or on the company dime I will and there is not a God damn thing you can do about it. So stop pretending otherwise. Now, why are you here? Because based on your reaction you didn’t expect me to be and this is still my office. So fill me in.”

“I’m here to work.”

“Funny so am I. Except this is my office, this is where I conduct business. You have an office. A very nice office I might add. So why aren’t you in it?”

“I needed to check over some paper work that I brought in here yesterday as well as drop off some new memos. I didn’t expect you to be here.”

“That much is obvious by your reaction to pacing about my office. Now, why didn’t you expect me to be here? This is my office. This is my company.”

“Yes it is but you were in a hospital not even a week ago. I figured you would be at home resting.”

“I had an overdose, I wasn’t shot. I don’t need rest. I need to get clean.”

“I’ve heard that before.”

“Yeah I know.”

“Have you talked to Lila? I’m curious as to what her reaction will be to all of this.”

“I have not. She hasn’t answered my calls and from what I have seen, she seems rather pissed off. I’m not sure there is any coming back from this cluster fuck. The irony is that I’ve been an asshole to so many women, more than I can even remember, and it’s the one that I actually care about, the one I treat right that thinks I’m a monster.”

“Well Theo, at some point it all catches up to you. I can’t say I have a whole lot of sympathy for you.”

“I wonder if you would feel that way if something were to happy to Nathaniel, he’s not exactly devoid of enemies you know.”

“I guess we will find out, if and when that day ever comes.”

“According to you, it all catches up, so it’s not a matter of if but when.”

“We’ll see.”

“Yes we will.”

“Why don’t you go and visit her? See what she has to say in person?”

“That makes complete sense Erica. Lila has yet to answer any of my calls so obviously that means she wants to see me in person.”

“Well I just figured you didn’t want this hanging over you forever. Don’t you want some answer? Even if it’s not the one you might want to hear.”

“Erica, the day I want advice from someone who was knocked up buy a NAZI is the day I swan dive off the top of this building. Do whatever you came to do and leave. You’re giving me a headache.”

“Whatever Theo. I’m just trying to help.”

“And I’m sure you believe that.”

Theo goes back to pacing around his office while Erica drops off the stack of paper work that was in her hand. After doing that she walks over to the table situated in the far corner of Theo’s office, looks through a few papers and then leaves the office without saying another word to Theo.

Theo then walks over to his desk opens the top left hand drawer and pulls out a small silver ring. He puts it on his finger and after a slight twist disappears during a small light show.

The Treasury of the Abbey of Saint Maurice d’Agaune Exhibit
The Louvre – Paris, France

As the scene fades back in we see Theo standing along the far wall, looking at one of the paintings fixated in the center of the wall. From behind a young woman with dark brown hair approaches him.

“Belle est-ce-pas?” (“Beautiful isn’t it?”)

Theo turns around and is now staring face to face with Lila. The color immediately drains from her face as her eyes widen.

“Theo.”

“Hello Lila.”

“What are you doing here?”

“I came to talk to you.”

“I’m working.”

“Yes I’m aware of that. I did get you this job after all. Are you enjoying it? ”

“What do you want Theo?”

“To try and straighten some things out.”

“I have nothing to say to you.”

“Yes I figured that based on you not answering my calls. You had to know that this was the next logical thing for me to do.”

“I did. I was hoping that you would take the hint but I should have known better.”

“Lila, there is so much I want to say to you…”

“Unfortunately for you I don't want to hear any of it. I need to get back to work. Please leave.”

“I believe your shift is ending soon, will you at least do me the courtesy of meeting me at the café around the corner so we can talk?”

“Why should I do that?”

“Because I think a lot happened last week, not all of which can be taken at face value and because I think you owe it to me.”

“I owe you nothing.”

“This job, the home you currently live in would both indicate otherwise.”

“So that’s it then? I come and speak to you or you take my job and loft away from me?”

“No. I gave you both of those things because I wanted to. And they are yours to keep. I am really not the person you think I am.”

“You’re a liar and a drug addict.”

“I only lied about being a drug addict.”

“That’s one lie too many. And it’s certainly not the only one, we both know that. Now please leave.”

“Will you meet me at the café?”

“I don’t know.”

“Please Lila.”

“I don’t know.”

Theo takes the small silver ring off his finger and places it in Lila’s hands. “Here, take this.”

“What is it?”

“It’s the trinket I took from Ozuul, the one that allows me to travel through time and space.”

“Why would I want it?”

“I had it for two reasons, one was so I could go back and forth between Earth and Ozuul. A planet that is now dying and thus one I will not be going back to. The other reason was so that I could continue to see you as often as possible despite you living on the other side of the world. Something that I can clearly see you no longer wish for me to do. So, if you show up to the café you can bring the ring with you and maybe you’ll give it back to me. If you don’t show up, then give it back to your father. Or keep it. I don’t care which. I hope to see you again soon but if not. Take care.”

Lila closes her hand around the ring and turns around to watch as Theo exits the exhibit.

As he said he would Theo walked to the café, sat down at one of the tables outside, ordered a coffee and waited. He waited for over two hours which was about an hour longer than it would have taken if Lila had come directly after work as he had requested. She didn’t and so Theo had the answer he needed. It was officially over between him and Lila. And now he would take a taxi to the airport and then board the first available plane back to Phoenix a broken man.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
Scorpio (06-15-2014), Tony Santos (06-15-2014)