Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-20-2024, 03:36 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Should wins/losses count?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
7 50.00%
No
14.29%
2 14.29%
Peter Gilmour opted out
35.71%
5 35.71%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RTX Vote
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-30-2014, 09:32 PM

It was a topic of discussion the other night on whether or not RTX wins and losses should count for or against your XWF records. In my own view, I looked at RTX as a separate entity. However, some seem to think that its lack of counting as part of your XWF 'careers' damages its legitimacy as a show/brand.

So, the question is, should RTX wins/losses count just like XWF wins/losses?
Hate Post Like Post
JonPlex Offline
Top Shelf MFER

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

04-30-2014, 09:35 PM

I think it's silly people keep up with a w/l record IMO

[Image: 289ul2.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-30-2014, 09:49 PM

I do it for my own characters, but only because I'm obsessed with stats.... don't know why.... anyhow, no one should be too concerned with wins and losses. If you are, this ain't the place to be. XWF is probably the hardest place in the world to win on a constant basis.
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

04-30-2014, 09:53 PM

i dont think it really matters

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Fn Gilmour's post:
Unknown Soldier (05-01-2014)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

04-30-2014, 09:56 PM

personally.. i'd opt out of having standings

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Dr. Honkey Shadows Offline
Trust Me I'm A Doctor

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

04-30-2014, 10:34 PM

(04-30-2014, 09:35 PM)JonPlex Said: I think it's silly people keep up with a w/l record IMO

I think the convo started because I was joking about not signing up for the show because I wanted my losses with this character to be official lol.

[Image: Commodus-Joffrey-590x360.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dr. Honkey Shadows's post:
Ozymandias (05-01-2014)
Morbid Angel Offline
Баба Яга

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

05-03-2014, 06:06 AM

I think a win loss record is important and not having it count or not remembering how many wins you have means you probably don’t win much lol. I keep track and I lie because I can but at the end of the day I can tell you that my wins outweigh my losses and to me that is important and it also (in my opinion) shows title holders that when I challenge I mean business because if you lose a lot then when it boils down to a fight will you give 100%? Some yes and some no…It keeps everyone in a standing so the General Managers know when someone is worthy of a title shot. As of right now the title shots are not handed out by wins but how people accept. In a earlier conversation did we discuss using a win/loss record to determine who is next in line for title shots.

I may have been joking about people saying that the ones who don’t care are the ones that don’t win much. But it is a little thing so why not keep track? It hurts no one and it takes less than a minute to update.

I am proud of my (true) win loss record to me it shows that my hard work does not go unnoticed

Before someone cracks a joke on me for my win / loss record…here is the official tally for Morbid Angel - 18 wins and 5 losses. this does not include rumbles.

болезненное ангел!
[Image: 8IZ5unY.png]

Intercontinental Champion
TRIO CHAMPION x2
UNIVERSAL CHAMPION x2
UFO Champion x2
Ark Champion x2
Heavy Metal Champion x2
Xtreme Champion x3
Won at War Games 2014
Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

05-03-2014, 06:33 AM

Well whether a person counts wins or loses is a separate issue from whether your match results on RTX should count.

For instance, say as Theo I said that I can't be bothered to track my win lose record, so I couldn't tell you off the top of my head how many wins or loses I have that doesn't mean that if say Morbid beats me that I can claim ignorance or pretend like it didn't happen simple because I don't track my record.

Now as it pertains to RTX...because people who have been wrestling in XWF are eligible to participate in RTX than yes I think wins and loses should count. It's not a true development show like NXT where people go BEFORE they come to the XWF, if that were the case than yes, records should not matter. But because you can wrestle in both than the records should count.

But at the end of the day none of it should matter because it's a fake character in a fake federation.

[Image: uuNaMEP.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Morbid Angel Offline
Баба Яга

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

05-03-2014, 07:04 AM

Ozy that is some cold shit. Saying we’re fake?…that’s cold.

Years ago in a federation far, far away I was talking with a man and we talked about why we all joined in a federation like this and partake in such a competition. He told me something that made a lot of sense.

The reason we are here is to win, we are here to defeat and get that confidence boost, we are here to get the ego bump. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

Those were not his exact words…it was years ago and my mind does not remember the exact phrasing but that was the point he was making. We are here to win and we are here to conquer others because regardless of what happens in real life, this is something that can change a mood. Working at McDonalds feeling like shit…go home and beat Theo Pryce for the Crown…SUSCESS!

This is a fake federation with fake people, though sometimes people can’t separate the two worlds it still is something no matter how you look at it.

RTX should count because people try and they roleplay for a match like anyone else. Perhaps in a different category?

болезненное ангел!
[Image: 8IZ5unY.png]

Intercontinental Champion
TRIO CHAMPION x2
UNIVERSAL CHAMPION x2
UFO Champion x2
Ark Champion x2
Heavy Metal Champion x2
Xtreme Champion x3
Won at War Games 2014
Hate Post Like Post
SwagMire

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-03-2014, 07:09 AM

To an extent I don't see it mattering, but it does really matter to some, and to a degree. I use it not as a gauge for who I've bested and who can suck my ass, but as a gauge for how good I am as an author, and how much I can improve. If my loss record is 23 and wins is 3, it lets me know I have to work on things, if it's more even I'm not so bad. It's more of an improvementometer for me. I didn't count Frodo's RTX match officially for his record because of the IC excuse of just being back alive, but I still mention it. Because Swagmire kept losing I kept looking for ways to improve him. Ja feel?