Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-08-2024, 11:10 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Anarchy Special" RP Board
Eyesight to the Blind -- There's a Whole World Out There
Kendall Savannah Sawyer Offline
Repetition is the key to success.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

04-20-2014, 04:45 PM

Greetings, everyone.

I want you to listen; and I want you to listen good as I sprinkle the finishing touches of dirt over the unmarked grave sight of whatever point Romulus Heinrich Winters was trying to make. I say this not out of arrogance, only because the poorly argued, fallacy laden statement he issued can also add "poorly defended" to the list of failures achieved. You see, Romulus not only finds a way to sink his own argument with his defense, but also to make himself seem like a completely different person than he was in what I will dub from here on out as: "Part One".

Let's take it from the top.

Attacking my word choice of all things? Seriously? No, please enlighten me as to how the words I chose to debate (decimate) your prior points is relevant to the topic at hand? I'm seriously waiting because conventional logic would dictate that there's no relation, sans the possibility that I was using obscure words in a hackneyed scheme to divert attention away from what I was saying to how I was saying it to cover up for a weak argument, which was most certainly not the case in the slightest as even with the vocabulary of a Second Grader, I would be able to poke the same holes into the same pieces of your claims.

Nice Ad Hominem though. Next I'll be told I don't know how to make a point because I'm a woman or something equally as chauvinistic or otherwise blatantly idiotic.

Or, he can call me a Know it all bitch. That works too.

Finally, when he decides to get to the meat of this issue (which takes about as long as the previous one did), he decides to start off immediately with addressing my confusion towards Hannibal's inclusion on his little list. He assures us all that is indeed Hannibal of Carthage and that he chose him because, well I'll let him say it:

Quote:You know, I used Hannibal as an example due to his strategic prowess.

Now, that's all fine and dandy. However, I also remember you saying, in regards to this list you initially put Hannibal on:

Quote:All these names you hear are synomous with evil.

Right. No mention of Hannibal's strategic prowess and don't try to pawn off an inept defense that it was implied when you stated flat out that every single one of the names on your list was, as you so eloquently put, "synomous" with evil. That in turn leads someone who's somewhat knowledgeable about what you're talking about to ask the question: "How was Hannibal evil?" Because that's exactly what you stated and yet now you're attempting to turn it all around and make it seem like he was chosen for a different reason.

However, I could sit here all day and argue the stupidity behind that comment but I have more things to attend to than just that.

Such as your justification for having both Hitler and Stalin on your list. Now, if the implications weren't what they were, this wouldn't be an issue but you said one thing that does make this into a huge issue. As was the case with the rest of the quotes I've played, I'll play this one too, verbatim. That way he can't claim I was paraphrasing him:

Quote:But I have gone by many names over the years, in essence.

Followed by his list. However, there is no "in essence" in this situation; you've either gone by all those names or you haven't. It's simple, really. This is a literal list, and you claimed to be not only two people from the same time period but also two opposing dictators. Explain that one. There is no metaphor contrived enough to make it work. Yet, he claims that instead all I'm trying to do is shoot him down.

That's exactly what I'm doing, Romulus.

And you claim that since you have the fan's approval, and that Ozymandias isn't complaining that my opinion is irrelevant. Okay. Remember when I said that he changed his personality radically? This is where the major shift happens: he turns into a sarcastically overacting comedy act trying to mock my points with faux offense. Remember when I said you can't kill ideas?

You tried.

You failed.

However, you fall back into the realm of a wannabe Big Bad with a bruised ego rather nicely after that intrusive effort at beating me over the head with snark. I swear, I was going to cry, your rendition of someone overcompensating for their actual hurt feelings was so hilarious.

Partially because of how accurate the depiction was.

He then compares me to Hermione Granger from Harry Potter based on the intelligence I exhibited in my previous debunking, then questions my common sense while he's still trying to argue that he's a frightening, powerful force. Needless to say, I find myself in complete and utter shock at the hypocrisy, which I feel as though I should've gotten used to by now coming from him. Yet, the Crowning Moment of Stupid in this promo has to be his "truth" about me.

I'm, jealous.

I'm jealous of Romulus Heinrich Winters.

I fear him because he's better than me.

Yeah, sure. Again, miss the point about how no one should fear you. Miss all these points and try to twist the "facts" into this grandiose lie that I'm sure you can't even believe. Claim other people are "irrelevant" while you grapple with the cusp of relevance yourself, and that's a polite assumption. More accurately however, is the assumption that you aren't relevant and as such have no legitimate claim to make on other's relevance. I, on the other hand, through victory and a lack of the same cowardice you show by claiming relevance as the reason why you didn't accept the first challenge thrown your way.

Go on, smack me like you're saying you will. I want you to.

Oh, and because you're hearing impaired, I'll repeat: I'm Agnostic. What's up with the God comment?

Come Madness, Romulus: you won't achieve anything you claim you're going to and expose yourself as the worthless troglodyte you really, truly are.

However, Romulus isn't the only person not affiliated with Paul Heyman in this match. As such, I feel the need to point out the rest of the confirmed participants now.

Calamity Trigger. Escaped mental patient, who revels in that fact because she knows it can be used as the perfect buffer; the perfect wall; the perfect escape from having to own up to her failures when they do occur. What more can be said? I don't think anyone could point you in the right direction as to where to find the last match she even competed in.

Michael McBride. Someone who actually has beaten Romulus. That's a fun little fact, but that's where the positives of him that I've seen end. Something I can point out right away his losing record. This is entirely relevant, regardless whether or not he wants to make a claim in the opposition's favor. He could make the claim that wrestling isn't necessarily the most important thing to him as compared to the other activities that he brings up often but if wins and losses aren't in some way important to you; why are you in a competitive field? This is a competition McBride, not some everybody wins Participation Leagues. You won't win a ribbon for trying.

John Black. From what my research has uncovered: career loser. A running gag of sorts, as he's placed in all sorts of precarious situations. Not much else.

The Vine. Debuting. Passionate. In over his head. He claims to not be a rookie, which I know not the authenticity of said claims, however he's walking into a much different place than he realizes. All of his passion and love for the business won't be able to help him when the time for action begins, and he's left floundering. The curtain will fall before the Act even begins.

And lastly, Minxs. The woman that Zak Misery claimed he was more interested in watching than actually competing himself. The woman who lives a never ending, never lampshading barrage of over the top drama and insane amounts of intervention from Demigods, Vampires, etcetera. Now, all of this seems all fine and dandy, except for when it comes to the only reason any of this is known about her or her brother, wrestling for those of you who forgot that's what they're technically employed to do, in which case they're hilariously incompetent.

It's almost sad.

But since they're so deluded, it isn't.

Not one bit.

Awardments and Accoladations:

Last European Champion (Won April 28, 2014 -- Unified into the Universal Title May 19th, 2014)
Tag Team Champion (w/ ???) (Won August 13, 2014 -- Lost December 10, 2014)
Star of the Month (April 2014)
Wannabe Jessie Diaz (You know, if you're stupid Swagmire)
11-6

“Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.” ― Mary Shelley
Edit Hate Post Like Post