Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-05-2024, 07:38 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Beginning of The End
benjamincrane Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Tweener/Neutral

(crowd reaction varies; dips between face & heel)

03-02-2013, 10:57 PM

(scene opens in a gym with a wrestling ring where we see Lord Monolith teaching Wonderboy)

(they lock up, Crane applies a hold, WonderBoy counters, then Crane counters and lets go)

Crane: That's good. You're picking things up very quickly.

WonderBoy: You think I'm ready for a match?

Crane: Not yet. I'm not going to let you in there until I'm certain you can win. Now, you can hang, you can compete but I don't think you could win. Show me that, I and I'll get you a match.

WonderBoy: Break?

Crane: Yeah.

(Crane grabs a water bottle out of a cooler by the turnbuckle and tosses it to WonderBoy)

(Crane gets one for himself and the two sit in the middle of the ring)

WonderBoy: So all that stuff you said about "killing" the XWF, you really mean it?

Crane: Of course. See, you're a strapping young lad who has had his fair share of ladies, am i right?

WonderBoy: You're not wrong.

Crane: So you've never known the feeling of loving something so much only to find out you weren't loved back.

WonderBoy: Nope.

Crane: Well, that's what wrestling is to me. I've loved it all my life. My earliest memory is watching wrestling with my family. It goes back that far.

WonderBoy: Wow...

Crane: Mhm. But for all the love I've poured into it, all I've ever gotten back was disappointment. That's why I retired.

WonderBoy: And you came back because you thought you could change it.

Crane: I hoped I could. I thought I was making progress. But I let three title opportunities slip through my fingers, I get teamed up with jobbers and losers, and this past week's Warfare only confirmed my concerns.

WonderBoy: How? I mean they were giving you a chance to face the US Champ if you'd won right?

Crane: True, and the four of us were having a great match. But then, typical wrestling logic stepped in. Two goons were put out there who had NO REASON to be there. And guess who it costs? ME. This was supposed a Fatal 4-Way and yet there were two guys out there that shouldn't have been and because of them, I lost. TO SEBASTIAN DUKE.

WonderBoy: Yeah...he kinda stole that one didn't he?

Crane: Sure, but he's an opportunist like me. I've stolen one from him before. So I can't hang that on him. If the roles were reversed, I would have done the same thing. The root problem is that politics and brown nosing got these two guys involved but for what reason? I'll tell you why, it's basic wrestling stupidity. Which is what's wrong with the entire industry as a whole.

When I came back I wanted to bring some "honor" to XWF. But watch the match last week, what HONOR is there in two guys not involved in the match deciding it's outcome? Fact is, XWF is falling under the same spell as WWE and TNA. Which only means things are gonna get worse. There will be no honor here. And that means XWF must die.

WonderBoy: But the stuff we're doing, isn't it kind of WWE-ish?

Crane: (smirks) Much like the Comedian, instead of going against the system I've decided to become a parody of it. If Vince McMahnon and Hulk Hogan want ridiculous garbage, if that's what the fans want? Then game on.

WonderBoy: So, you got a game plan for Gambit yet?

Crane: Well, he's gonna be tough. Those exploding playing cards and he's really good with a staff too. But at the end of the day, I wield the Black Power. He's no match.

WonderBoy: I don't think it's the X-Men's Gambit you're going against.

Crane: No? Hrm. Best not to underestimate him, though.. Even if he doesn't have exploding cards, who knows what kind of power he possesses.

WonderBoy: Damn, you are crazy aren't you?

Crane: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I'm trying something different because what I was doing wasn't working. How is that crazy?
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes benjamincrane's post:
(03-04-2013)