Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-16-2024, 09:22 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Thaddeus Knows: RP 1
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

04-01-2014, 05:22 PM

Year 2514 – Early Morning – Connecticut County – American Empire

It's early morning here in 2514 and I have to say I kind of like it here. There's something to be said for the future. Or at least this version of it. No cars or computers or telephones, or really any kind of modern technology at all. It's just human beings that have once again, become one with Mother Nature.

The village is still fast asleep in their huts. I sit alone by the dwindling fire. Alone with my thoughts for the first time in quite awhile. For so long now, I've been bouncing back and forth from this time to mine. Traveling through time and space. Bringing Caitlyn back to my time. Dropping myself back and forth through the wormhole fighting old friends within the XWF in my time and fighting enemies here in this time.

Griffin MacAlister.

Where did it all go wrong? He and I were so close at one point. Close enough that we could have easily called each other brothers. That friendship was fractured and splintered over what? The XWF's version of Mary Magdeline. The whore of Babylon. Alexandra Callaway.

It was fractured over her and completely blown up by the fact I took the life of Griffin's brother right in front of his eyes. The dream team of Griffin MacAlister and Sebastian Duke finally came to an end last Wednesday night at Warfare when MacAlister buried me alive.

It was a match of great significance. It ended the tag team championship reign of the longest reigning tag team champions of the written history of the XWF. It dissolved our partnership. It signified that our friendship was indeed, dead and buried.

Part of me hopes that when Griffin was alone after the match that he regretted what happened between us. I know I do. Together, he and I could have remained tag team champions until we either retired from the industry or until the day we died. Knowing the both of us, probably the latter.

Like I've said a million times and will probably say a million times more. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Griffin and I started as enemies, and now here we are over a year later and we're enemies yet again. Early in my time here in the XWF, I was enemies of The Black Circle. Then I joined them. Together, we became the most dominant force in the XWF. A dominance that since my departure and subsequent re-emergence as part of The Black Circle, has yet to be reclaimed. It's a fact, but also a fact that John, Nathaniel and I plan on changing real soon.

The birds begin chirping and many of the villagers begin to arouse from their slumber. I'm happy to see Thaddeus emerge from his hut and come over. He sits beside me on a tree stump.

THADDEUS: “Where did you go?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I had some personal business to tend to.”

THADDEUS: “I'm not sure how you do it, but I can be talking to you one minute, turn my back for just a second, turn again to look at you and you're gone. Nowhere to be found.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “It's part of being the King of Darkness, I suppose.”

THADDEUS: “What the hell is a King of Darkness, anyway?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I'll tell you about it one of these days.”

It really was my only option in order to avoid telling him 'oh yeah, that contraption I carry in my pocket allows me to venture through time.' This kid is going through a lot of confusion right now. Telling him that right now, would only confuse him even more.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “How are you doing?”

THADDEUS: “Living, I guess.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I'm sorry you saw what you saw.”

THADDEUS: “I've been doing some thinking about that.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What about it?”

THADDEUS: “I've realized that, I'm going to do exactly what I said I was going to do.”

I don't think I like where this is heading.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What exactly are you trying to say?”

THADDEUS: “The other day in the castle. I told King George I'd be coming for his head.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Thaddeus, you can't do that. I forbid it.”

THADDEUS: “Are you really ordering me? Because last I checked, you're not really my father.”

If only he knew. He's certainly head strong, I'll give him that. Like father, like son. Almost to a fault.

THADDEUS:

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Well no. I guess I can't order you. I just want you to really think about what it'd mean if you went to war against the King.”

THADDEUS: “I have thought about it.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Don't make any rash decisions, Thaddeus.”

THADDEUS: “It's not a rash decision, Sebastian. That sick son of a bitch cut her head off.”

I can identify with this. It wasn't that long ago that I contemplated killing my father for what he did to Caitlyn.

THADDEUS: “Do you remember a few months ago when Zachariah asked you to lead his militia against the King?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Yeah, I do. I said no. I refused, Thaddeus, because it's not my battle. I'll help them any way I can, son. I just can not and will not fight their battles for them.”

THADDEUS: “Just like that. No thoughts on how Zachariah allowed you, me, both of us to live here with them? No thoughts on repaying the favor?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “It's not that simple. Really, I wish it was. I'm here on a mission, Thaddeus. A mission I can not take the risk of failing on!”

THADDEUS: “And what is that mission, Sebastian!? I've trusted you with everything. Including my own life! What is the mission you're supposedly on!?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “It's a difficult answer.”

THADDEUS: “Bullshit! You're on some kind of mission, yet you spend mostly all of your time here, in this village, training these men and talking to me!

“What is your mission, Sebastian!?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I've come here Thaddeus...”

I place my hand on his shoulder.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “To protect my son and bring him home.”

The look in his eyes tell me that he's beginning to realize who his father is. It remains unspoken. Yet, I'm sure the moment he met me he shared my feelings. I knew he was my son. He may not realize what that feeling is, but its his head telling him that I'm his father.

THADDEUS: “Well, if you are who and what you say you are. If you're here for the reasons you say, then go do it.”

Or maybe not.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I'm going to be straight with you. Trust me when I say this. Whatever I'm doing here in this village, with you, is very much an important part of my goal.”

I want so badly to tell him who he is, who I am and where he's from. I'm new at this father thing. I don't want to be anymore responsible than I already am in his confusion on just who he is.

THADDEUS: “Well, if you won't lead Zachariah's militia...”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Thaddeus...”

THADDEUS: “Then I will.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Thaddeus, wait!”

He ignores me as he walks away. At that moment, Zachariah emerges from his hut nearby. He's still in the midst of the grieving process, but nonetheless, he joins me anyway.

ZACHARIAH: “Mornin' Sebastian.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Morning, Zachariah.”

ZACHARIAH: “I couldn't help overhearing from where I was eavesdropping.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Yeah, we don't argue quietly.”

ZACHARIAH: “You told us he was your son.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Yes, I did. I'm sorry, I...”

ZACHARIAH: “No, no, no. I knew you were lying from the beginning. Except, you weren't lying.”

I guess my silence tells him the story.

ZACHARIAH: “He really is your son. He just doesn't know it.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I think he's starting to suspect.”

ZACHARIAH: “I'll do you one better, Sebastian. He more than suspects. I'd suggest that perhaps he knows it in his heart and his mind. And he waits for you to confirm what he already knows to be true.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I can't tell him, Zachariah. At least not yet. He's already so confused about who he is, where he's...”

ZACHARIAH: “I beg your pardon, Sebastian, perhaps a confirmation of what he thinks is true, will alleviate some of his confusion.”

It's certainly a good point.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “You might be right. In fact, you probably are. If I tell him, that will only lead to more questions I'm not yet prepared to answer.”

ZACHARIAH: “Tell him, son. He's at war with himself right now. He's not sure who he is or why he's here. He needs to know he's not all alone.”

I stand up, no longer able to take this conversation.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Thank you, Zachariah. Here you are, grieving over your loss and you still find time to advise me.”

ZACHARIAH: “It's all in a day, son.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I'll lead your militia against the King.”

Zachariah smiles and nods. I then go about the village in search of my son. I find him just as he defeats a fellow militia soldier in a sword fight. He notices me and walks over, taking off his helmet as he does so.

THADDEUS: “What do you want?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Just taking a look at the progress. Good job out there.”

THADDEUS: “Save it.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I've told Zachariah that I'll lead his militia.”

THADDEUS: “I got to you, didn't I?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Probably more than you realize.”

THADDEUS: “I doubt that.

“See, you listen to me. You care about me. You always try and protect me. You saved my life last week in the castle. A man that does that for someone who is basically a stranger, can't be a stranger. A man that does that, puts himself at risk while supposedly on some mission to protect his child.

“Why is that?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “.......”

THADDEUS: “It's because you are my father.”

I can say nothing. I just stare at the young man.

THADDEUS: “Say it.”

Again, nothing.

THADDEUS: “Say it, God damn it!”

I brace myself for the inevitable never ending series of questions.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Thaddeus, you are my son.”

Thaddeus' eyes are watery. I suppose mine are as well.

THADDEUS: “Was it that hard to admit?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “No, no. It's not that. I just didn't want to confuse you any further than you are.”

THADDEUS: “So, how does it feel?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “How does what feel?”

THADDEUS: “How does it feel knowing your the father of the future King of the American Empire?”

Fade to Darkness.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Sebastian Duke's post:
Julian Martin (04-01-2014), Ozymandias (04-04-2014)