Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-27-2024, 07:16 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Career Colleges' are the work of the devil!
XLDIGJYTRWWWQ Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

03-01-2013, 06:49 PM

Hey,

I'm a gullible idiot but I praise dear sweet baby jesus that I was instilled with a natural paranoia and need to 'fact check.'

I was about to enroll in an IT program at a career college called Brown Mackie. I scheduled a 'visit' 'cuz I saw a flier in the mail about an easy and light course schedule. I'd seen tv ads for them for years and figured they were a legit school...

So I go, I'm there 3 hours, they run my FAFSA, Get all my info and everything. It's the first day I've ever talked to someone and inside 3 hours I'm enrolled, staring this monday and boom bada bing I'm in college.

Having preivously spent a nightmare trying to get into a community college(accepted and all got hung up in FA), I was amazed. They ran my FAFSA and enrolled me and charged it and boom... 30k for 2 years in an Associates Degree.

Then I double check 'em when I get home 'cuz I was like... 'that was waaaaay too easy.'

Their credits don't transfer and they don't offer a BA, so I would have never been able to get it. They weren't regionally accredited ANYWHERE. So i checked prices on tuition compared to the highly regarded community college I want to go to... (my aunt works there...)... the same program(essentially), has a third the cost for credit hours and less credit hours required.

I would have overpaid 20k for a lesser degree that I couldn't move forward with at the 'career college', as opposed to the community college which I can transfer into a higher univerity for a BA.

I read fine prin and am entitled to a 'full refund' from this BS Career College within 6 days... so tomorrow, I'ma jacknife up there early at the crack of dawn and make damn sure I kill that process deader then Jenna Jameson's tits.

I'm gullible... but thank the lord for google, 'fact checking' and paranoia.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-01-2013, 07:13 PM

Yeah, stay away from those places. I think the popular ones that steal people's money are University of Phoenix, Art Institute, and ITT Tech. I think Devry is even a bit iffy at this point. Basically, any college that runs commercials on TV are just out to take your $$$, and their degrees mean shit.

Use this place to get a listing of which colleges are legit: http://www.careeronestop.org/EducationTr...ining.aspx

You definitely want to be careful. It can be difficult finding classes that will transfer to universities. I know there's at least two I've taken that probably won't transfer.

My advice is hit up the community college in your town. They're usually cheap and have transferable credits. Their degree plans aren't going to catch your eye like those for-profit schools, but at least their degrees are worth something when you graduate.
Hate Post Like Post
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

03-02-2013, 06:31 AM

As the old saying goes... if it sounds too good to be true... it probably is...
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

03-02-2013, 07:31 AM

They are sooooo annoying. U can apply then say u don't want to do it and those fucktards call u incessantly to bug u. I tell them to fuck off or block the number

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post