Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-01-2024, 06:58 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Origins of the Beast(Part Two)(RP 3)
Cain Offline
The Last Son of Eden

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

03-21-2014, 05:37 PM

Unknown Location: A.D. 26

"A Messiah?"

The Beast chortled. He couldn't believe what his soldier had just told him. He'd seen a many a thing in his extremely long life. But upon hearimg of this so called Messiah, The Beast could do nothimg but laugh. You see, he was a believer of the Roman Patheon. And his favorite God of all? Mars. He lived by the blade. Many had died by his blade. The younger soldier continued his conversation with The Beast, watching sparks fly off of the grinder.

"That's what the Emperor said, General. He said that a man had appeared; they say he can even perform miracles!"

Romulus simply shook his head. In his culture, there was an explanation for everything. Not just one singular God, but many. Listeming to the younger soldier...it was like listening to the rantings of a small child who'd been led to believe that candy was being given away on the streets. Honestly, it made him sick. He looked down at his blade, now a gladius. He thought to himself as he ran his finger over the nine notches in the mysterious hilt, made of some sort of bone. He looked up at his young charge, his eyes gleaming with the sparks from the sharpener.

"Pure foolishness, boy. The question is, Thadeus, do you actually believe that? Do you believe that a mere mortal could perform miracles as our Gods can?"

The young Thadeus looked down for a moment.

"Well....they say he can heal the sick. They say he can make a blind man see."

"So you have seen him do this, yes?"

"Well, no...but..."

The young soldier's hopes were beimg dashed by the monsterous general of the Caesar's army. But the man dashing his hopes? Well, he was a fearsome warrior. A man who's words had always proven true. Though he was cruel, he was very honest. Very professional. A cold blooded killer, the perfect soldier. The young man watched Romulus grin as the Gladius in his hand flashed a bit. Then he felt his own blood run cold as those ice blue eyes met his own brown ones. He froze.

"You are a fool. Just like those twelve men who follow this so-called Messiah. You have blind faith. You believe in things that you do not see, while I have seen the power of the Gods. I've seen the erupting volcanoes of Lord Vulcan. I have seen the raging seas of Neptune. However, I have not seen a man make a blind man see. But you, young Thaddeus, you are falling into his trap. His lies. For that..."

Romulus scowled.

"I must regretfully discharge you from my army, because there is no room for such blind faith in my ranks. You are discharged, young man. Leave my sight lest I expell your intestines on the cobbletone floor. You make me sick. You and your false messiah."

Thaddeus couldn't believe what he was hearing. A man who was his friend suddenly hated every fiber of his being, due to the fact that his beliefs were changing. Certainly, they were not the beliefs of the emperor. Which meant that his loyalty was also in question. From Romulus' point of view, he couldn't allow that. He turned his nose up at the young cafet, bidding him to leave.

"But...General...my father was the General before you. I'm a legacy..."

"Oh...and he died, yes? And bequeathed his greatest soldier as his replacement? Me. I bet...you miss him, don't you?"

Even the strongest Roman soldier had that one tinge of love for their own family. Thaddeus was no different. He looked down and sighed.

"Yes sir...I do...I wish I could have joined him."

"You...wish to join your father?"

Thaddeus wasn't thinking straight when he said it, but indeed he did. His emotional state wasn't exactly the best in the world at the moment.

"Yes sir. I.."

Before he could finish, he felt a sharp, piercing pain. Right through the heart. He looked up at his general, who's sick grin was the last thing he would ever see. Everything faded to black and he slumped to the floor at the feet of his General. Romulus now stood above him, wiping blood from his blade. He spit on the poor man's corpse.

"Hrmf...pussy."

He turned his back on the dead soldier, sheathing his prized Gladius. The trumpets sounded. He knew what this meant. It meant that his emperor would soon make a huge announcement. The proud General walked away, head held high and marched toward his destination. Romulus hated weakness. Always.

To Be Continued

[Image: Wz4kwdV.jpg]
The awesome banner was brought to you by Morbid Fuckin Angel.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cain's post:
Ozymandias (03-26-2014)