Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:52 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Road To X-treme" Dev. Show RP Archive
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On The Dotted Line (RP #2)
Julian Martin Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

03-22-2014, 01:09 PM

OOC: Permission to use Theo Pryce

Julian Martin had received a phone call earlier in the day while filming his first promotional piece for the Road To Xtreme brand of the Xtreme Wrestling Federation. Julian Martin is currently driving to an unknown location in his 2009 Jaguar XF Sedan.

[Image: 2009_jaguar_xf_sedan_premium-luxury_fq_o...726962.jpg]

Julian Martin pulls up to what seems to be a fancy restrurant and takes a seat at a table and proceeds to order himself a glass of Chardonnay before he notices someone walking up to the table.

"Well, hello, Mr. Martin, I am glad you made it. Thank you for taking the time to meet me here. It is a pleasure to finally meet face-to-face. As you know, my name is Theo Pryce, head of Pryce Industries."

Pryce extends his hand and Julian stands up and shakes his hand.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Pryce. Julian. Julian Martin. Care for a glass?"

Pryce smirks as he notices the bottle of Chardonnay on the table.

"1984 Testarossa Chardonnay, huh? Very good taste, Mr. Martin, but alas, the beverage can wait for now. I asked you here today as I felt that it would be best to officially offer you a place at Pryce Industries in person, instead of trying to negotitate by telephone. I prefer to be, well, hands-on, when it comes to my affairs."

"Ah, as do I, Mr. Pryce, and must I say I am hoping we can come to terms! It would be quite the honor to come work for one of the biggest industries in the world."

"Well, Mr. Martin, I must say that the honor would be mine as well. Why, you are a top ten graduate from the University of Cambridge out of their business program, which is one of the most presidogus in the world, and your resume speaks for itself, both business-wise and wrestling-wise. We could use someone like you here at Pryce Industries and in the XWF! I heard that you were recently signed to the RTX."

"Yes, the "developmental" brand. Between me and you, Mr. Pryce, I almost consider it an insult, but alas, there are some things in this world you cannot control. There are men in power in the company like James and others that really cannot view TRUE talent when it is right in front of them. I am grateful to men like Archie Lawson and Paul Heyman for giving me the opportunity that they have."

"Believe me, Mr. Martin. When the time is right, I assure you, you will have a spot on the main roster. I will see to it personally. Speaking of opportunities, allow me to officially give you one now."

Theo Pryce pulls some papers out of his briefcase. We can see that some of them have the Pryce Industries logo on them. Julian Martin begins to look over the papers and look through them.

"This is your official contract to join Pryce Industries as one of my top business advisors and assisiants. As I stated previously, Mr. Martin, your qualifications are outstanding and I would be pleased if you could bring your brilliant mind to Pryce Industries and work for me. I feel that we could do some great things together."

Theo extends a hand that has a pen in it to Julian, who takes the pen with one hand and proceeds to look over the contract with the other. He looks up at Theo.

"I appreciate hearing those words come from you, Mr. Pryce. It has been a dream of mine to work for such a big company and take my mind somewhere where it could be put to good use. I do have a question, however, before I put pen to paper."

Theo Pryce raises an eyebrow.

"A question? I would assume that everything is pretty well laid out and that you would be ready to sign on the dotted line, why, I do not offer contracts like this to just anyone, Mr. Martin."

"I understand that, Mr. Pryce, but I do have one question before I officially sign. I noticed here on this page about my initial salary. Quite honestly, Mr. Pryce, this number seems to be less than I would have expected."

Theo Pryces laughs and smirks.

"Mr. Martin, that number is just a start! A dangling carrot so to speak. If you read the next page, as long as you perform up to par under both Pryce Industries and the RTX, that number will only rise. Why, it should not be a problem for someone like you to handle your business. I am confident that that number will rise. Why, Mr. Martin, if you play your cards right, you could even potentially be a future vice-president of this company!"

Julian Martin blinks at that proclaimation and shakes his head.

"I understand, Mr. Pryce. But, as you said, it should not be a problem for me to handle business. It will NOT be a problem for me to handle business. I know all about both businesses, sir, and I understand the notion of this number just being a start. However, I must also make note of something you said earlier in that, individuals like me do not get offers from you every day. Honestly, Mr. Pryce, I doubt that you will ever have another man walk into your company with as high of qualifications as I do outside of the ring or the pure skill I have in the ring and at my age? Why, Mr. Pryce, I believe that with that in mind, I think that this initial number should be somewhat higher. Where else will you find someone like me, honestly?"

Theo Pryce pauses and stares at Martin for a few moments before smirking.

"You got a pair, Mr. Martin. Very few, if any, would attempt to haggle with a man like me. Some would even take that contract from your hands and rip it to shreds and tell you to take that crap elsewhere. But I like you, Martin. You got a cutthroat mentality, a "don't take shit from nobody" mentality, and we need more individuals like that in both this company and the XWF. Tell you what, Mr. Martin..."

Pryce grabs the contract and opens it up and takes a pen from his pocket and writes something down on the contract and then lays it back in front of Julian.

"...how does this number sound to you? Keep in mind, that this is the biggest initial salary I have ever offered anyone, and as I stated earlier, this is just the start! You take care of business, and the sky is the limit for you, both here with Pryce Industries and in the XWF. I assure you, you do the jobs asked of you like I believe you will and you will be rewarded beyond your wildest dreams, Mr. Martin. What do you say?"

Theo Pryce extends his hand for a handshake.

Julian Martin looks at the contract and then looks at Theo before grinning from ear to ear.

"You got yourself a deal, Mr. Pryce!"

Julian Martin signs his name on the contract and places the pen down before shaking Theo Pryce's hand.

"Welcome to Pryce Industries, Mr. Martin. It is a pleasure to have you aboard."

"The pleasure is mine, Mr. Pryce. I guarantee you, you will not be disappointed!"

"I have a strong feeling you will hold to that guarantee, Mr. Martin, I am looking forward to seeing what you have in store for both my company and for the Road To Xtreme. I will be watching closely, and looking forward to what I see."

"As you said earlier, Mr. Pryce, the sky is the limit. You will see that you've made the right decision, I assure you. Thank you for this opportunity, and it will be a pleasure to do business with you."

"No, thank you, Mr. Martin, you have made a wise decision, and now it is time to celebrate! Waiter, bring me a glass!"

A waiter brings Theo Pryce a glass and Theo pours himself a bottle of the chardonnay and Julian pours himself another glass as well, and the two hold their glasses up to toast the business agreement and the signing of Julian Martin to Pryce Industries.

"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." - Sir Winston Churchill
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Julian Martin's post:
(03-23-2014), Theo Pryce (03-27-2014)