Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-20-2024, 06:22 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
The Next Step
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-07-2014, 09:49 AM

Thursday February 6, 2014 – 11 AM EST – The Compound – Old Saybrook

Several days ago I received a phone call from Thomas Martin’s Attorney stating that due to Thomas’s untimely demise I would be the beneficiary of a good portion of his estate. The original figure was $75 million dollars but after the sale of my 16.5% portion of his company the final total ended up being a shade of $100 million. Tomorrow I will meet with Richards at his office in Brooklyn to sign whatever documents I need to and receive said money. In the mean time I have tried to figure out what to do with the money. The possibilities are endless. Perhaps Sebastian has some ideas.

Upon entering Sebastian’s office I see him walking around, a book in his hand. Sebastian was unable to make it to Miami last night to see yet another victim fall at my feet. I thought about walking into his office wearing the X-treme title around my waist but then I realized I’m not John Madison. I not Peter Gilmour, I don’t walk around the house wearing my title or a cardboard crown on my head. Who does that anyway? Is Peter Gilmour afraid it’s going to get lost? It’s a Wrestling Championship belt, they sort of stick out. Sebastian has asked previously that I not interrupt while he is in the middle of reading so I stand there inside the office for a few moments before he finally notices that I am there.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Good to see you Enigma.”

“I take it you were victorious last night in your quest to become the new XWF X-treme Champion?”

ENIGMA: “That is correct.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Excellent.”

“And Morbid Angel, did he walk out of there alive?”

ENIGMA: “He left there alive.”

“Walking was not an option.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“Excellent.”

“You have done well my Apprentice, very well done.”

“You will make an excellent weapon for the Black Circle against any and all who would stand against it.”

“Bear in mind though, now that you hold that title you have become a marked man.”

ENIGMA: “So much the better.”

"But I am curious, who is it that stands against the Black Circle? From what I have seen in my admittedly short time with the company, everyone seems focused on this whole Company versus Congregation war."

SEBASTIAN DUKE:"That is correct."

"And that is perfectly fine with us."

"While the vast majority of the roster is battling each other we will operate in the shadows."

ENIGMA:"And that is the way the Black Circle prefers to do business?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE:"When it needs to."

“You need to understand something though.”

“You are a member of The Black Circle. Everything you do now is magnified.”

“You are the X-treme Champion and with that come certain responsibilities.”

ENIGMA: “Yes I know. Defended 24-7 I know.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“No, you don’t know.”

“There was a time when the X-Treme title meant something. When it was a title people aspired to have.”

“Now it has become the title people shit all over. It’s the bullshit title that is barely above Eli’s Ark of the Covenant title.”

“You have a responsibility while under the banner of the Black Circle to bring that title back to prominence.”

ENIGMA: “I assume you have some suggestions as to how I am to do that?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“Of course I do. But that’s not what I wanted to talk to you about.”

Once, just once I wish he would not jerk me around and would instead just get right to the point. I know I’ve said this before but seriously…why spend 10 minutes building up to something only to change the subject right before getting to the relevant information. Typical Sebastion.

ENIGMA: “Care to share?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Matthew mentioned that there was a lawyer looking for you.”

ENIGMA: “That’s correct.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“Everything alright?”

ENIGMA: “Yes.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I see you aren’t just going to offer the information up freely.”

ENIGMA:“Was not planning on it.”

Two can play at that game.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Eric...”

ENIGMA: “That is not my name.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“You’re right. I apologize.”

“Enigma, what did the lawyer want?”

ENIGMA: “Well, as luck would have it, Thomas Martin left a very sizable estate upon his passing of which I am the beneficiary to half of.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Is that so?”

ENIGMA: “It is.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“How much are we talking about?”

ENIGMA:“I don’t see how that matters.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“Everything matters.”

ENIGMA: “I’m sure you could ask Matthew for the answer, since he apparently you have reporting on what I do.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“I have him reporting on everyone and everything, so don’t take it personal.”

ENIGMA: “I don’t.”

“I will say though, Paranoia is unbecoming of a man such as yourself.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Paranoia?”

ENIGMA: “Don’t take it personal Sebastian.”

“It’s a personality trait that plagues all great men.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “It’s not paranoia, it’s called being careful.”

ENIGMA: “Tomato, tomato.”

You ever have a moment when you realize the second the words leave your lips that you are going to immediately regret saying them? This is that moment. For the past 15 minutes Sebastian had been standing over his desk, book still in hand. As I finished making my ill timed joke Sebastian slammed the book on the desk and stared directly at me. His stare was so menacing that I was expecting red laser beams to shoot out of his eyes like he was the real life Cyclops.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “One of these days that mouth of yours is going to get you into trouble.”

ENIGMA: “I will take that under advisement.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Be sure that you do.”

“Now back to the matter at hand.”

“The money you are receiving, do you have plans for it?”

ENIGMA: “I do not.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Would you like me to offer my guidance?”

ENIGMA: “By all means.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Whatever you do, do not put it in a bank. You can not under any circumstances trust American banks.”

ENIGMA: “Understood.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Invest it.”

“But be smart about it.”

“Normally I would tell you to invest in properties, businesses, houses, either one, but with you it’s a bit trickier.”

ENIGMA: “Why is that?”

Rather than responding verbally Sebastian instead points up to his face, indicating that the mask could pose a problem.

ENIGMA: “I see.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “When are you going to New York to finalize everything?”

ENIGMA: “Tomorrow.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I am assuming you won’t be wearing the mask then?”

ENIGMA: “That is correct.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Then I think perhaps I should accompany you down there.”

ENIGMA: “If you wish.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I also think it would be a good time for me to meet your mother.”

“Depending on what she has to say we can possibly progress to the next step.”

ENIGMA: “And what would that be?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Bringing her and father together.”

Interesting.

Fade to Darkness.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post