Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-07-2024, 02:17 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Era of Darkness Has Arrived
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-03-2014, 07:02 PM

February 19, 2014 – 11:05 PM EST Bon Secours Wellness Arena – Greenville, South Carolina

Tonight was simply a warning shot.

DarkJay Rider walked to the ring seeing an opponent, seeing an opportunity to make a name for himself. What he didn’t see was the darkness. He didn’t see, The Great Mystery. He didn’t see an Enigma. In fact, he didn’t see at all.

It is for those reasons and so many more, that when it came time to seize victory DarkJay Rider became the first of what will surely be a long line of unfortunate souls who will bear witness first hand to what I am capable of.

And I owe it all to my master, my brother, the King of Darkness, Sebastian Duke.

As I finish packing up my wrestling gear Sebastian comes back from his match which ironically was with the sister of my opponent. It would have been interesting had the two of us had a tag team matches against the Riders instead of solo matches but the truth is, the XWF is not ready for what Sebastian and I can do. That is not arrogance, or overconfidence, it is simply putting the truth on the table. It is up to you to decide how you want to interpret it.

Looking through the record books, at least, the records going back to the beginning of this current era of the XWF it seems as though this federation is devoid of any truly dominate tag teams. I understand that Peter Gilmour and Poppa Feder held the titles for a while, roughly 4 months. That’s impressive. Though I don’t see a whole lot of actual title defenses occurring during that time. And where is Poppa Feder now? Retired from what I understand. Sebastian thinks it’s due to back problems that developed over the course of having to carry his partner to victory over and over again.

The tag team titles changed hands a few times before finally settling around the waists of possibly the greatest tag team this federation has ever seen…until now. It’s fitting that ½ of the current tag team champions is my brother, the other ½ a no talent mechanic with a penchant for vulgar language. At one point he and Sebastian were close, at other points they have been mortal enemies. It seems as though their feelings towards each other changed as often as the seasons. At some point in the near future their ongoing dispute will come to a head and when it does I will be there to witness Sebastian put Griffin MacAlister down once and for all.

In the mean time I must reflect on tonight’s match.

Sebastian looks over at me for a second but says nothing. I saw him come out from the back during my match, watching to see if the time he had dedicated to training his apprentice was a waste or not. What I don’t know is whether he stayed until the matches conclusion or not and I am struggling to put together the words necessary to ask the question without coming off as a young child seeking their father’s approval. I spend a good 5 minutes trying to come up with the right thing I say and all I could come up with is…

ENIGMA: “Great match Sebastian.”

Without even looking up or otherwise acknowledging that I am there he responds with a grunted...

SEBASTIAN DUKE:”Yes it was.”

ENIGMA: “What did you think of my match with Dark…”

Before I could even finish my sentence Duke’s head snaps up, he throws his boot to the ground.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What did I think?”

“I thought it was sloppy.”

“There are no medals for defeating inferior opponents and that’s all you did. You went in there and you beat someone you should have.”

“You should have put him down 30 seconds into that match and instead you toyed with him.”

ENIGMA: “I was getting my bearings. This is still new to me brother.”

Apparently it was not my place to speak as doing so only resulted in further scorn from Sebastian. He stood up and took 3 steps over to me and looked down upon me as I attempted to finish tying my boots.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Here, in the halls of the XWF when I speak you listen.”

“Do I make myself clear?”

ENIGMA: “Crystal.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Good. Now let’s make sure we do not revisit this conversation.”

ENIGMA: “Understood.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Now, if you would like to discuss in more detail the ways in which your match was a disappointment to me I would be glad to do that.”

“But not here.”

“We will conduct our business in private.”

ENIGMA: “I understand.”

I should have kept my mouth shut. I’m not sure if it was my performance in the ring that has him so angry or if it was me bringing it up here, either way, I immediately regret having said anything. The car ride to the airport should be pleasant.

February 20, 2014 – 5:15 AM EST The Compound – Old Saybrook

As expected the car ride from the arena to the airport and the flight from South Carolina back to Connecticut was filled with awkward silence. I guess I was wrong in assuming that both of us having a match that ended in victory would have been something worth celebrating. Since it was abundantly clear that Sebastian was angered at my actions in the ring and was in no mood to talk I did what I thought would be the smartest thing I could do. I went right to my private quarters and reviewed the recording Matthew made of my match…I reviewed my match for 2 straight hours, foregoing sleep in fear that Sebastian might show up at my room and want me to list off the 5 things I did wrong in the match.

My hope was that Sebastian would see the work I was putting in to study and hopefully correct my mistakes so that when he finally did get around to speaking with me, he might take it easy rather than exploding into what is sure to be a one sided conversation. You know the kind, lots of yelling and condescension while the person on the receivng end sits there and takes the verbal beating with a smile? Yeah, that is what I am picture happening as soon as Sebastian finishes with whatever it was he chose to do upon returning to The Compound.

After being sufficiently fatigued from viewing my own match over and over again I decided to watch Sebastian’s match. And to be honest, I learned more from that than I did my own. I’m not actually sure if that is a good thing or not, I am sure Sebastian will be able to point me in the right direction. That’s why he is the teacher and I but the student.

Maybe it was my own ignorance but I thought that winning would be what mattered most however Sebastian’s silence was deafening. Without saying anything he has already taught me valuable lessons, lessons that I will take with me as I ascend the ranks of the XWF. Sebastian is the King of Darkness and based on what I have seen from the XWF’s so called “King In Name Only” there is no reason that I can not dethrone a Theo Pryce. And I will start that task one match at a time.

You will know me by my trail of victims.

Fade To Darkness

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like The Enigma's post:
Archie Lawson (03-05-2014), Liz Hathaway (03-03-2014)