Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-07-2024, 04:31 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
My Father's Past Part III
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-03-2014, 06:51 AM

OOC: Please note that the section in between the White asterik's is dialogue that I copy and pasted from Sebastian Duke's RP "My Father's Past Part II" I changed a few words so that I could switch the perspective from that of Duke to Enigma, so for those that will judge this piece of work please be aware of that. Thank you.

Friday, February 14, 2014 – 6:20 AM EST - The Compound – Old, Saybrook

You would think that with how eager I was to finally meet my father that I would have taken some time to contemplate all the ways in which said meeting could go. And yet, I didn’t. I was so caught up in the when and where that I never considered the how. As excited and wonderful as that moment was going to be for me, for my father there are so many emotions that he could experience in that instant. Joy, Relief, Shame, Sadness, Confusion, just to name a few.

Having updated Sebastian regarding the visit with my mother, he and I felt that it would be best if the meeting with our father took place today. My father was away for a few days taking care of Illuminati business but would be returning sometime in the late evening of the 13th. Sebastian felt that having the meeting first thing this morning was in everyone’s best interests. The fact that we had finally picked a date and time was enough to send my mind into a sprint. What would I do? What would I say? I asked Sebastian these questions and his answer was simplistic as I had expected.

“Let the events dictate that.”

Some might consider that answer to be purposefully obtuse, whereas I felt that it made perfect sense. It was typical Sebastian. He knows as well as anyone should that there is no sense in planning for something like this because no matter what you plan for, it will be the one thing you didn’t; that ends up happening. And he’s right, it would. So I’ll take his advice and do it on the fly.

I thought about getting up a bit earlier than normal so that I could make my way down to the kitchen for some breakfast but that didn’t end up happening. My stomach was in such knots that the thought of trying to eat would only make it feel worse. So instead I decided to simplify my morning by waking up, getting dressed and pacing about my room for 45 minutes. Sebastian didn’t give me an exact time of our meeting just that it would be sometime in the early morning, most likely before 6:30am as Asmodeus likes to get his day started by 6:00am at the latest. After pacing about I decided to give my legs a break and sit down in the corner, resting my hands upon my knees.

A few moments later the knob to my door turns and in steps Sebastian, and my father. For the first time in my life, my father, my true father is standing before me. Except at this moment all he see’s is a mask. He has no idea what is under that mask. My only hope is that the truth is not a huge letdown. I don’t know I could handle that. Not after everything else I have been through with the Martins. This is my last chance so to speak.

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“Hello, Eric.”

ENIGMA: “Good morning, my Master.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“Will you do something for me, Eric?”

ENIGMA: “Of course. Anything.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“Will you remove your mask?”

I hesitate at first…

ASMODEUS: “Why does he....”

I removed the mask, leaving it in my hands.. Whatever my father was about to ask ends up stifled as he takes in the face beneath the mask.

ASMODEUS: “How is that possible?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“There's more to this story than you realize. He's not who you think he is.”

Sebastian hands him a photograph but my father immediately placees the photo back in his pocket.

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“I brought that for a reason. Look at it and tell me what you see.”

ASMODEUS: “I've looked at that picture a million times over the years, Sebastian. I think I know it well.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“Just do it.”

He pulls out the photograph. He stares at it intensely for several seconds. His eyes squint, then open. He slowly looks away from the picture and over to me. When he does so, his eyes grow wide.

ASMODEUS: “Ohhh my god damn!”

Asmodeus stumbles backwards and hits the wall. Both Sebastian and I jump to help him.

ASMODEUS: “I'm okay, I'm okay.”

He rights himself, then sits down on the bed.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Now you know why I went out and found myself an apprentice.”

ASMODEUS:“It can't be.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“It is, Dad.

“C'mon, lets leave Eric be for now.”

Asmodeus is hesitant to leave. I place the mask back upon his face. Sebastian shuts the door behind him.

Well that went…I don’t even know how to describe how that went. On the surface Asmodeus seemed completely caught off guard. There is no doubt in my mind that Asmodeus had given up on the notion of ever meeting me. And to be honest who could blame him? At some point the pictures and the letters stopped coming his way. My mother, for whatever reason decided to continue to protect her husband and that family unit and as a result my biological father lost out on the chance to see me grow up. Even, if it was only by photograph.

One of the things I would like to ask Asmodeus, when the time is right, is why he never took it upon himself to try and track me down? At some point he knew that I had reached adult hood and despite what my mother may have wanted he could have found me, Sebastian did, so there is no reason to believe that he could not have done the same. Perhaps Asmodeus and my mother had come to an agreement that he was to never contact me but even then, I find it hard to believe, given everything Sebastian has told me about the man that he would be happy with that sort of agreement. He obviously cared, the photographs and his initial reaction were proof of that.

Soon I hope to have some answers.

A few moments passed while I sat in my room replaying what had just happened and then there was a knock at the door. Sebastian was at the end.

ENIGMA: “Enter.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“So, how do you think that went?”

ENIGMA:“About as well as can be expected.”

“What did he have to say?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “He said that you being here was the greatest thing I had ever done for him.”

“Which I find somewhat interesting given some of the things I have done, but I certainly can see why he would believe that”

“He also asked about your mother, which we expected.”

ENIGMA: “What did you tell him?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Nothing. We agreed that for the time being I am to play ignorant.”

ENIGMA:“Thank you.”

“I need some more time with my mother before I suggest she meet with Asmodeus.”

“She did ask about him so there is at least mutual curiosity if anything else.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “From what I can get out of him, one of his biggest regrets is the relationship he has with you and your mother, or, the lack thereof."

“I can tell you this with absolute certainty, once Asmodeus has had a chance to process everything he will ask about your mother again, and he will keep asking until he is given some piece of relevant information.”

“And if I do not provide it for him, he will go to Matthew.”

ENIGMA:“That should not be a problem.”

“I assume Matthew would do whatever you tell him to.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Most likely, but Asmodeus can be very convincing when he needs to be.”

ENIGMA: “I can see that.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Matthew is as loyal as they come but when it comes to Asmodeus, even my most loyal soldiers will bend to his will.”

ENIGMA:“When will I get some time to speak with father, alone?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Whenever you wish.”

“Though I do believe that it would be most prudent if you allowed him to come to you. He needs time to process this as well.”

“Where as you have had the last two and a half months to come to terms with all of this, he has not.”

ENIGMA: “I understand. I will allow him to make the next move.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Thank you.”

“Now that brings me to my next topic, your mask.”

ENIGMA:“Do you not like it?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “No it’s fine. But now that you and Asmodeus have met face to face, you do not need to continue to wear it while on the grounds. Obviously you should continue to wear it when you leave the property but while you are here, you can take it off.”

“Unless you wish to keep it on, that is your decision to make.”

ENIGMA: “As odd as this may sound, this mask is as much a part of me now as you or Asmodeus.”

“For the time being I would like to keep it on when I can.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:”If that is your desire.”

ENIGMA:“It is.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Very well then.”

“Have you had a chance to eat breakfast? If not, come and join me, we have some things to discuss and we might as well kill two birds with one stone.”

ENIGMA: “As you wish.”

Two and a half months and this will be the first meal I have shared with my brother. Hopefully soon Asmoedus will be joining us.

Fade To Darkness.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like The Enigma's post:
Archie Lawson (03-05-2014), Liz Hathaway (03-03-2014), Mr. Radio (03-03-2014), Theo Pryce (03-04-2014)