Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-07-2024, 05:51 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Point Of No Return
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-23-2014, 01:55 PM

November 13, 2013 – 11:04 AM EST – Apartment 6J -Brooklyn, New York

It’s been almost 38 hours since Davis Jennings, code name Nightfall and I spoke. We met at the local pizza shop a few blocks from here. It was a quick conversation in which I shared very little above the bare minimum with him. Truthfully, Davis wouldn’t want to know any more than he needed to. Plausible deniability is key in situations like these. Without any information from Davis I am at a bit of a standstill. There is nothing else I can accomplish with the skills I posses. Hopefully Davis will be able to provide me with something, anything that will help me plan out my next steps.

Two days ago I made the decision to put an end to my father’s reign of terror. I want you to understand that it was not a decision I came to quickly and certainly not a responsibility I take lightly. Truth be told, I probably would have let me father continue to be the monster that he is if not for his new family, more specifically, his new daughter. It’s certainly possible that my father is a changed man, that his afflictions of the past are just that, of the past. But that is not a chance that I am willing to take. If there were an easier, less violent, less final way of doing this I would employ that option. But there isn’t.

The downtime that I have had awaiting Davis’s call has afforded me the opportunity to ponder all of the different solutions to my current dilemma. The truth is, I don’t want to put down my father like the dog that he is. I’ve never contemplated killing anyone, I am not religious but I do believe that it is not my right to take a life. And yet, that is what I have chosen to do. But is there another way? That is what I have spent the last two days debating.

During my recon phase of this I was able to determine that my father’s new wife is a home maker. Makes sense given what I estimate my father to be making yearly. I thought about paying her a visit and explaining to her what type of person her husband is. But to what end? There are so many possibilities for how such a visit could play out. The most likely scenario is that she kicks me out and notifies the authorities, as well as my father; which would result in my father now being on guard and a police report being filled out with my name as well as my face being attached. Heck, she could even call the police while I was there and have me arrested on the spot. Obviously that would be a problem.

Another possibility, the one that honestly would be the best case scenario would be that this women believes what I have to say and then packs her bags and takes her and my half sister out of that house and never looks back. But the chances of that happening are remote at best. On the off chance that she did actually believe what I had to say I surmise that her reaction would be similar to that of what 99% of women would do in that situation, she would confront my father. Of course, him being the serial liar that he is, he would talk his way out of it. Again, he would now be on guard and this woman would have been spun further into his web of lies. And that leaves me with the option I chose two days ago. My first instincts were correct for a reason.

Just as I was starting to get restless the sound of my cell phone vibrating pulls me out of my own internal debate. My nerves are such that my hands are shaking as I reach onto my night stand to grab the phone. It’s him, finally.

ERIC NIGEL MARTIN::”Hello this is Eric.”

NIGHTFALL:”The usual place. Two hours.”

Before I could even respond Davis had ended the call. Two hours. That gives me plenty of time to shower, grab a bite to eat and get to the place in time our meeting.

November 13, 2013 – 01:10 PM EST – AL’S PIZZA AND SUBS – Brooklyn, New York

Same routine as before, I get there first, pick the table in the back and wait. It takes about 2 minutes and Davis enters the restaurant, head down of course and makes his way to my table. He sits down and slides a manila folder towards me. I open it up and start carefully looking through the documents, which are a collection of pictures, print outs from my father’s Outlook calendar as well as several dozen email’s.

NIGHTFALL:”This should be everything you need. I took the liberty of writing down your father’s username and password so that you can access his Outlook Calendar. There is a good chance his company’s IT department will require him to change his password every 90 days. Hopefully for your sake you are at the beginning of a cycle and not the end.”

ERIC NIGEL MARTIN:”It won’t matter. I won’t need it long.”

NIGHTFALL:”Very well then. If there is nothing else then I’ll be going. It was good to see you again Eric.”

ERIC NIGEL MARTIN:”You as well. Thanks again.”

I spent a few more minutes reading over the various documents, I know it probably wasn’t the smartest idea, I should have taken the documents back to my place but after waiting two days for any type of information I wanted to soak in as much of it as quickly as I could. I suppose only about 20 minutes or so passed by, long enough for the proprietor of the establishment to ask if I was going to order something or leave. To which I ordered a slice of pizza and a soda. The truth is I wasn’t even hungry, I had just eaten lunch before meeting Davis but I felt sort of bad just taking up a table and not even eating anything, though one quick glance around the fairly empty restaurant told me that it was my money that they wanted more than the table. Not being hungry didn’t stop me from inhaling the slide of pizza. Bacon and extra cheese to be exact, that exact combination was the owners favorite and in the short time it took for me to eat it, had become mine as well. I grabbed the folder that Davis had given me, left a $5.00 dollar bill on the table to cover the food and drink and exited the establishment.

You would think that living in New York City I would be used to accidently bumping into people on the sidewalks, or vice versa. But I’m not. I generally go out of my way to avoid people in most walks of life, especially when I have no idea who they are or where they have been. Unfortunately I did not go far enough out of my way this time as I bumped into someone while making my trip back home. I suppose it was my own fault as my mind was elsewhere, still thinking about my father and the documents I had just scanned over while sitting in the restaurant. By the time I had processed what had just happened and turned around to say “Excuse Me” to whomever it was that I had knocked into they were already too far enough away, lost among the other people. Hopefully it wasn’t a woman or someone elderly.

By the time I got back to the apartment that my mother and I still shared my head was swimming in a sea of ideas. As I went to remove my coat I realized that it was a bit heavier than I had remembered. The coat had already had some weight to it as it is January in the North East so obviously a winter coat is needed. But even with that I do not remember the coat being this heavy when I put it on. I didn’t stop for anything outside of the folder that Davis game me, which I have had a death grip on since I left the restaurant. I hung the coat up and reached into the right side pocket where the coat had felt heaviest. As my hand reached the bottom of the pocket my hand brushed up against what felt like a piece of paper, on the underside of my hand I felt something small, metal, and cold. As I gripped the metal I could instantly tell what it was. I pulled the contents of the pocket out to reveal a small 9 mm handgun and as I suspected, a piece of paper. The paper was folded up and rubber banded around the gun. I pulled the piece of paper off and unfolded it.

Hilton Inn and Suites
Hartford ,Connecticut
Room 602

November 30, 2013 – 4:00 PM EST – 185 Brainard Road – Hartford, Connecticut

My research has told me that the target will be here sometime between today, the 15th and tomorrow the 16th. Check in is usually as early as 3:00pm and check out, as late as 10:00am according to the woman at the front desk that I spoke to two days ago. Having spent a few hours studying the blueprints of the hotel there are a few different places where it can go down. The elevator and stairwells are obviously the most secluded but most elevators these days have camera's built into the ceiling. Unfortunately I was not able to obtain any information to verify that and really the only way to do so would be to walk into an elevator and potentially stare directly into the camera, not the smartest move one would make when carrying out something of this nature. Doing it in the lobby or any of the hallways is too risky, too many potential witnesses. Room 602 is the only feasible option.

After a few minutes of pacing around the front of the hotel, looking into the various display windows of the store fronts attached to the hotel I decided to go over to one of the Newspaper Disposal machines. I inserted the required $1.00 in quarters and pulled out this mornings edition of the Hartford Courant. As I begin to turn the paper over to read what is below the fold, an industry phrase that I picked up from watching "The Wire" on HBO, I see Mr. Martin step out of a cab and walk into the hotel. At this point the hotel is across the street from my present location. Traffic on the road in front of me is rather busy so it will take me a few minutes to get across the street. I could try and weave my way in and out of traffic but the truth is, what is destined to happen, whether it is now or 2 hours from now. It will happen. Several minutes pass before the lights on the street sync up in a way that allows me and a dozen or so other people cross the street at the marked cross walk. Another minute or so before I finally approach the entrance of the hotel.

This is it. Weeks of research and careful planning have brought me to this point. The point of no return. Today one monster dies and another will be born. As I get to within about 5 feet of the entrance I see my target exiting the hotel in a bit of a rush, before he can even react I step in front of him to cut off his path.

SEBASTIAN DUKE:"Eric Martin, my name is Sebastian Duke. Come with me and I will get you out of here."

Fade to darkness.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like The Enigma's post:
Ambrose Helios (02-23-2014), Ezekiel Carter-Williams V (02-23-2014)